WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

nickys

Premium Member
Man, I would never had thought of that... that is truly sneaky.

I have an AP and tried to make FPs at Epcot just now for 30 days out(my wife also has an AP), and I made one for Soarin' and her for Frozen and it wouldn't allow me to transfer her Frozen to my account (it said I already had an experience selected from that list). Don't worry, I cancelled all of them!

But yeah, after the initial 3, I see it now. You could also get around the park hopping ban with FP that way too.

Couldn't you also do a variant of this though still "legally" if you had Grandma and Grandpa and little ones with you who say can't ride or don't want to ride FoP that day? You could select FOP FP+s for your entire party (2 early in the day for you and the spouse, the others (kids plus Grandparents much later in the day) as one of the 3, go do NRJ standby, do 2 other rides with the entire family that you have FPs for in the AK, and then transfer the little ones' and grandparents unused later FOP FP's to your accounts later (since you'll have used your 3?).

I mean, I guess that's the same as abusing the switch pass, but is it? Everyone whose MB was scanned was in the park that day....

I assume that would be fine, as long as Grandparents had actually entered the park. But, If they had stayed at the resort with the little ones, and you took their bands with you ..... looks like you now either cannot change party on their fps or, if you do so, get refused at the fp entrance and a warning on your account.

The post I saw implied she was refused entry and told to visit GS. But nothing concrete to confirm that.

freediverdude

Man, I would never had thought of that... that is truly sneaky.

I have an AP and tried to make FPs at Epcot just now for 30 days out(my wife also has an AP), and I made one for Soarin' and her for Frozen and it wouldn't allow me to transfer her Frozen to my account (it said I already had an experience selected from that list). Don't worry, I cancelled all of them!

But yeah, after the initial 3, I see it now. You could also get around the park hopping ban with FP that way too.

Couldn't you also do a variant of this though still "legally" if you had Grandma and Grandpa and little ones with you who say can't ride or don't want to ride FoP that day? You could select FOP FP+s for your entire party (2 early in the day for you and the spouse, the others (kids plus Grandparents much later in the day) as one of the 3, go do NRJ standby, do 2 other rides with the entire family that you have FPs for in the AK, and then transfer the little ones' and grandparents unused later FOP FP's to your accounts later (since you'll have used your 3?).

I mean, I guess that's the same as abusing the switch pass, but is it? Everyone whose MB was scanned was in the park that day....

Well that's really the same as taking their magicbands while you're there together and using them, which to me isn't a big deal, only people in the park are using fastpass that way. And I don't think Disney would want to start policing who is wearing what magicband and does the name match your ID and so on once you're inside the park.

DisneyDefenders

Maybe if Disney didn't have silly rules, people wouldn't resort to silly strategies. For example, why the heck are you only able to schedule Fast Passes for one park, even if you have a park hopper ticket? Why set an arbitrary 3 Fast Pass limit, instead of limiting it based on the times you book your Fast Pass reservations to simply avoid overlapping times? Why the categorization of attractions which further limits you to only one Fast Pass for rides in certain categories? I have never heard of large scale cheating of Universal's Express Pass or any other similar service, possibly because they don't have silly restrictions that make no sense.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Maybe if Disney didn't have silly rules, people wouldn't resort to silly strategies. For example, why the heck are you only able to schedule Fast Passes for one park, even if you have a park hopper ticket? Why set an arbitrary 3 Fast Pass limit, instead of limiting it based on the times you book your Fast Pass reservations to simply avoid overlapping times? Why the categorization of attractions which further limits you to only one Fast Pass for rides in certain categories? I have never heard of large scale cheating of Universal's Express Pass or any other similar service, possibly because they don't have silly restrictions that make no sense.

Like most cubicle drones Disney's drones love complexity to make themselves felt when 'Policy' is made. They don't care if it upsets the customers because they never SEE a customer. It's why Walt and Eisner worked in the parks themselves to see what worked and more importantly what DID NOT work.

Disney now has a leadership team which needs to be physically dragged into the parks kicking and screaming and as such nonsense policies get implemented because they dont impact the policy maker

Jeffxz

If I recall correctly (and I might be entirely wrong), but I think they did scan our bands whenever we checked in for the express bus. It would probably just be a matter of also collecting the info of which park they're going to at the same time

When using Express Transportation do they scan your ticket? You would think they would be doing that even before FP changes to keep people without park hoppers from hopping. Also to keep their stats updated on the number of people in each park.

Edit: beaten

My experience was that they scanned our band when we purchased the express transportation pass, but out of about 10 trips on the bus the cm only scanned our band once at check in. They only scanned a card they gave us specifically for express transport.

L.C. Clench

Like most cubicle drones Disney's drones love complexity to make themselves felt when 'Policy' is made. They don't care if it upsets the customers because they never SEE a customer. It's why Walt and Eisner worked in the parks themselves to see what worked and more importantly what DID NOT work.

Disney now has a leadership team which needs to be physically dragged into the parks kicking and screaming and as such nonsense policies get implemented because they dont impact the policy maker
You also have to keep in mind these policies aren't built with guest satisfaction in mind. Satisfaction is irrelevant if you are emptying your wallet. Efficiency is only profitable if it keeps you on property. There is a benefit to causing backups and stretching out time people spend in the parks, restaurants, gift shops, etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Because it's not arbitrary... It's not an infinite resource... and the rules distribute the capacity. It all makes sense, it's just not what you want to accept.

disneyworlddad

I like the idea, but the problem with that would be unless you're in the parks early in the morning, you would never get a fastpass for the hard to get rides again. Remember the stress with getting a TSMM fastpass back during the paper fastpass days.

I can understand people like booking in advance, it has its advantages. So maybe give them 1 FP+. I just liked that you had to be in the park to get your FP. I think it is more fair. I don't think it will ever change though because the 60 day FP window is a huge incentive for a lot of people to stay onsite vs off site.

AmandaS.

We actually had a scenario similar to this on our last visit. It was our first time using FP+, and I learned a LOT about what to do or not to do. My mother is not able to do a lot of rides (wheelchair, not into most rides) so we had booked only two FP+ for her (TSMM and Indiana Jone). Our plan was to use all three FP+ in the day (two for her), and then book an additional FP+ for Fantasmic for the evening. All was fine until... we had all used three FP+, she had only used two. The system would not allow us to make the FP+ for her because Fantasmic was in the same tier already used by another FP+ (TSMM). The solution was to book the third FP+ for her for ToT, and I used her band to ride it. Since you have to scan the MB to show the FP+ used, I saw no alternative. Once I rode ToT, then we were able to get the FP+ for Fantasmic.

So, is there any other way to do this? She did not want to go on any other attraction alone. I can see the same type of scenario happening if someone wanted to hop parks, but did not use all three FP+ in the first park. There needs to be a technical solution, but I also understand (and support) the need to limit abuse.
I think if you let the FP time expire it still counts as "using it" then you can book a 4th. I am not positive though. Ex. get a FP for something in the morning she didn't want to ride. By the time she rides her other 2, then she can book a 4th.

Yankee Mouse

I think if you let the FP time expire it still counts as "using it" then you can book a 4th. I am not positive though. Ex. get a FP for something in the morning she didn't want to ride. By the time she rides her other 2, then she can book a 4th.

Yep. Just get her three next time and when it expires she can get another one. We did the same with my daughter to keep her on same schedule as us. The only problem is you have to wait the hour so make that one an early one, not the last one of the day.

Lets Respect

Some people are having fantasies of assumed violators being shamed and themselves gaining endless FPs for their own jaunts in which of course they are entitled to everything under the sun ;), but they need to keep dreaming. If Disney starts locking MDE accounts they are playing with fire. Someone can't use their tickets that they paid for, they get a lawyer, boom, lawsuit

Kman101

Some people are having fantasies of assumed violators being shamed and themselves gaining endless FPs for their own jaunts in which of course they are entitled to everything under the sun ;), but they need to keep dreaming. If Disney starts locking MDE accounts they are playing with fire. Someone can't use their tickets that they paid for, they get a lawyer, boom, lawsuit

They can get a lawyer all they want but they're the ones breaking the rules Disney has in place. They don't stand a chance. Disney has every right to lock their MDE account and has every right to refuse them entry to the park.

Lets Respect

They can get a lawyer all they want but they're the ones breaking the rules Disney has in place. They don't stand a chance. Disney has every right to lock their MDE account and has every right to refuse them entry to the park.

Sure they can lock paying customers' accounts. But they won't. CMs maybe

flynnibus

Premium Member
Someone can't use their tickets that they paid for, they get a lawyer, boom, lawsuit

Except Disney can revoke that ticket at their discretion... plus that pesky terms of service for the app. The only hope would be a class action lawsuit... and they'd lose anyways. Disney has much more at risk from a PR point of view than liability. And who knows... Disney could take the white horse approach and paint the targets are scum. But Disney won't do anything unless it's ultra extreme.

Disney is being scammed all day long by unofficial tours... those are far more of an impact and Disney doesn't ban them. Disney is conflict adverse... not in weak legal position

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Someone needs to read their ticket or AP, especially the parts that say "REVOCABLE" and ""may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort". :hilarious:

Lets Respect

Except Disney can revoke that ticket at their discretion... plus that pesky terms of service for the app. The only hope would be a class action lawsuit... and they'd lose anyways. Disney has much more at risk from a PR point of view than liability. And who knows... Disney could take the white horse approach and paint the targets are scum. But Disney won't do anything unless it's ultra extreme.

Disney is being scammed all day long by unofficial tours... those are far more of an impact and Disney doesn't ban them. Disney is conflict adverse... not in weak legal position

Right they have more to lose than some nutty family who gets their account locked while they're on vacation. All the nutty family has to do is act dumb, claim they didn't know what they were doing and cry that their vacation was ruined. That's why I said they could lock accounts...but they won't

They can end this just by taking Change Party off the public view.

And definitely the tour groups and CMs are probably annoying them more than people buying expensive vacations

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Right they have more to lose than some nutty family who gets their account locked while they're on vacation. All the nutty family has to do is act dumb, claim they didn't know what they were doing and cry that their vacation was ruined. <snip>

I'm not sure what anyone can expect if they cry that their vacation is ruined because their account is locked out. If they post on forums they'll rightfully get "Katiebugged", if they post on social media they'll justifiably get attacked by super fans there, and if they report it to guest services they'll not really get any sympathy there either.

You don't have to have been around long to know how that would end. :joyfull:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

One of biggest factors in deciding against visiting WDW is we don't like jumping through corporate hoops on vacation. FP+ is a system of hoops our touring style has always been what park do we want to visit today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom