WDW Permits 2015

roj2323

but all of the rides AT THE SAME TIME? it is preventative maintenance or new installation of MM+ gear

Well at studios at least they have been doing major fire alarm and other electrical upgrades for months. The trucks are there daily and the crews are starting as soon as the park closes and clears nearly every night. In some cases they are working during the day too although off stage. I have seen them crossing through the park with large spools of wire a few times however. They have been running miles of wire for God knows what.

Tom

Beta Return
Well at studios at least they have been doing major fire alarm and other electrical upgrades for months. The trucks are there daily and the crews are starting as soon as the park closes and clears nearly every night. In some cases they are working during the day too although off stage. I have seen them crossing through the park with large spools of wire a few times however. They have been running miles of wire for God knows what.

What color is the wire you see them hauling around?

Tom

Beta Return
Lots of large cable 3/8's in black and then lots of 10 and 12 gauge red.

Yeah, the red was definitely fire alarm. 3/8" black...hmmm. Could be coax, but not likely that they run much of it. Might be heavy electrical conductors. But my guess is on multi-strand fiber cables. LOTS of fiber being run around the parks, to get network traffic as close to devices and systems as possible, and to increase bandwidth, especially with all the new nodes.

roj2323

Yeah, the red was definitely fire alarm. 3/8" black...hmmm. Could be coax, but not likely that they run much of it. Might be heavy electrical conductors. But my guess is on multi-strand fiber cables. LOTS of fiber being run around the parks, to get network traffic as close to devices and systems as possible, and to increase bandwidth, especially with all the new nodes.
It wasn't coax as I would have recognized that immediately. This was large cable similar to what you would run between breaker panels. It could have been fiber as that's what most of MM+ is linked together with but I didn't get a look at the end.

I've also noticed wifi being added all over the place so perhaps that might be part of the project as well.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

What do they use in Raptor containment areas?

Tom

Beta Return
It wasn't coax as I would have recognized that immediately. This was large cable similar to what you would run between breaker panels. It could have been fiber as that's what most of MM+ is linked together with but I didn't get a look at the end.

I've also noticed wifi being added all over the place so perhaps that might be part of the project as well.

Could be electrical feeder cable.....but I'm still banking on fiber. I'm sure they're replacing copper with fiber to as close as they can possibly get to every connected device on property. And adding strands in general.

roj2323

Could be electrical feeder cable.....but I'm still banking on fiber. I'm sure they're replacing copper with fiber to as close as they can possibly get to every connected device on property. And adding strands in general.
It was definitely Fiber. I walked past the truck a few nights ago and it was clearly spelled out on the logo. I unfortunately didn't catch the name of the company doing the work however. Polk city fire systems was also there doing work. Buena vista construction was seemly everywhere in the park too.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Sometimes I amaze myself :p
we-re-not-worthy-waynes-world-o.gif

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bunch of permits today for "Eletrical Install" in the lobbies of AK lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, Pop Century and Wilderness lodge.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? The address would put it in Epcot Future World, but I can't figure out exactly where that address is.

1336 Avenue of the Stars - 70" Monstropolis Monitor Relocate to Trailer W410

And finally, a new attraction at DHS, they are going to start compressing Muppets. ;)

Muppet Compressor - Installation

RayTheFirefly

Bunch of permits today for "Eletrical Install" in the lobbies of AK lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, Pop Century and Wilderness lodge.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? The address would put it in Epcot Future World, but I can't figure out exactly where that address is.

And finally, a new attraction at DHS, they are going to start compressing Muppets. ;)

beaker-o.gif

twebber55

just a guess could this be for the change over from paper permits for the cars to wristbands?

note2001

It has to be installation of their compressor. It took them a few years to work the kinks out I see.

RSoxNo1

Could be the tents in the parking lot near Universe of Energy?

Tom

Beta Return
Could be the tents in the parking lot near Universe of Energy?

1366 is definitely between UoE and M:S. Is there still a Monsters University display in the middle of Future World, or was it removed after F&G last year? I don't recall a 70" Monitor anyway, so no idea what this actually is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom