WDW Permits 2015

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was going through some permits from 1999 I ran across a permit for MGM with the interesting description "Copperfield Tunnel Reinforcement". I know the David Copperfield restaurant project never got off the ground at Disney but it looks like a piece of the park got the name anyway.

HauntedMansionFLA

I was going through some permits from 1999 I ran across a permit for MGM with the interesting description "Copperfield Tunnel Reinforcement". I know the David Copperfield restaurant project never got off the ground at Disney but it looks like a piece of the park got the name anyway.
What could go in the area of the park? I know they keep talking about moving the Osborne Christmas lights

roj2323

Got an address for that permit? I'm Kind of curious to see where it was.

Tom

Beta Return

Looks like that was probably a project related to Rockin roller coaster which opened in 99'.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2!3m1!1s0x88dd7efdd6765fe9:0x5b031f4a104c0f34

Given this information, what the heck is it actually referring to? There's no actual "tunnel" in the park, so is that an unofficial name of the launch corridor (tunnel) for RnRC?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Given this information, what the heck is it actually referring to? There's no actual "tunnel" in the park, so is that an unofficial name of the launch corridor (tunnel) for RnRC?

This permit is from early 1999 and the coaster opened in July 1999, so I assume it was well under way at this point. Not sure why they would need a permit for the tunnel that was under active construction.

roj2323

This permit is from early 1999 and the coaster opened in July 1999, so I assume it was well under way at this point. Not sure why they would need a permit for the tunnel that was under active construction.

It's possible they could have disturbed something during the construction and found the problem late. It's not unheard of to cause issues due to machine vibrations or say piling installation. Anyway it's just my educated guess.

WhatJaneSays

Perhaps it had something to do with the abandoned Copperfield Magic Underground project?

note2001

There is no TSR in Dinoland, correct?

Blue Sky, off the wall thought, Ak Tsr Temp Odv = Restaurantosaurus:banghead: conversion to TSR ?

Couldn't be. They need these quick service locations that permit weery folk to sit and rest without a reservation or a huge bill.

Temporary outdoor vending to me always sounds like an icecream cart. There is an icecream window there last I checked... of course that was years ago we went up to it. Maybe it's gone.

JWG

Couldn't be. They need these quick service locations that permit weery folk to sit and rest without a reservation or a huge bill.

Temporary outdoor vending to me always sounds like an icecream cart. There is an icecream window there last I checked... of course that was years ago we went up to it. Maybe it's gone.

There are several in and around that area starting just across the bridge from Discovery Island all the way down to the shop/exit of Dinosaur and inbetween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom