WDW Permits 2015

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Permit today for painting at World Showcase. The limits of work shown in the permits are just the lagoon.

World Showcase Lagoon - Painting
Ohhh, they are painting the lagoon?!?
Are they stealing from us here in Chicago?
tumblr_miyplbB1bO1qztsrto3_5001.jpg

Tom

Beta Return

I'll call Scott Maddox and ask him. OK, not really, but I do know the "real" ERMCO folks here in Indy.

Given that they were all filed at the same time, and for multiple facilities in each area/park, this is for a system-wide update of some kind. Perhaps fire alarm or security work. Perhaps preventive maintenance on certain systems.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'll call Scott Maddox and ask him. OK, not really, but I do know the "real" ERMCO folks here in Indy.

Given that they were all filed at the same time, and for multiple facilities in each area/park, this is for a system-wide update of some kind. Perhaps fire alarm or security work. Perhaps preventive maintenance on certain systems.

Seems odd that they would need to do something like that on the Mine Ride already since it's been open for less then a year.

Tom

Beta Return
Seems odd that they would need to do something like that on the Mine Ride already since it's been open for less then a year.

It's called preventative maintenance. Keeps it lasting longer and staying new preemptively before it needs to be fixed. This is what TDL does and what TDO has been infamous of not doing.

It really could be anything....and probably not something any of us would get excited over. It's obviously something preventive, or else they wouldn't be doing it at this many locations all at once (i.e. if they're fixing something, it's not likely something that failed at 15 locations at once).

Could be replacing network equipment, like switches/routers. Could be FP+ work. Maybe changing out all the smoke detector heads (they go bad) at all those locations.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It really could be anything....and probably not something any of us would get excited over. It's obviously something preventive, or else they wouldn't be doing it at this many locations all at once (i.e. if they're fixing something, it's not likely something that failed at 15 locations at once).

Could be replacing network equipment, like switches/routers. Could be FP+ work. Maybe changing out all the smoke detector heads (they go bad) at all those locations.

Everest is on the list, so maybe something needs to be fixed at all these rides to allow the Yeti to start working again. ;)

Ewizaboof

Dinosaur may be sound. The sound was cutting in and out really REALLY bad on the cars and in house this weekend.

.....It's the only ride I can comment on cause it's the only one I know by heart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom