Upcoming/Rumored Projects

jt04

I find it hard to believe that they will not add something of substance to DHS before 2018. Maybe only something of lesser value like TSPL, but that something needs to open there in the 2016-17 timeframe to expand offerings. Even very casual visitors can realize there isn't that much to do in that park -- especially if more attractions are on the cutting block soon (LMA, etc.).

I consider new construction to be an attraction so I am optimistic for 2016.

mahnamahna101

I agree the TSMM track is a stretch but I hope it is part of a long term solution to eliminate tiered FP's. Same with Soarin' expansion and Frozen. If you can start your trip by choosing all of the attractions you really want FP's for and not have to select rides like Nemo and GMR which should be standby that will actually be an improvement.
As long as there's the new Frozen ride, and RnRC, I think Epcot and DHS will have tiers. Both have ridiculously bad capacities.

Marlins1

As long as there's the new Frozen ride, and RnRC, I think Epcot and DHS will have tiers. Both have ridiculously bad capacities.
How about two from tier one and one from tier 2? I can live with picking SSE for my Tier 2 pass but not JIYI or Nemo especially since the start of the queue is the coolest part of Nemo IMO.

mahnamahna101

How about two from tier one and one from tier 2? I can live with picking SSE for one pass but not JIYI or Nemo especially since the start of the queue is the coolest part of Nemo IMO.
Once the new Soarin' theater opens and Frozen/M&G bump LwtL and possibly TT down to Tier 2, that could work for Epcot.

But DHS has so few attractions that TSMM and RnRC just wouldn't work. Capacity is too low for RnRC.

danheaton

I find it hard to believe that they will not add something of substance to DHS before 2018. Maybe only something of lesser value like TSPL, but that something needs to open there in the 2016-17 timeframe to expand offerings. Even very casual visitors can realize there isn't that much to do in that park -- especially if more attractions are on the cutting block soon (LMA, etc.).

I hope that you're right. I'm mainly going by the timing of recently built attractions by Disney, which tend to take longer than expected. I do believe they'll add the extra track to Toy Story Mania, so there's that I guess.

Otterhead

Not sure if anyone's posted this, but with the massive success of Inside Out this weekend, I thought I'd mention this bit of an interview with its director and producer...

What is your dream Inside Out Disney ride?

JR: I feel, my dream?

PD: We have a whole pitch already.

JR: We have a whole pitch. Can I go into it?

PD: Yeah.

JR: My pitch is that I think this could be a pavilion at Epcot. You’ve been to Epcot?

Yes.

JR: You’ve got The Sea. Nemo’s there. So in The Land there’s a section called Imagination that’s still there and it’s still cool. [The character] Figment and all that. I loved that as a kid. And I thought, well, ‘We have the mind now.’ And we’ve sort of put visuals to it. And the Train of Thought.

PD: Yeah.

JR: It just feels like on a show with dreams, it feels like it fits. And so we–

PD: I think it’s gotta be the Stream of Consciousness ride.

JR: Stream of Consciousness, that was an idea.

PD: And you travel down it.

JR: That was an idea we didn’t put in the film. But yeah.

PD: It’d be awesome.

andysol

I agree that 2018 is the earliest we'll likely see anything significant at DHS, and that may be optimistic. I expect Disney is hoping for something like this:

2016 - EPCOT - Frozen and Soarin' theater
2017 - Avatar (assuming they can get on schedule)
2018 - Toy Story/Pixar expansion at DHS

If they are going to put in TSPL- it would likely be in 2016 to go with the third TSMM track and be launched with it or around the same time. Keep in mind, TSPL is only a ~$80M project that takes about 3-4 months to build.
Either they are doing it in 2016 (or before)- or they likely won't do it at all.

I'm one of the few advocates of adding TSPL. The kiddie rides are desperately needed at DHS, and if a slinky dog spinner keeps an X-wing spinner out of Star Wars- I'd consider that a huge win. :)

danheaton

I have mixed feelings about the TSPL. I agree that they do need more rides for kids, and adding ride capacity to a park like DHS is rarely a bad thing. On the other hand, I feel like it's lazy thinking to put in off-the-shelf rides. Regardless, at least there would be some movement.

doctornick

I have mixed feelings about the TSPL. I agree that they do need more rides for kids, and adding ride capacity to a park like DHS is rarely a bad thing. On the other hand, I feel like it's lazy thinking to put in off-the-shelf rides. Regardless, at least there would be some movement.

To be fair, the alleged menu of rides for a DHS TSPL is:
1. Clone of RC Racer
2. Woody's Roundup, a re-themed version of Mater's from DCA
3. A Buzz themed version of the new Luigi's LPS ride coming to DCA

RC Racer is not really a kid's ride at all. It's got a ~47" height restriction so it's geared towards tweens/teens and adults. It's a mild thrill ride, not one for children.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree has a very low height restriction of 32". That's basically a "no hand held infants" level, so it's more or less all ages. I'd consider it more of a family ride than one directed to kids and can certainly be enjoyed by adults without children.

We don't know the exact details of the new Luigi's ride but it seems sort of like Aquatopia from TDS. Again, all ages, something that would be reasonable for adults to do.

None of these are anything like Slinky Dog Spin (or Bug's Land rides) that are aimed squarely for children. Certainly, these flat rides would skew younger in their appeal, but they would IMHO help to round out the park's offerings.

doctornick

If they are going to put in TSPL- it would likely be in 2016 to go with the third TSMM track and be launched with it or around the same time. Keep in mind, TSPL is only a ~$80M project that takes about 3-4 months to build.
Either they are doing it in 2016 (or before)- or they likely won't do it at all.

I keep thinking that as well. The entire point of doing TSPL would be to add a bunch of rides and new guest space quickly to replace lost capacity. It would make the most sense to open it up at the same time as the TSMM expansion and christen a "new" Pixar/Toy Story area. So, I'd expect/hope to see it in mid to late 2016 if it is indeed on the table.

Daveeeeed

I keep thinking that as well. The entire point of doing TSPL would be to add a bunch of rides and new guest space quickly to replace lost capacity. It would make the most sense to open it up at the same time as the TSMM expansion and christen a "new" Pixar/Toy Story area. So, I'd expect/hope to see it in mid to late 2016 if it is indeed on the table.
I do think RC Racer is actually a good "City Amusement park" type of attraction, but hey isn't Splash Moubtain technically too? Sure RcR isn't as complicated as SM, but it's still a fun ride that is worth a 35 minutes wait. The only way I mean the only way I would like seeing toy story play land coming to hws is: 2 major etickets come, RC Racer comes, we get 1 other signature attraction (maybe more like a dark ride that has the seven dwarfs mine train quality animatronics? To put a family ride in hws that any age will love.. While also managing it's wait time by Star Wars, Pixar etc. I just hope that tspl will not bring slinky dog spin, and green army men parachute drop over to Orlando. Dianey should make 1 or 2 more minor attractions like as people have stated an aquotopia would be nice, and from my creation a Pizza Planet Eticket would be epic. just think about it, because of Orlando's rainy weather the whole ride could be inside, but instead of being like dinasaur it would be like test track, so the thrills would be racing through traffic in high speeds at times, or going down random unexpected drops all with a ratatouille type 3D holograms etc. Overall speed would be much slower than Test Atrack, but the thrill is mainly tight curves at 30-40 mph speeds, and random unexpected drops even one maybe going over a bridge to land and continuing on a road. Idk I haven't worked out it all yet, but I think It's a cool idea. This idea was 100% original you can look it up and. It find anything as far as I know. (I did a lot of research) I guess it's sort of generic I mean it goes fast so let's just make it like test track! But honestly it would be more dark rideish with loads of sharp turns.

PorterRedkey

I don't believe TDO can build an entire themed land with 3 attraction in 3 to 4 months. How long did it take them to build the Tangled bathrooms? Was it really put up that fast in Paris and Hong Kong?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom