Upcoming/Rumored Projects

PorterRedkey

So, let me say, there's a ton s&%# of stuff going on at WDW now at 3 of the parks (sorry Epcot :( )
I'm excited, and while I think visits between now and 2020 are goint to be rough, I'm super excited for MK's 50th. I think by then we'll have a complete MK, A well done DAK that is a full day plus night, A relaunched DHS with a complete Star Wars and Toy Story land, and... an Epcot...

While it won't be perfect, the work being done over the next 5-6 years is staggering. Finally.

Hopefully, either JII or UoE will get their often delayed refurb during this time as well.

fgmnt

So, let me say, there's a ton s&%# of stuff going on at WDW now at 3 of the parks (sorry Epcot :( )
I'm excited, and while I think visits between now and 2020 are goint to be rough, I'm super excited for MK's 50th. I think by then we'll have a complete MK, A well done DAK that is a full day plus night, A relaunched DHS with a complete Star Wars and Toy Story land, and... an Epcot...

While it won't be perfect, the work being done over the next 5-6 years is staggering. Finally.
I'm just telling myself that by 2020 Epcot will have one new/replaced pavilion in Future World on the east side and the west side will see the JiI pavilion get refreshed versions of all 3 of its attractions... there's just no reason to announce that before 2017 or 2018.

Cesar R M

Wow, please no more Toy Story. I think there are a few more IP's to choose from, it you need to incorporate one. Personally I would like a IP free E-ticket addition, but those days seem long gone for the American parks.
Agree.
Toy Story is the equivalent of Frozen.. being put everywhere.
I mean.. common! theres more Pixar stuff than just CARS and TOY STORY!

ABQ

Sorry if this has already been confirmed to be something or just debunked in being anything other than a backstage motocross course. I know there's supposed to be a night safari coming in 2016 or so, but did not Rohde state at D23 that they were going to expand the safari in general. Did he mean expand in hours it runs or in length per expedition?
Could any of this work being done on the east side of the train route be for more habitats? I know it would mean the safari trucks somehow crossing the tracks, but that's not too complicated, I don't think.

Attachments

• east.jpg
    east.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 113

JWG

So, I was thinking that 1) MK got FLE recently, 2) A lot of HUB work right now finishing up, new parade, etc. 3) It's MK's 50th so given the DL precedent, I expect the flagship park to be in ship shape for its own BDay.

Also, while yes, Epcot is getting a 3rd Soarin' theater and Frozen in Norway - nothing excitingly new. Increase capacity on a lower throughput attraction (with a new film sure) and add via subtraction in Norway. Compared to ther parks, this didn't feel like "gain".

I too hope that there's unannounced plans to give Epcot some attention prior to 2021 once Avatar and Toy Story Land are done. My fear is the capital output already committed to may mean Epcot is up to snuff until it's own 50th (2032). It can't wait that long, I get it.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
So, I was thinking that 1) MK got FLE recently, 2) A lot of HUB work right now finishing up, new parade, etc. 3) It's MK's 50th so given the DL precedent, I expect the flagship park to be in ship shape for its own BDay.

Also, while yes, Epcot is getting a 3rd Soarin' theater and Frozen in Norway - nothing excitingly new. Increase capacity on a lower throughput attraction (with a new film sure) and add via subtraction in Norway. Compared to ther parks, this didn't feel like "gain".

I too hope that there's unannounced plans to give Epcot some attention prior to 2021 once Avatar and Toy Story Land are done. My fear is the capital output already committed to may mean Epcot is up to snuff until it's own 50th (2032). It can't wait that long, I get it.

They need to utilize the empty buildings they have and touch up everything else. Future World is a mess. I'd say refurb most things and redo Imagination and make a new 3D movie for the EO theater and you're off to a good start.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry if this has already been confirmed to be something or just debunked in being anything other than a backstage motocross course. I know there's supposed to be a night safari coming in 2016 or so, but did not Rohde state at D23 that they were going to expand the safari in general. Did he mean expand in hours it runs or in length per expedition?
Could any of this work being done on the east side of the train route be for more habitats? I know it would mean the safari trucks somehow crossing the tracks, but that's not too complicated, I don't think.

I don't believe this is for the Safari. In the area towards the middle of the picture they are building mockups of the Avatar rock work. The area to the upper left of it sort looks like a dumping or staging area. They are adding animals to the safari but they are going along the existing trail. So the safari will have more animals, and will run at night, but there is no indication it's size will be expanded.

dstrawn9889

I don't believe this is for the Safari. In the area towards the middle of the picture they are building mockups of the Avatar rock work. The area to the upper left of it sort looks like a dumping or staging area. They are adding animals to the safari but they are going along the existing trail. So the safari will have more animals, and will run at night, but there is no indication it's size will be expanded.
that, and you have a permit for that area for rockwork mockups ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom