Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Haymarket2008

When I went in August Figment was looking at the ground and barely moving. So sad. I think Imagination and Energy need the refurbs. Bring Dreamfinder back, make it spectacular, make it pure Disney like it was originally and its problem solved. Easy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I dunno. Universal is convinced about that idea, too.. And look where it's getting them.

I guess it depends on what you consider a thrill ride. The new rides Universal has added over the past couple years are Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, Transformers, Despicable Me, and Kang and Kodos spinner. I wouldn't consider 3 out of 6 of those thrill rides. I am not a big thrill ride fan, I don't go to Six Flags parks because there is very little I would ride, yet I rode/would ride all 6 of those rides.

lazyboy97o

I guess it depends on what you consider a thrill ride. The new rides Universal has added over the past couple years are Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, Transformers, Despicable Me, and Kang and Kodos spinner. I wouldn't consider 3 out of 6 of those thrill rides. I am not a big thrill ride fan, I don't go to Six Flags parks because there is very little I would ride, yet I rode/would ride all 6 of those rides.
Heck, on the right day all six of those could make me motion sick. Then again, four of the six would always make me sick if it were not for some "miracles from molecules."

NelsonRD

Not sure if anybody posted any reference to Universal Rides like this, but this is my opinion of the rides at universal. Mostly Spiderman/Transformer rides. Not really the best image, but you get the point....
air-dancer-o.gif

JordanNite

I dunno. Universal is convinced about that idea, too.. And look where it's getting them.

None of the recent new rides at Universal are thrill rides in the sense they are fast, extreme, etc

AND I'M HAPPY AT THAT - they're thrilling, exciting, cutting edge, just perfect - idon't do rollercoasters, etc

NelsonRD

None of the recent new rides at Universal are thrill rides in the sense they are fast, extreme, etc

AND I'M HAPPY AT THAT - they're thrilling, exciting, cutting edge, just perfect - idon't do rollercoasters, etc

You must enjoy video games too then. Because that is what all these attractions seem to me - glorified video game-like, targeting a low attention span, with video sensory overload.

I just don't see how getting thrown around from room to room in an incohesive manner is cutting edge perfect.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You must enjoy video games too then. Because that is what all these attractions seem to me - glorified video game-like, targeting a low attention span, with video sensory overload.

I just don't see how getting thrown around from room to room in an incohesive manner is cutting edge perfect.

Fortunately, Uni has only built one ride that does that, Transformers, and despite it's still a fun experience.

Mike S

Spiderman and Simpsons are also the same experience. Blurry video, loud noise, and an impossible to follow 'just in time' storyline.
Spider-Man: The Daily Bugle has sent you out to cover the breaking news story of the Sinister Syndicate stealing the Statue of Liberty and you run into Spider-Man who protects you from and stops them.

Simpsons: You've gone to Krustyland and are about to go on the newest ride but chaos ensues because Sideshow Bob has taken over the park in an attempt to kill the Simpsons.

What's so impossible to follow? I don't think it's the rides stories that are the problem........

NelsonRD

Spider-Man: The Daily Bugle has sent you out to cover the breaking news story of the Sinister Syndicate stealing the Statue of Liberty and you run into Spider-Man who protects you from and stops them.

Simpsons: You've gone to Krustyland and are about to go on the newest ride but chaos ensues because Sideshow Bob has taken over the park in an attempt to kill the Simpsons.

What's so impossible to follow? I don't think it's the rides stories that are the problem........

What is impossible to follow? You provided the overall synopsis. However, during the attraction, I cannot comprehend anything that is happening. Opposed to Splash Mountain where I can giggle following the story when br'er Bear falls in the trap set for br'er Rabbit.... I cannot point out one sequence of Transformers, Spiderman, or Simpsons, other than, hurry up!

While everybody on this board is complaining about Magic Bands required to enjoy the Disney of the future, I will argue that Universal has their own Magic Bands in the form of 3D glasses!

NelsonRD

The story is part of the problem. The rides at Universal are kind of like act 2 of the Nutcracker. Yeah, there is a lot going on, but I have no idea how it relates to the story.

Mike S

What is impossible to follow? You provided the overall synopsis. However, during the attraction, I cannot comprehend anything that is happening. Opposed to Splash Mountain where I can giggle following the story when br'er Bear falls in the trap set for br'er Rabbit.... I cannot point out one sequence of Transformers, Spiderman, or Simpsons, other than, hurry up!

While everybody on this board is complaining about Magic Bands required to enjoy the Disney of the future, I will argue that Universal has their own Magic Bands in the form of 3D glasses!
That seems more like a "you" problem than a "Universal" problem. I comprehend just fine and I'm sure many other people do too.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

And besides, the bands are so much magical, because Disney said so....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just wait until Universal catches on. You will be able to order your 3D glasses 60 days in advance!
Fortunately, I have the option of getting rid of the glasses. The bands at WDW these days, not so much. But, it's the brand that's magic....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom