Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

ltbeach

I usually just check the app before heading over. A quick glance at the wait times let me know if its going to be busy or not...

thomas998

Can someone delete this stupid post? I foolishly read the first post without bothering to look at the date and was thinking I was ripped off at the parking lots because it was more than $14 to park the last time I had to pay.... At some point every post needs to be sent off to the nebulous cyber heaven.... This post is a zombie that needs to be eliminated.

Bacon

Can someone delete this stupid post? I foolishly read the first post without bothering to look at the date and was thinking I was ripped off at the parking lots because it was more than $14 to park the last time I had to pay.... At some point every post needs to be sent off to the nebulous cyber heaven.... This post is a zombie that needs to be eliminated.
No! it shall never die...POST REPORTED..... Just Kidding.

Goofyernmost

Delete this post for the pricing being out of date?!? Never!
The original KATIEBUG101 post is literature at its finest.
Would one subscribe to the book-burning of all copies of Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol because a 'Prize Turkey' can no longer be purchased for a Shilling? I think not!!
Get your Dickens right... Prize Goose! And that is all that I would give for one at this point.

Again, not really upset at OP, but, just pointing out that someone wants something removed because they didn't bother to see when it was originally posted. So instead of them looking at the piece of information let's make them remove the thread so that they don't have to look for themselves. Funny thing is that I have neglected to look myself, more then once, but, if I were to see a discrepancy like that my first thought would have been to look at how old the thread was, not get upset because I got ripped off. When I first went to WDW it cost $1.00 to park... man, I have been getting ripped off ever since.

Cesar R M

This post is legendary and shall never die. A crown and perfect display of whats wrong with certain demographics of visitors.

BuddyThomas

Hey you guys, I finally found a picture of Katiebug and her little prince! You're welcome. ;)
Katiebug.jpg

Scrungo

Then he had the nerve to tell me that everyone is held to their high standard of policies, even Executive Vice Presidents! Really, well how does he know I'm not an Executive Vice President? He said he knew because an Executive Vice President would not cut off his sentences.
Winston is a straight savage. I hope they sent her to first aid after that burn.

FettFan

Holy crap guys, I did a Google search...and it looks like KatieBug wrote another whiny trip report on another website back in 2002.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/katiebugs-orlando-vacation-on-a-budget-part-iii.282978/

- Similar username.
- Has a child named Julie who was 1-and-a-half in 2002....and 12 in 2014 when she posted here.
- Has another child named "Katie" who was 3 in 2002....and 14 in 2014 when she posted here.
- Same writing style.

Highlights include: complaining that the Norway Pavilion was too far away from the park gates because their family is habitually late (she actually ADMITS that their breakfast reservation at Akershus was at 8:50, but they didn't get there until 9:30), the child crying because Living With the Land was too intense (the heck?!), proudly ignoring cast member instructions to park their strollers in the designated area (and calling the cast member 'rude' for putting it where it belonged while they were on the ride), and heaping praise upon Figment turning into a skunk and farting in your face ("Stinky and funny!")

Thursday, September 19, 2002 - Epcot

We had PS res for the Princess Breakfast at 8:50am. It is very difficult for our family to get anywhere on time. And Akershas in Norway is a hike from the front entrance. It took forever to park and walk and walk and walk...

We were very late. Didn't arrive at the restaurant until 9:30am. I was pretty sure that they were going to turn us away. DH was furious that Norway was so far and kept grumbling that it is stupid of Disney to have a character breakfast in such a hard-to- get-to location. He also didn't want to explain to his 3 year old why she wasn't going to see Snow White.

I spoke with the hostess. DH went to go have a cigarette. His temper was in high gear. I didn't want him talking to anybody b/c he would have probably gotten us kicked out of the park at this point.

Luckily, they said we would have to wait for 15 minutes and they would seat us then. Fine, I will wait an hour if I have too. As long as we get to see the pricesses!

DH calms down at this point. He is happy we can still go and eat. I took the girls over to the store next door and we made some masquerade masks which you take to each country & they add a little trinket to the mask. By the time we were done with our masks our pager was going off.

Katie wore her own crown to the breakfast. There were several little girls in pricess costumes but they looked very hot. They were selling the pointed crowns w/ a veil ($40) across the street & some of the little girl had those too. All the pricesses fawned over Katie's crown - & she didn't even ask for us to buy her the pointed one.

The food was very good. They give you a tray of muffins and donuts first - then they bring out a big platter of eggs, waffle sticks, sausage, bacon and hash browns. Dennis & I ate right away. Last year we went to Chef Mickey's & were so excited by all the characters that we forgot to eat and then we were too busy getting autographs & taking pictures and video. This time we ate right away before any of the pricesses came out.

We saw Snow White, Jasmine, Princess Aurora, Belle and Mary Poppins. I don't really understand why Mary Poppins was there? She is not a princess! We were kind of disappointed that they only came around once too. At all the other breakfasts the characters usually came by twice. The girls were very surprised and excited to see all the princesses. Snow White kissed them both on the cheek & left big, red lipstick prints!

We were done w/ breakfast around 11am and decided we would just stay at Epcot for the day. The world Showcase just opened so it was pretty deserted still. We took some pictures in Germany. We went to the American Adventure show which is inside and air conditioned. I had never seen it. It was OK. They skipped over a lot of history in my opinion. And the way it was described I thought it was kind of like a ride/show - but it is just a show. Both the girls fell asleep. We walked over to England and they had the "Beatles" playing and all the Pooh Bear characters were signing autographs & dancing.

Next we went to Morocco and saw Genie and Jasmine. Aladdin had the day off, which was too bad b/c that is Katie's favorite character.

Then we zoomed over to The Land & had food court lunch and sat by the fountain. Well, Dennis and sat by the fountain, but the girls kept trying to splash in the water. I had a salad and chili cheese baked potato, the girls had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips, Dennis had chicken parmisan. Everything cost $20. Pretty cheap for Disney food. We didn't want to spend too much for lunch b/c the Princess Breakfast was $60.

After lunch we rode the boat ride in the Land which is nice and relaxing. There are a couple of dark parts which made Julie cry. Katie was scared but OK as long as you held her. It takes you through different lands - desert, farm, jungle etc. Then you go through a secret biological Disney farm where they are breeding fish and some very big gourds which grow upside down from the ceiling - no kidding!

We saw the lion king environmental movie which was boring but short. We went outside and it was pouring. We ran over to the Journey into the imagination ride which had no line. The castmember scolded us about leaving our strollers in front, because you are supposed to leave them in a different area which is out in the rain! We ignored him and went on the ride. I love the new ride! And I love Figment! He is soooo cute! The girls also enjoyed this ride because it's very colorful and things pop out at you. Isn't it funny when Figment farts during the smell part? Funny and stinky.

We played with some interactive games outside and ran over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Ride which had a 5 min wait. I loved this show! Julie really enjoyed it and Katie was tramautized. She screamed when he snake tried to bite us. For the rest of the afternoon all we heard was "Mommy, Daddy big, bad snake bite!"

It was still raining. We ran to get our strollers and the castmember who scolded us must have moved them to the designated stroller parking area himself! How rude! Now they were all wet. DH and I wondered why they don't have covered stroller parking areas? After all it rains all the time in Florida right?

So we went up front towards innoventions and found cover. We bought the girls 2 Mickey Mouse balloon balls to play with and we sat on a bench and watched the rain. Julie was having a ball (literally) but Katie was still tramautized by the snake and now her dress was all wet too.

It was about 4:30pm. We had had enough. We skipped innoventions and the big ball b/c we had done it so many times. I guess we skipped the Living seas too. I am not a big fan of the Living Seas. It sucks compared to anything Sea World has (in my opinion).

So we went back to the hotel, ordered pizza and went swimming. It stopped raining about a half hour after we left.

It was a fun but short day. I kind of wish we went back to go see the fireworks b/c innoventions is so awesome! Also, I couldn't believe how many characters we ran into throughout the day. When we came in we saw Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. We couldn't stop though b/c we were late for the character breakfast. Later we saw Captain Hook and Peter Pan. When we were leaving we ran into chip & dale. I think we saw more characters at Epcot than we did at the Magic Kingdom!

Tomorrow is the Magic Kingdom!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom