Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

Cesar R M

Yea, I always find it funny how anyone that is positive about Disney is either a stock holder or an employee of Disney according to the gloom and doomers. I do sometimes wonder why it isn't thought that those that are so vehemently opposed to everything Disney does are not stock holders or employees of Universal. It is just as likely! Apparently it isn't possible that they might just like things. They always have to have some ulterior motive.
He confirmed it himself. So its not a thing about "how anyone positive..." plus never said that.
Besides, There is a huge difference in being "positive of Disney" and being a clear shill/madman levels of positive (where Disney never does wrong even if people die in property).

Or in sj04 case.. someone who claims to be an expert in Disney.. while hilariously.. hasn't even touched Universal or Disney parks in his whole life.

That one!

Also, I remember he said he is more with Universal now (thanks to the bad outlook of Disney parks lately?)

Goofyernmost

He confirmed it himself. So its not a thing about "how anyone positive..." plus never said that.
Besides, There is a huge difference in being "positive of Disney" and being a clear shill/madman levels of positive (where Disney never does wrong even if people die in property).

Or in sj04 case.. someone who claims to be an expert in Disney.. while hilariously.. hasn't even touched Universal or Disney parks in his whole life.

That one!
Also, I remember he said he is more with Universal now (thanks to the bad outlook of Disney parks lately?)
I wasn't talking about those two in particular, although, yes they are part of it, I am referring to the inclination propagated by some of the regulars here, that if anyone thinks something is good, then they are pixie dusters or some other derogatory name calling, because they don't spend their days looking for what it wrong. The actuality is that anything owned, operated or built by a human being will be flawed in varying degrees.

Maybe as most of you progress in the aging process and you reach the downside of that mountain you will see that focusing on what is wrong all the time is a waste of what little time we have on this planet. That doesn't mean that some of the things that happen aren't worthy of a snicker or two due to the negativity of them. Pricing so many people out in admission ticket costs being one of those. I can control, for example, whether or not I buy things from the shops, pay $5. for a Mickey Bar, rent a utterly stupid tent cabana or attend an up-charge event. I cannot, however, control what it cost to get into the park to begin with. That is out of my control. That is a frustrating thing, but, if anyone thinks I am going to be concerned if Frozen is in Norway or if the Haunted Mansion is visible, with effort, from the Tangled restroom or if Nemo should be in DAK instead of Epcot, they should have a cat-scan to see if there are any working brain cells floating around in their heads.

Cesar R M

I wasn't talking about those two in particular, although, yes they are part of it, I am referring to the inclination propagated by some of the regulars here, that if anyone thinks something is good, then they are pixie dusters or some other derogatory name calling, because they don't spend their days looking for what it wrong. The actuality is that anything owned, operated or built by a human being will be flawed in varying degrees.
You're confusing "wasting time" or talking about "flawed" products vs fighting disinformation spread by people who have a) monetary interests b) never been to the parks.

Maybe as most of you progress in the aging process and you reach the downside of that mountain you will see that focusing on what is wrong all the time is a waste of what little time we have on this planet. That doesn't mean that some of the things that happen aren't worthy of a snicker or two due to the negativity of them.
If aging did this to you, doesn't means other would age the same way and see everything a "waste". Your point of view and life views != worlds view.
If you cant attempt any change, then move aside. Let others who actually want change to actually attempt. The whole defeatism gets annoying in the long run.

Goofyernmost

You're confusing "wasting time" or talking about "flawed" products vs fighting disinformation spread by people who have a) monetary interests b) never been to the parks.
Come on, Cesar... confusing wasting time with talking about flawed products? Those two are exactly the same thing via this particular media. Besides a whole lot of the alleged good information is as flawed as the rest of it. Spending time on a board, getting all upset about how we individually perceive things should be, is nothing but a waste of time. But, it is what many of us do as a hobby. Sometimes we hit a good point, but, if ones mind is already made up or influenced by an unknown face or fixture on that discussion board, that alone is reason for perhaps a "come to Jesus" meeting to define reality vs. more fantasy. Who are we to think that we can judge for everyone else what is flawed and what isn't. You or someone else doesn't like something or feels that they know more then the people who make there living in it everyday come on here and point out things that in the scheme of life are probably the most unimportant things that exist and then get upset when someone disagrees. Getting to the point of insulting behavior, sorry, I don't always accept that as sound reaction. I have admitted to not being a computer expert, heck, I'm just a casual observer. What if I decided that I know more then you do about how you make your living. Would that make me right? Would you pay attention to what I "suggest". You know you wouldn't, yet, here we get into explicit discussion about what is absolutely the right or wrong thing to do with a Theme Park. Seriously, are we all that ambidextrous that we can know how to operate something that we have had no experience doing.

I don't know personally or even casually the people that you are talking about. Neither do you! You're taking your cue from someone else that you also don't know. That boils down to who is the loudest not who is the smartest.
If aging did this to you, doesn't means other would age the same way and see everything a "waste". Your point of view and life views != worlds view.
If you cant attempt any change, then move aside. Let others who actually want change to actually attempt. The whole defeatism gets annoying in the long run.
Your right, however, talk to me when you reach my age and see if you viewpoint doesn't change at all. There comes a time when you either sink into depression about how things have "gone to hell in a hand-basket" or you latch onto the good stuff and enjoy the ride. You'll see! However, what you said about point of view and life views apply to every age, the viewpoints just may change over time. I had a professor once that said, the definition of a conservative is a liberal that has been kicked to death by the realities of life. Why is it that you can't see that the attempt to change without the power to change it is just an exercise in futility. It's not defeatism, it is that some things are formed by reality, not pie in the sky wishes and hopes.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Your right, however, talk to me when you reach my age and see if you viewpoint doesn't change at all
Oh gods, I really hope I dont end as a total conformist on everything like yourself. Take my word.

On something completely different.. I still find it laugheable that despite that we are clear total opposites.. your insistence to keep trying to prove me wrong seems to be a "job" for you. (particularly after your conformist views).
If you dont like my opinions, just simply dont comment. Because you sure as hell arent going to convince me.

Matt_Black

Take my word.

Where do you want me to take it? HEY-O!

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Goofyernmost

Oh gods, I really hope I dont end as a total conformist on everything like yourself. Take my word.

On something completely different.. I still find it laugheable that despite that we are clear total opposites.. your insistence to keep trying to prove me wrong seems to be a "job" for you. (particularly after your conformist views).
If you dont like my opinions, just simply dont comment. Because you sure as hell arent going to convince me.
I don't expect you to understand what I am saying right now. That is why I said see if you feel the same way when you are my age. If you are talking about conformist do you think that in order to have a discussion I have to agree with everything you feel either. Isn't that kind of hypocritical of you to demand that from me, but, not for yourself. Listen I do not have anything against you, but, like you said, we are two completely different people and as such see things from a completely different perspective. Discussions will not always start or end with "I completely agree with you". The "if you don't like my opinions, just simply don't comment" I think is a two way street unless those rules do not apply to you and only to me. If on the other hand you want this to just be an essay type forum where you spell out a position and want or need that to be just flat out accepted as fact then you should say that in the post and we won't throw any opposing opinion in there. I don't find it "laughable" I find that to be the basis of discussion. It would be pretty boring if we all felt the same about everything.

Tony the Tigger

Maybe as most of you progress in the aging process and you reach the downside of that mountain you will see that focusing on what is wrong all the time is a waste of what little time we have on this planet. That doesn't mean that some of the things that happen aren't worthy of a snicker or two due to the negativity of them. Pricing so many people out in admission ticket costs being one of those. I can control, for example, whether or not I buy things from the shops, pay $5. for a Mickey Bar, rent a utterly stupid tent cabana or attend an up-charge event. I cannot, however, control what it cost to get into the park to begin with. That is out of my control. That is a frustrating thing, but, if anyone thinks I am going to be concerned if Frozen is in Norway or if the Haunted Mansion is visible, with effort, from the Tangled restroom or if Nemo should be in DAK instead of Epcot, they should have a cat-scan to see if there are any working brain cells floating around in their heads.

Come on, Cesar... confusing wasting time with talking about flawed products? Those two are exactly the same thing via this particular media. Besides a whole lot of the alleged good information is as flawed as the rest of it. Spending time on a board, getting all upset about how we individually perceive things should be, is nothing but a waste of time. But, it is what many of us do as a hobby. Sometimes we hit a good point, but, if ones mind is already made up or influenced by an unknown face or fixture on that discussion board, that alone is reason for perhaps a "come to Jesus" meeting to define reality vs. more fantasy. Who are we to think that we can judge for everyone else what is flawed and what isn't. You or someone else doesn't like something or feels that they know more then the people who make there living in it everyday come on here and point out things that in the scheme of life are probably the most unimportant things that exist and then get upset when someone disagrees. Getting to the point of insulting behavior, sorry, I don't always accept that as sound reaction. I have admitted to not being a computer expert, heck, I'm just a casual observer. What if I decided that I know more then you do about how you make your living. Would that make me right? Would you pay attention to what I "suggest". You know you wouldn't, yet, here we get into explicit discussion about what is absolutely the right or wrong thing to do with a Theme Park. Seriously, are we all that ambidextrous that we can know how to operate something that we have had no experience doing.

I don't know personally or even casually the people that you are talking about. Neither do you! You're taking your cue from someone else that you also don't know. That boils down to who is the loudest not who is the smartest.

Your right, however, talk to me when you reach my age and see if you viewpoint doesn't change at all. There comes a time when you either sink into depression about how things have "gone to hell in a hand-basket" or you latch onto the good stuff and enjoy the ride. You'll see! However, what you said about point of view and life views apply to every age, the viewpoints just may change over time. I had a professor once that said, the definition of a conservative is a liberal that has been kicked to death by the realities of life. Why is it that you can't see that the attempt to change without the power to change it is just an exercise in futility. It's not defeatism, it is that some things are formed by reality, not pie in the sky wishes and hopes.

I appreciate these two posts!

And I can't even see the responses to them because I have apparently blocked the other person.

... which tells me all the more you're probably right! LOL.

mimuma

kindness goes a long way when it comes to customer service and retail. i was always respectful to csr's in general but once i started working and became a part of it i had a newfound respect for them. we definitely go through and put up with people like this on a regular basis and it gets super exhausted, yet we still gotta maintain that fake telephone voice until we're able to punch out. edit: just wanna clarify i don't work at disney, but at a publix grocery store, where we have a stricter-than-average policy to be super nice and accommodating to customers.

last december we were going to spend a weekend at disney and even attend the christmas party (i bought the tickets as a surprise for my family, had reservations at be our guest too!). unfortunately my mother got very ill and needed emergency surgery. she has stints in the major arteries in her legs and they were failing her, as you can imagine she was definitely unable to go, let alone walk around our house for some time. my father called to cancel, not expecting anything. he explained them what had happened, as he for some reason felt it was unfathomable for them to think anyone would cancel, but the awesome guy on the other end was kind enough to call and tell their supervisor, and not only did we get our rooms refunded, but our christmas party tickets too.

disney still has wonderful customer service and kind and compassionate people working for them, you just gotta... be a decent human being and not be entitled to anything, or verbally spit in their faces when life happens.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom