TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

Slowjack

Nope... It would have looped back to the TTC next to a diverted World Drive.
Martin, can you clarify this for me? You're saying that this monorail line, which would have started at the TTC and passed through World Showcase when it would have been built next door, would have just have looped around and back to the TTC? What was its purpose, then?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, can you clarify this for me? You're saying that this monorail line, which would have started at the TTC and passed through World Showcase when it would have been built next door, would have just have looped around and back to the TTC? What was its purpose, then?
Yep.

Although the actual site plan had moved further south when it was actually properly designed. It was almost as far south as EPCOT Center was built.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I wonder if the color-scheme being used here and throughout Tommorowland (retro-futurism colors of 1950) is directly linked to the 2015 Tommorowland movie.

I like that "Hot Tin Roof" red-orange color, it plays well against the metallics and sky blues. In regards to color-theory it's a near perfect contrasting color. It's a very bold color choice. It sure beats the blandness of Yesterdayland circa 1999.

MissM

Now lets paint all around the Space Mountain.. it looked bad in May. Lots of black mold and dirty surfaces. And while they are at it, could we get cool color changing LED's on SM?
Ugh, Space Mountain has needed a serious pressure wash and paint job for YEARS now. It looks really bad up close.

As for the lights...They used to do color changing lights on it during MNSSHP but not sure if they still do. Here's a gif way back from MNSSHP 2005 I made from still shots of the colors:
mnsshp05-sm.gif

But that shows it obviously can and has been done in the past.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Ugh, Space Mountain has needed a serious pressure wash and paint job for YEARS now. It looks really bad up close.

As for the lights...They used to do color changing lights on it during MNSSHP but not sure if they still do. Here's a gif way back from MNSSHP 2005 I made from still shots of the colors:
mnsshp05-sm.gif

But that shows it obviously can and has been done in the past.

That looks *awesome*.

I really like the red and orange for this part of the park... it's a nice balance.

More trees, please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom