TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

ToTBellHop

The elevator cage used to be red before the 90's redo...

88880b00.jpg

(not my pic...)

-Rob
Can we get the WEDWAY sign back, too?

wdwgreek

The elevator cage used to be red before the 90's redo...

88880b00.jpg

(not my pic...)

-Rob

The similarities to the Apollo picture above are striking, but doesn't this picture point out everything that was wrong with old industrial tomorrowland. The reason for the shift to sci-fi as imagined by the past was to eliminated the ability of things to become dated. There is a fine line between retro and dated. If they keep the current structure and just paint it crimson, I think it should turn out ok.

rct247

Update: You can see more and more of the new paint each day. Today, if you stand near the Metrophone booth, you can see more of the hideous color scheme. The bad news is that it will get much worse. Also, the Peoplemover refurbishment has been extended. It will not be complete on time.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Update: You can see more and more of the new paint each day. Today, if you stand near the Metrophone booth, you can see more of the hideous color scheme. The bad news is that it will get much worse. Also, the Peoplemover refurbishment has been extended. It will not be complete on time.
Has a date been posted?

dstrawn9889

see, now you have gone and done it, how can you say any change is hideous, when you have not seen it complete. now if it was neon plaid overlaid with fuchsia paisley, that would be ...
Horse-in-frame.gif

but changing from chalky blue and teal to anti-rust red?

rct247

see, now you have gone and done it, how can you say any change is hideous, when you have not seen it complete. now if it was neon plaid overlaid with fuchsia paisley, that would be ...
Horse-in-frame.gif

but changing from chalky blue and teal to anti-rust red?

Let me know when you see it then. ;)

Last edited:

azox

Any photos to share?

rct247

The push back in dates was due to finding more of an issue with the structure that needed attending to. I've heard from my Tomorrowland sources that the building has a new fire alarm system. The ride may start cycling from time to time as soon as the end of next week, but don't expect it to open at the beginning of August. Again, the main purpose of this refurbishment for TTA was the structure it sits on. Astro is getting the full fledged refurbishment it needed that only comes once a decade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom