TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

Monorail_Red_77

Thought I'd pass this along...I found another picture over at another site that shows this early stage as model. You can even see little Peoplemover trains going between the buildings. This is same location Martin showed, just south of the TTC. I've always been unsure where the monorail is going, and obviously this model doesn't help. Clearly the monorail doesn't stop here--guests would have walked down from the TTC.

worldshowcase_ap1975disney.jpg

Based on what I saw posted earlier with the Lake Buena Vista area pics, it looks like the monorail passed through this area and connected to Lake Buena Vista Village area.

Monorail_Red_77

I like those scenes and think there should be more of them. How much cooler would the TTA be with more dark ride like scenes of a futuristic city?

I agree. I notice old windows that they just put up black vinyl to cover them. I'm sure they used to be used for the TTA show at some point in the past. Here's to hoping they bring back more visuals to the dark tunnel. ;)

Monorail_Red_77

Did you see footers there?

In an earlier post in this thread a few pics were shown of what Lake Buena Vista Village would have looked like. In the pic there was a monorail with a station and it indicated that it was for transit to WDW. So I assume that in this pic it would have just connected with the Village area since EPCOT Center was not built yet.

Marc Gil

To me Mike Brassell's Narration for the most recent version has a ORAC like voice..IMO..

Back when The Peoplemover opened in '09 after the refurb, I actually thought they replaced the 1994 audio with ORAC while I was hearing it in the distance.

Once I got on, of course, I finally realized it was newly recorded, but it sounded similar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In an earlier post in this thread a few pics were shown of what Lake Buena Vista Village would have looked like. In the pic there was a monorail with a station and it indicated that it was for transit to WDW. So I assume that in this pic it would have just connected with the Village area since EPCOT Center was not built yet.
It would have come off an Epcot spur. These plans were from 1976 when a non-city EPCOT was being planned.

Cmdr_Crimson

I dont get it, I mean I know its a reference to the previous narration but what does it have to do with anything.

My guess is that everyone has heard it so many times it's memorable..They even had a shirt a few years ago...
400005587474.jpg

But, it really is meant for a tribute to The host of the Flight To The Moon/Mission to Mars attraction where SGE stands..
upload+mission+to+mars+post+two+024.jpg

However DL Did have Tom as well For Innoventions. But, it was another Time Keeper AA And voiced by Nathan Lane..
IMG_4672Rr_filtered2.jpg

And then of Course there's Epcot's Innoventions Former host Tom Morrow 2.0..
8588234728_30b4183469_z.jpg

harveyt0206

MK is just a mess right now. Between this project and the hub, that's a lot of not so pretty stuff to look at. But, when all done it will be great. It would be nice to walk through MK without looking at construction walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom