TTA Refurbishment on schedule?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It isn't celery...looks like a rolled up map maybe?

Anyway, I like the scene but the thing that always bothered me is that round landing pad (?) in the middle where the sticky tape they used is always messed up...you can kind of see it in that pic...never gets fixed

wdwgreek

The vignettes that Peoplemover features all seem a little random. I guess they were trying to show scenes from a city's daily life. Maybe its a mechanic or engineer and sleeping commuter?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I like those scenes and think there should be more of them. How much cooler would the TTA be with more dark ride like scenes of a futuristic city?

Agreed, there were more show scenes I believe many years ago, on the left side near Buzz, there's some blacked out windows...but its also near the maintenance area for them, so I don't know for sure.

paging @marni1971

wdwgreek

I like those scenes and think there should be more of them. How much cooler would the TTA be with more dark ride like scenes of a futuristic city?
Oh it would be fantastic! The Epcot model could be a showroom, like those ones you go to for kitchens. Every building in tomorrowland technically has a name, wish they were labeled as we went by.

Rob562

Agreed, there were more show scenes I believe many years ago, on the left side near Buzz, there's some blacked out windows...but its also near the maintenance area for them, so I don't know for sure.

paging @marni1971

Those windows look into the space where the spinning light effect is before the Speedroom on Buzz.

Originally they looked into a scene in If You Had Wings that was located there. When the attraction was redone to Dreamflight and the "jet engine" lighting effect was the only thing there, they covered over those windows.

Edit:
According to this blueprint, it was the New Orleans scene that those windows looked down into:
http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/iyhw.htm#Part III

And the windows that look into Buzz now, plus the ones where the hairdresser scene are now, looked down into the Caribbean/Puerto Rico area.

-Rob

aladdin2007

Agree...those scenes were meant to reflect the sci fi space age neighborhood the aliens and robots etc lived in. just like how the timekeeper was the so called metropolis science center, people mover being the metroliner, and so on. But now its all a hodgepodge mess. It was a nicely tight knit cohesive storyline connecting everything, but they have since let it go and ruined all of that, either Imagineering has lost it or they just dont know what to do anymore. The current people mover narration being one of the worst choices they have made, whoever thought that was a good idea.....uggg. :banghead:

aladdin2007

mikeh

Here's the "under construction" sign for Astro Orbiter I took a few days ago. I would assume the red would be similar. I'll take good pics next time I'm in the park.

gwzKkI1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom