Tinker Bell meet and greet set to move to Town Square Theater later this Spring at the Magic Kingdom

Weather_Lady

Tink and Peter Pan can't be seen standing next to each other, for obvious reasons.

Then why is she allowed to stand next to full-size human guests (for obvious reasons)? ;)

She wouldn't have to stand next to Peter Pan: she could have her own separate backdrop surrounded by a magical mystery piece of masking tape that is said to shrink guests down to fairy size or something... it still makes more sense [to me] than a fairy in a mid-20th century town hall.

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

Then why is she allowed to stand next to full-size human guests (for obvious reasons)? ;)

She wouldn't have to stand next to Peter Pan: she could have her own separate backdrop surrounded by a magical mystery piece of masking tape that is said to shrink guests down to fairy size or something... it still makes more sense [to me] than a fairy in a mid-20th century town hall.
True, but in DL is well executed as guests are "shrunk down".

tirian

In both DL and WDW, Guests shrink to Tinker Bell's size.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Guests get "shrunk down" to Tink's size. It's much better executed in DL then it is here, of course.

tirian

Wait, I am confused, at the Adventureland M&G you wait in a caribbean themed empty hall and walk around the corner onto a set…at what point are you supposed to believe you are shrinking down?was it the magical masking tape line on the floor?
I believe it's the single leaf with sparkles. I've only been there once.

prberk

Two thoughts:

1. Tinker Bell's other "friends" are from direct-to-DVD crap that was not really the broadly-popular story that Peter Pan is. Most people do not know who these "fairies" are like they do Tinker Bell. She belongs with Peter Pan and Wendy, and maybe even Jake and his Neverland Pirates friends these days.

2. The Main Street, USA, Town Square theater should be housing The Walt Disney Story, as it was built for. Especially after "Saving Mr. Banks," it would be nice to put it back there. It belongs on Main Street, USA< more than at Hollywood Studios. Growing up, it was that attraction that forever endeared me to Walt Disney and Walt Disney World, as it helped me to understand his dreams and plans.

FerretAfros

Tink and Peter Pan can't be seen standing next to each other, for obvious reasons.
Then why did they put her right next to Captain Hook in the new parade? At DL, where they're incredibly about Tink's appearances, she's up high on a parade float to make her look a little smaller with forced perspective. In FOF, she's at the bottom of the float, with Peter and Wendy up high. It just doesn't matter

I've always wondered why they made such a big deal about Tink's appearance (beginning with Parade of Dreams in 2005). There are plenty of other characters of various sizes that appear side-by-side with no issues (Snow White and the Dwarfs; Carl, Russell, and Doug; Mickey and Pluto; Alice, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter, and White Rabbit; Buzz, Woody, and Lotso; Cinderella and her mice; etc.), so why has there always been such a big stink made about Tink and her friends? I just don't get it

Zummi Gummi

Then why did they put her right next to Captain Hook in the new parade? At DL, where they're incredibly about Tink's appearances, she's up high on a parade float to make her look a little smaller with forced perspective. In FOF, she's at the bottom of the float, with Peter and Wendy up high. It just doesn't matter

I've always wondered why they made such a big deal about Tink's appearance (beginning with Parade of Dreams in 2005). There are plenty of other characters of various sizes that appear side-by-side with no issues (Snow White and the Dwarfs; Carl, Russell, and Doug; Mickey and Pluto; Alice, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter, and White Rabbit; Buzz, Woody, and Lotso; Cinderella and her mice; etc.), so why has there always been such a big stink made about Tink and her friends? I just don't get it

To an extent, I agree with you.

However, she isn't "right next" to Captain Hook in FOF. She's sitting down (important) on the back of the float while he dangles on an anchor (standing up) in the middle of it.

I agree that for whatever reason they're more concerned about Tink's size than other characters, however.

BrightImagine

Wait, I am confused, at the Adventureland M&G you wait in a caribbean themed empty hall and walk around the corner onto a set…at what point are you supposed to believe you are shrinking down?was it the magical masking tape line on the floor?

I agree with you that the "shrinking" has fallen by the wayside in Adventureland. It was handled much better in Toontown... some CMs in the shrinking room would make a whole production of it. (I passed through that shrinking room many times...)

Hopefully the shrinking/growing will be done well in Town Square! But yeah, Peter and Tink being the same size, and talking together in English instead of bell, would be too weird.

tl77

I think has something to do with "small children" and "make believe"... the small children don't seem confused by it though

wdrive

To an extent, I agree with you.

However, she isn't "right next" to Captain Hook in FOF. She's sitting down (important) on the back of the float while he dangles on an anchor (standing up) in the middle of it.

I agree that for whatever reason they're more concerned about Tink's size than other characters, however.

So why does the White Rabbit meet with Alice sometimes? How can Mickey or Minnie ever meet with Goofy? How can Suzy and Perla appear at the same time as Cinderella? Pinocchio and Geppetto or Jiminy Cricket can't appear together either. Same with Mulan and Mushu and Timon and Rafiki. There is literally a ton a characters who do/have done/somewhere in the world meet together that should be different sizes yet aren't.

Zummi Gummi

So why does the White Rabbit meet with Alice sometimes? How can Mickey or Minnie ever meet with Goofy? How can Suzy and Perla appear at the same time as Cinderella? Pinocchio and Geppetto or Jiminy Cricket can't appear together either. Same with Mulan and Mushu and Timon and Rafiki. There is literally a ton a characters who do/have done/somewhere in the world meet together that should be different sizes yet aren't.

I'm not saying I disagree!

The thing is, whenever you start thinking about character integrity like that, all kinds of logistical problems emerge. Why does Ariel greet guests as a mermaid when she gets turned into a human? Why is the Beast greeting as a beast and not his princely self? Why do characters that are "deceased" walk the parks?

Last edited:

wdrive

I'm not saying I disagree!

The thing is, whenever you start thinking about character integrity like that, all kinds of logistical problems emerge. Why does Ariel greet guests as a mermaid when she gets turned into a human? Why is the Beast greeting as a beady and his princely self? Why do characters that are "deceased" walk the parks?

I know, yours was just the closest to the bottom to click reply to haha.

Anyway, Peter Pan and Tink have met together at Disneyland Paris and Tinkerbell has met with other non fairy characters at Tokyo Disneyland.

Kman101

It's been said on here that there are plans to use it again as a restaurant, most likely seasonally (of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom