Tinker Bell meet and greet set to move to Town Square Theater later this Spring at the Magic Kingdom

TP2000

I also wonder if the studio was paying for that as promotion for the movies. Without that money they just have Tink? Just guessing.

That's a possibility, but it doesn't explain why Disneyland's Pixie Hollow meet n' greet gardens continues to operate with Tink and a variety of her pixie friends, daily in Anaheim. I doubt the studio would cut funding only to WDW and leave Disneyland's in tact and operating.

asianway

That's a possibility, but it doesn't explain why Disneyland's Pixie Hollow meet n' greet gardens continues to operate with Tink and a variety of her pixie friends, daily in Anaheim. I doubt the studio would cut funding only to WDW and leave Disneyland's in tact and operating.

I posted the reason that this isn't a cut per se at Wdw. Dl has reduced the variety though. They didn't even have Periwinkle meeting this past winter.

Bocabear

Later this Spring could mean up to December...lol I am REALLY glad they are getting Tink and friends OUT of Adventureland... they never fit the theme, the M&G looked hastily put together...I am sure Tink will take her direct-to-video friends with her. Hopefully they will create an appropriate area for her that doesn't look like a hotel convention space.

novawildcat18

I'm surprised it's just Tink and not any of her friends, especially considering how much advertising I've seen lately for the new Pirate Fairy movie. On a related note, I'm surprised that the Pirate Fairies are not making their way into the parks at all.

Bocabear

They cleared out the old Fantasyland bathrooms for interactive queue enhancement for Peter Pan, and then the project stalled out.. seems like this would have been the better place to put Tinkerbelle... Have a meet & Greet that actually corresponds to the attraction they are featured in...instead of Main Street or Adventureland...just sayin'

tl77

I kept expecting something like this to show up at the entrance to Adventureland, in that long stretch were the swan boats used to loop around, that area is really dark and empty at night

and if my 2 little 3 year old nieces are any indication, I can't imagine the solo Tinker Bell M&G will last real long though. I the same little girls who want to see the Frozen Sisters also want to meet the fairies, and that's what's bringing the Frozen girls to the Princess Hall

Weather_Lady

They cleared out the old Fantasyland bathrooms for interactive queue enhancement for Peter Pan, and then the project stalled out.. seems like this would have been the better place to put Tinkerbelle... Have a meet & Greet that actually corresponds to the attraction they are featured in...instead of Main Street or Adventureland...just sayin'

Isn't Peter Pan still meeting at that location? Simply adding her to his M&G would make more sense than putting her on Main Street, from a thematic point of view...

jt04

Not for Tinker Bell. This is her new home - while Adventureland was "temporary" in preparation for a Fantasyland Pixie Hollow was shelved, this is it. Tink and Mickey, two corporate icons, side by side in the Town Square Theater, for good.

Time will tell. Hard to say with a new CEO pending.

Fox&Hound

I always thought Animal Kingdom would be an interesting spot for her. I know she is not an animal, but with the dragons on the signage it always felt like the park could be a bit mythical. If done right it could be like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids area with giant bugs and things to play on and you get to meet the fairies. Maybe take the Pixie Hollow concept and build it in AK. To me, that park has always felt the most "un-Disney" (if that's a word). I know everyone will jump on this post and hate it. "Cartoons don't belong everywhere." "It's about animals and not fairies". I know.....

NMBC1993

It could be me, but maybe the reason the other fairies are not coming along with Tink is not only for budget reason but also that the DVD sales have been lacking lately? Now that Disney has Frozen to market to young girls, why do we need a supporting cast of six to meet the guests when Tink by herself will do just fine. Speaking of which, I caught a preview for the new fairy movie today. Pirate Fairy? Really? I thought this was only going to be a four film series based on the four seasons?

Bocabear

Maybe next is "Princess Fairies", and then they could do "Maintenance Engineer Fairies" and then :"Financial Management and Fiscal Accounting Fairies"...they could string out these direct-to-video sequels for the next 20 years....

FerretAfros

I always thought Animal Kingdom would be an interesting spot for her. I know she is not an animal, but with the dragons on the signage it always felt like the park could be a bit mythical. If done right it could be like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids area with giant bugs and things to play on and you get to meet the fairies. Maybe take the Pixie Hollow concept and build it in AK. To me, that park has always felt the most "un-Disney" (if that's a word). I know everyone will jump on this post and hate it. "Cartoons don't belong everywhere." "It's about animals and not fairies". I know.....
As one of those people who hates M&Gs everywhere, I actually don't think that's a terrible idea. DAK definitely had some fantasy elements (Discovery Island and Pandora certainly) so it could work. Additionally, Tink is a very outdoorsy character, so it's always seemed odd to keep her locked inside a building. Perhaps this could give them the opportunity to make a space that really suits her, while adding a nice draw to the park that's always struggled to get 'headliner' characters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom