News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

donaldtoo

But it seems incredible to me that there is still no opening date. I'm losing hope of finding it open by the end of July. Mah.

I’m losing hope for my august trip too

Probably already been addressed, but we’ll be arriving at WDW for our next family (including 2 young granddaughters) trip on June 26th, and I have every confidence that it will be open.
With all the log testing they’ve already done, it seems to me that all that’s left to attend to is the details.
I just don’t see that taking almost 2-and-a-half months.
Then again…

donaldtoo

Cannot believe we're this close to the ride opening and people still won't let Splash go.

It's gone. It's not coming back. It's time to find peace in the reality.

I’m building my own…

337F23F9-61B0-44D4-BC89-E9931B0B66E1.jpeg

Casper Gutman

Ok, imagine if PotC was the thing debuting for the first time, and they showed us a preview of the Auctioneer AA because of course they want to showcase the most complex figure. He stands there and gestures and looks great.

Tiana and Louis are centerpiece AAs. There are going to be a lot of less complex figures on TBA, and hopefully we’ll see the variety of action and staging you’re looking for.
The auctioneer isn’t gesturing at us, he’s very specifically addressing other figures within the fiction. The auctioneer is an integral part of a large and incredibly well-designed scene full of gags and characterization.

LittleBuford

They're saying what we got includes art nouveau elements, which it does, and which you could at least explain away in-universe as being somewhat tied to the style of her tiara. That said, it neither fully pulls off art nouveau nor art deco.
Thank you for the clarification. I just went back and checked, and different people are saying different things, with at least two posters stating that Art Nouveau would have been the appropriate style for the period. The issue as I see it isn’t fidelity to one style or other, but the overall feel of the final product, which just isn’t right.

Disstevefan1

Cannot believe we're this close to the ride opening and people still won't let Splash go.

It's gone. It's not coming back. It's time to find peace in the reality.
Splash is gone but not forgotten.

And thankfully you can still experience it in Tokyo.

I really think OLC is holding out until TWDC pays OLC pays them an insane amount of money to erase Splash in the name of social justice.

A smart move by OLC I think.

Casper Gutman

On a very fundamental level - Tiana’s dream was to open a restaurant. It was a dream deeply inspired by her personal experience. When did she decide she wanted to be a corporate food wholesaler? That’s like making the jump from “Ariel wants to be part of the human world,” to “Ariel wants to run a multinational cutlery manufacturing firm.”

By the way, where are the Tiana brand slaughterhouses? Or is the co-op vegan only?

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
The more I think about it, the more the name feels Fantasyland-ish
IE Mr Toads Wild Ride, Snow White's Enchanted Wish/Scary Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight, etc
"Character"'s "Buzzword" "Buzzword (optional)"

LittleBuford

I really think OLC is holding out until TWDC pays OLC pays them an insane amount of money to erase Splash in the name of social justice.
This is just conspiracy-theory nonsense. The Oriental Land Company pays Disney, not the other way around. If they do decide to retheme their Splash in the future, it’ll be because Tiana’s Bayou Adventure proves a great hit (I’m not saying it will—time will tell).

Disstevefan1

On a very fundamental level - Tiana’s dream was to open a restaurant. It was a dream deeply inspired by her personal experience. When did she decide she wanted to be a corporate food wholesaler? That’s like making the jump from “Ariel wants to be part of the human world,” to “Ariel wants to run a multinational cutlery manufacturing firm.”

By the way, where are the Tiana brand slaughterhouses? Or is the co-op vegan only?
The goal was to erase Splash. Disney had to think of something. This co-op idea checks a lot of social checkboxes.

The good thing is, this is still a fun log flume ride.

LittleBuford

I think this is a little unfair. I see no disjuncture between wanting to be a successful restaurateur and then branching out to other sectors of the food industry. They could have gone that route without all the weird branding, convoluted backstory, or anachronistic verbiage, but the concept itself isn’t farfetched within the logic of the film.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

The more I think about it, the more the name feels Fantasyland-ish
IE Mr Toads Wild Ride, Snow White's Enchanted Wish/Scary Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight, etc
"Character"'s "Buzzword" "Buzzword (optional)"
When a character or IP is attached, it generally goes in the name somewhere, Fantasyland or not. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Tom Sawyer Island, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom