News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

donaldtoo

View attachment 779549

Opinions are subjective, especially when it comes to entertainment. I loved Splash, but I think Tiana's will be more to my tastes due to the source material, far more advanced Audio-Animatronics, and my personal preferences. But I understand that others may have different opinions, which is okay. Everyone's perspective is unique and that's what makes entertainment enjoyable.
TLDR: Don't say that one opinion is correct because by definition opinions can't be correct.

Pretty sure he was just bein’ silly.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I just want to know if there will be Ziploc bags??
TianaZiplock.jpg

James Alucobond

So do you think there's a chance this turns out better than if they had used the movie's story? Or is at best equal? Can this really exceed what could have been with the movie's story?
I just can’t agree that a thing I’ve never seen is necessarily better or worse than another thing I’ve never seen. I haven’t experienced this attraction yet, and I have no idea what exactly they’d have built if they tried to follow the original story (assuming the space available when reusing Splash’s infrastructure would have even been conducive to it).

In the Parks
No
I just can’t agree that a thing I’ve never seen is necessarily better or worse than another thing I’ve never seen. I haven’t experienced this attraction yet, and I have no idea what exactly they’d have built if they tried to follow the original story (assuming the space available when reusing Splash’s infrastructure would have even been conducive to it).
That's fair. It was hard to get over the initial loss of the previous attraction, but when the new thing just seems so (for lack of a better word) dumb, it's just all the more frustrating.

James Alucobond

That's fair. It was hard to get over the initial loss of the previous attraction, but when the new thing just seems so (for lack of a better word) dumb, it's just all the more frustrating.
I do think some of it is contrived, but on the other hand, I appreciate what at least seems to be an attempt to make the attraction fit a bit better into Frontierland than a book report would. The latter would be an even more transparent Fantasyland transplant, whereas this at least has the feel of striking out to work the land, open your own business, explore the wilderness, and encounter some critters along the way. Maybe not super successfully or elegantly (as remains to be seen), but I’m actually pretty okay with it not just being PatF: Abridged.

Sectorkeeper71

I actually agree on this one. The barn looks bad.
My hope/thought is optimism for the ride experience itself, but there’s definitely some strange design work going on with some of the signage and queue art. Feels like they could’ve more or less kept a lot of the feel of the barn from splash with maybe a little set dressing and called it a day. But then folks would call it a “lazy re-theme”, so idk 🤷

Mr. Sullivan

So do you think there's a chance this turns out better than if they had used the movie's story? Or is at best equal? Can this really exceed what could have been with the movie's story?
I think there's every chance in the world it turns out as good as or better than if they did a book report style ride. The fact of the matter is we know next to nothing about the story or what's inside that mountain. People are running wild with speculation based on nothing but simple backstory that will likely not factor in a whole lot to the attraction itself, just like all the other attractions around the world with large and detailed backstories don't really factor in that much to the ride experience.

And I don't meant the following as being directed toward you, I want to be clear, this is just a general statement.

The hair splitting over things like would or wouldn't Tiana venture into food wholesaling, fonts on a sign, and all of this other nonsense stems from nothing but a large swath of people who just refuse to believe that this do-over is not some personal attack on them and their childhood. Splash Mountain was iconic and had it's time, but we all saw as time went on that the attraction was no longer running at it's best, not to mention there was very little engagement with it from an audience perspective beyond "oh fun flume ride."

Whether Disney park die hards want to admit it or not, the vast majority of guests that come to Disney parks want to come and engage with their favorite Disney characters in some form or fashion. Princess and the Frog is a popular film and Tiana is a popular character that just so happens to mean a hell of a lot to a swath of young girls who don't very often get to see somebody like them be treated like a Disney princess.

At the end of the day, it's a ride. It's not that deep. Especially not when it's the exact same ride it has been since day one, just with different characters that the vast majority of people actually care about within it.

It's okay to have liked Splash and to miss it. I'll miss it too. But a huge group of individuals really need to look deeply within and ask why exactly they're taking this so seriously and why there is a need for an online crusade against a re-theme of a 35 year old log flume.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

The hair splitting over things like would or wouldn't Tiana venture into food wholesaling, fonts on a sign, and all of this other nonsense stems from nothing but a large swath of people who just refuse to believe that this do-over is not some personal attack on them and their childhood. Splash Mountain was iconic and had it's time, but we all saw as time went on that the attraction was no longer running at it's best, not to mention there was very little engagement with it from an audience perspective beyond "oh fun flume ride."
I'm generally not a hairsplitter with this ride, but the exterior of the barn is legitimately just puzzling at the moment. It's the one piece that I really can't make much sense of other than to suppose that they really wanted a New Orleans local to do some art and couldn't be bothered to find someone who does period-appropriate work. I am really hoping there are some finishing details that help subdue it, though. I keep thinking there's going to be some bunting or decor at the top to cover the few blank slats of siding and some props at the bottom to block out the same issue below, but even that will only mitigate things slightly. A much lighter hand would've gone a long way here.

Mr. Sullivan

I'm generally not a hairsplitter with this ride, but the exterior of the barn is legitimately just puzzling at the moment. It's the one piece that I really can't make much sense of other than to suppose that they really wanted a New Orleans local to do some art and couldn't be bothered to find someone who does period-appropriate work. I am really hoping there are some finishing details that help subdue it, though. I keep thinking there's going to be some bunting or decor at the top to cover the few blank slats of siding and some props at the bottom to block out the same issue below, but even that will only mitigate things slightly. A much lighter hand would've gone a long way here.
I don't think the barn is like stellar or anything, I'm not gonna come in here and say its a masterpiece of Imagineering. And i do think there are most definitely some genuine things to be critical of. I just am frustrated by those who're using the barn as some grand gesture of proof that this is going to be a disaster and that Imagineering has failed when it's in reality just a mid looking barn for a queue that people will spend all of 5 minutes looking at in the park.

LittleBuford

The hair splitting over things like would or wouldn't Tiana venture into food wholesaling, fonts on a sign, and all of this other nonsense stems from nothing but a large swath of people who just refuse to believe that this do-over is not some personal attack on them and their childhood.
It's neither accurate nor fair to lump all criticisms together in this way.

Mr. Sullivan

It's neither accurate nor fair to lump all criticisms together in this way.
In a follow up post I clarified I wasn’t and that that critique is aimed at a certain kind of person. As I said there, there are fair criticisms to be had.

The issue is many people are not making fair criticisms, or they are using fair criticisms as justification for the poor behavior they’ve been displaying since before we had anything to criticize since now there’s something physical to hide behind.

Not everyone is behaving that way. Those that are, are rather obvious and transparent about it, and they know who they are just as much as everyone else does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom