The Yankee Trader closing for refurbishment - is a dedicated Haunted Mansion gift shop coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omurice

The aprons, coffee mugs and other kitchen items - what is not already in Emporium on Main St, they do have a kitchen section at MouseGears in EPCOT, and WorldofDisney at DTD. There was not much "Early American" themed items left here (I think teapots?) but what there was perhaps they can put into former Heritage House, or Xmas store across from Hall of Presidents, or Emporium.
Now the Smuckers jelly behind the counter is very easy... Publix or AmazonPantry ;)

I had believed when they closed Heritage House months ago, that was the setup for a move of Yankee Trader there, but they rushed a MM+ service spot there instead. Not sure what long term plans for that space are currently, retail or MM+. But it's possible YT could simply migrate to there.
A dedicated HM gift shop has been rumored for decades (you'll probably find discussion of that on rec.arts.* newsgroups in the 1990s), so I'm a tad skeptical this is all happening.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney Parks Blog had announced all these items are coming this Fall. Could these be for the rumored HM shop?

hmmmmm8390021-613x613.jpg

Apparel which will include both long and short-sleeved options for women, men and children. Some of the shirts will also include a glow-in-the-dark element.

hmmmmm5378931-613x616.jpg

For accessories, Guests will soon find several new jewelry items including awesome bat stanchion earrings. I particularly like the women’s shoes that use the infamous purple wallpaper pattern from the attraction. That wallpaper pattern will also be used on three new Dooney & Bourke items. You may recall the first Dooney & Bourke handbag we released last fall? That original handbag will return with the three new items this fall. All the new items will have a purple colored liner not red like the first incarnation.

hmmmmm739005THUMB.jpg

The home décor team will add to their assortment of amazing things first shared in February 2013. The original nine items were incredibly detailed and these new items follow in that tradition. This fall, Guests will find new drinkware, dinnerware (plates, bowls, wine glasses), figurines, bookends, cloth napkins, tablemats, and much more.

Mike S

Hope I can find something I like. This is one of my favorite rides :) Some of those shirts do look cool. Also the hat ;)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

About time HM got something more than a small insignificant kiosk on the side that had very little to purchase. Like that hat with the hitchhiking ghosts!!! Thats going to be my first thing to pick up.

landauh

This is a continuation of merchandise line that was started last year. The original items were a mirror, candlesticks, glasses and small coffin shaped box. They could be found in all four parks and DTD. The items were still available in February and maybe even now.

tigger1968

Nice to see someone figuring out that attraction specific merch needs some thought and design work put into it.

Side note....would love to see this sort of effort put back into the various resorts as well. They could be selling resort specific merch by the ton I think. Pleeeeeze someone tell me that this is happening or has happened. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom