The Yankee Trader closing for refurbishment - is a dedicated Haunted Mansion gift shop coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prfctlyximprct

no...no...no...The episode where a whole bunch of them - including Porky, Buckwheet, and Alfalfa get caught in a haunted house. Complete with the organ playing skeleton, the devil judge in the courtroom, and the buzz saw coming at their necks...i just LOVE that one.
I love the jelly bean episode!! I need to watch these all right now lol

FigmentJedi

Probably brand new concept.
Well the initial announcement of it being an anniversary thing made me wonder if it was something they were sitting on. Unless if the announcement itself is the anniversary gift, which in that case, is several weeks early.

I dunno, I'm just happy that they're doing more animated park stuff. The Small World webshow was cute, but I could really go for something for a broader demographic with a more exciting ride.

And speaking of animated park stuff, James Lopez posted more WIP stuff from his personal America Sings project back on the Fourth.

Tom

Beta Return
Yeah, I think it was repainted right around the time that the Tangled restrooms opened.

Yes, and I believe they added some faux windows or at least some trim to the west face of the building, since the new HM path exposed that face.

MissM

As of Saturday evening, it was still open as normal. Quickie shot I snagged while walking by:

mk-yankeetrader-july14.jpg

Bocabear

Between WDW and Tokyo that has the same house design, it is baffling to me that merchandising has not come out with a complete line of Haunted Mansion souvenirs...from high end art to low end T shirts... People would eat that stuff up, but instead we get twirling princess flashlights and similar disposable items. People have been complaining about the level of quality and lack of attraction/park specific merchandise for years... for for some reason WDC has no interest in changing things... It is odd.

MissM

the other doorway has the HM merch against the wall facing the mansion this is from the underpass side to NFL
That stuff has been there since probably at least last year though. It really hasn't changed much except earlier this year or so, they put in the actual Haunted Mansion series of items (throw, candlestick, jewelry box, etc.) which previously were only available at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. (For no discernable reason.) The other side which I snapped in the pic as I was walking by is still the same candy/housewares stuff. And, of course, the place did not close as originally reported on July 7th.

danpam1024

maybe this will be the first of many stores to sell original merchandise specific to a ride/theme! You know, how it used to be :) Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath!

Bocabear

They really need to redesign that store the way Universal has done with the Harry Potter shops...beautifully themed, interactive elements and attraction specific merchandise... it could be a real "go to" location within the park instead of yet another crap gift shop...

ToTBellHop

They really need to redesign that store the way Universal has done with the Harry Potter shops...beautifully themed, interactive elements and attraction specific merchandise... it could be a real "go to" location within the park instead of yet another crap gift shop...
I've been surprised at how long it's taken to do this. Haunted Mansion is a perfect option to have a great gift shop that would make a killing. I know I would buy the store out. I sometimes feel like I have more money to give Disney but simply can't find anything I want. I hope they do this right. The amount of time it's closing seems appropriate.

Bocabear

I agree... Back when Disney Store was new and they had the Disney Gallery stores I spent a lot of money on art and interesting things.....then The Disney Stores downgraded all their merchandise and it became about plush and T-shirts... Same thing happened with the park merchandise. I rarely can find anything I want to buy when I am at the parks...
D23 and Hogsmeade should have taught them that there is a fan base out there that will pay top dollar for quality goods, but why they continue to fill every shop with the same pedestrian crap that's available in every other store is beyond me... This would be a great test to that theory... Do one beautifully details shop offering attraction-specific merchandise and quality collectibles that can't be found anywhere else in the park...
I think they would have a sure-fire hit.

raven

Like the idea of an exclusive Haunted Mansion gift shop, but Yankee Trader is a bit too far away.

Ideally, they would have used the space now occupied by Rapunzel's Enchanted Outhouses....expanded pet cemetery towards the east and built a "Servant's Quarters" that would have been built to match the HM and housed restrooms and a gift shop.

I've always thought they could easily enclose and expand the outdoor vault area as you exit the ride. This would make it immediately seen to every guest.

Sold ONLY at the specific locations would be fine, trouble is, it won't be. Same villainous and HM stuff will be available at Mouse Gear or the Emporium and so forth.

I love the idea of an exclusively HM gift shop...actually I wish every attraction had attraction-specific merchandise only sold at that location and World Of Disney... not every single other store on property... It would make shopping fun again...

It will probably be mostly Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise...

Personally I think this is such bad show. You can go to World of Disney and get everything you want without having to visit the actual attractions. I understand they are just trying to make more money (which seems to be their only goal in the past years) but you loose a connection to that attraction. ToT shop sells HM and NBC merchandise, as does the Villian Shop at Studios and several other places around property. And they have more NBC merchandise than ToT and HM merchandise put together yet there still isn't an NBC attraction (highly needed).

Between WDW and Tokyo that has the same house design, it is baffling to me that merchandising has not come out with a complete line of Haunted Mansion souvenirs...from high end art to low end T shirts... People would eat that stuff up, but instead we get twirling princess flashlights and similar disposable items. People have been complaining about the level of quality and lack of attraction/park specific merchandise for years... for for some reason WDC has no interest in changing things... It is odd.

Cheaper products sold at high prices is their aim. Flashy and eye catching but only lasts 'til you get home.

This saddens me. This is a gift shop that I enjoy going in, though I'd totally be willing to give it up to have a Haunted Mansion gift shop. Unfortunately, based on the new timeline, I won't have either show cause it'll be under construction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom