The Yankee Trader closing for refurbishment - is a dedicated Haunted Mansion gift shop coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatboxGhost

WOW!!!!! Looks like my constant whining and complaining to Disney has finally paid off. That's the good news.:D
The bad news is my wallet will be empty. :arghh:

Bocabear

While we are talking about it... What is up with the old canoe and keel boat dock buildings? Seems like they could be used for something...They are odd sort of relics left behind... I am surprised they never enclosed and remodeled them to creat an actual shop that is closer and related to the Mansion...

BobSR.

This would explain what my husbands friend saw at work.... I am excited to finally see some new stuff.

WOW, finally!! This cool stuff was finally enough to get me to join and not lurk the forums anymore! Does your friend know where I can find these?
haunted-mansion-jpg.56112

MarkTwain

Like the idea but Yankee Trader has had a dedicated HM merchandise section since a trip a took last Sept/Oct 2013. When I went back a week ago, all of the same stuff was still there. Then I checked online at Disney Store and much of it was marked down on sale.

So either people aren't liking what's being produced or don't know it's there or the price point isn't right?

Side note- changing Yankee Trader from classic New England white to weird off putting blue was a bad design choice. It needs a new paint job putting it back into the style of the area.

I was thinking about the color change earlier too, and I wonder if it was foreshadowing of what's coming. The white was a good fit for a kitchen store, but you can't deny the dark blue might be a better tonal fit for a Haunted Mansion-themed store. They might have known that change was coming when they repainted it.

RSoxNo1

I really struggle see how well Yankee Trader would work for an on-ride photo. It's not exactly an "exit through the gift shop" sort of place; you'd have to exit, wander down a path, not turn off to the huge path to the snazzy new restrooms, and then wander into a fairly small shop that's a little further down and out of the way of all major traffic flow

It would work fine for an attraction-based shop, but at ~170' away from where guests exit the HM building (with a major walkway in between), I think it's a lost cause to try and get them all in there to view their photos
Remember, in many cases the photo will be automatically synced to your My Disney Experience account making the in park purchasing less important.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The photo will be taken as the Hatbox Ghost lunges at you. When you go to pickup the magic memories photo at the new "HM Haberdashery" your keepsake photo will be of ol' Hatty holding YOUR head in his hatbox.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Bump. So is this getting an official HM retheme or is that purely wishful thinking? I ask because I see a question mark at the end of this topic thread. What's the latest?

steamboatjosh

This is gonna be such a tease. I will be there from the 12th-20th. Why can't it just open a week and a half earlier?! :(

wdwfan22

Bump. So is this getting an official HM retheme or is that purely wishful thinking? I ask because I see a question mark at the end of this topic thread. What's the latest?

As of today the Yankee Trader is still open and only featuring one wall with Haunted Mansion merchandise.

Pixie VaVoom

OMG this was my favorite episode!! Spanky throwing the money out of the window :)

no...no...no...The episode where a whole bunch of them - including Porky, Buckwheet, and Alfalfa get caught in a haunted house. Complete with the organ playing skeleton, the devil judge in the courtroom, and the buzz saw coming at their necks...i just LOVE that one.

Pixie VaVoom

I have all the our gang episodes on VHS.. Man I really wanna watch them again! I wonder if they sell a DVD collection?

Well, if they do, then please don't keep it a secret. I love them, too. Oh yeah and also the one episode where - someone it trying to swindle Granny's shop out from under her, and a different realtor is calling to make a legitimate offer. Granny leaves "baby Spanky" in charge of both the phone and doling out the jelly bean jar. The realtor keeps calling and lil Spanky answers the phone "tain't enough- call later". and ultimately gets Granny a great deal on her little storeftront property. - Ya gotta love it !!

Pixie VaVoom

There's no place for you and your logic here, @FettFan ! Knock it off with that ;)

Really though, I like your idea a lot. Haunted toilets!

I'm google mapping out where HM and YT are and what can be done in between, theming wise. Will report back after lunch.
:hungry:

NO HAUNTED TOILETS !! it reminds me too much of "Moaning Myrtle" - down the road !!!! I will be constipated for a month. (sorry - TMI - I know)

jt04

Permit filed today for Yankee Trader with an expiration date of 3/28/2015, much later then the re-opening date mentioned in the original article.

New television stuff based on the IP announced today. So I would guess it will get plussed if anything.

ABQ

Permit filed today for Yankee Trader with an expiration date of 3/28/2015, much later then the re-opening date mentioned in the original article.
Probably means they'll reopen for business with a scrim up till late March. I hope I'm wrong. Boo to yet another scrim, as wasn't there one just there?

FigmentJedi

New television stuff based on the IP announced today. So I would guess it will get plussed if anything.
I just wish they gave more information on it like an actual release timeframe. It doesn't look like Comic Con will shed any further light on it: Disney Television Animation stuff is just limited to individual show panels this year.

jt04

I just wish they gave more information on it like an actual release timeframe. It doesn't look like Comic Con will shed any further light on it: Disney Television Animation stuff is just limited to individual show panels this year.

Probably brand new concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom