'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

fmingo36

I saw on the RUN DISNEY facebook page that Hades and The Evil Queen "Old Hag" were at the race this year. Two on MUST See list. So bummed they didn't have them out last year!!! Also saw Jack Skellington and Sally out. They only had them for limited M&G at DTD Disney last year.

dreamfinder

The Old Hag was on the on/off ramp at like .75 mile in. A great way to start off the race. This also meant we ran by her again later on in the race. This was book marked by Pain/Panic switching off with Hades at like mile 9.9. Was like do I stop? Or keep pushing. Pushed through, with no real regrets. I recall the Old Hag; Jafar; AK Parade/FOTLK Performers (Couldn't tell in the dark which); Jack & Sally; Red Queen; Shadowman (Dr. Facilier); Nautilus float thing; Hook & Smee; Shanzai, Banzai & Ed; Stitch; HM Gravediggers; Zombie Football Players; Big Bad Wolf; Boo To You Ghost Dancers; Mike, Sulley and Lotso; Pain/Panic & Hades; Bellhop Goofy at the finish. Post race party was Darth Vader, Tremaines/Evil Queen, Gaston, Frollo/Shan Yu. Race pictures are showing up on MarathonFoto already.

Overall not a bad race. Great mix of rarer characters both during the race and the party. Weather was a bit warm, hope everyone was properly hyrdated. Left my watch in the bag my DW took back to the hotel room, so I ran it by feel. Which actually worked out pretty gosh darn good. Ended up with negative splits, and my final pace was spot on what I should have done for my training run for Jan. (Just needed to add a few more miles to the end of it)

I was a bit disappointed to see someone with a bib from corral I wearing a medal coming out of bag check about 10 minutes after I did (Corral A). I highly doubt that she was running 8:30's, which would look to me like they gave finishers medal to bussed runners. Anyone else see this?

fmingo36

The Old Hag was on the on/off ramp at like .75 mile in. A great way to start off the race. This also meant we ran by her again later on in the race. This was book marked by Pain/Panic switching off with Hades at like mile 9.9. Was like do I stop? Or keep pushing. Pushed through, with no real regrets. I recall the Old Hag; Jafar; AK Parade/FOTLK Performers (Couldn't tell in the dark which); Jack & Sally; Red Queen; Shadowman (Dr. Facilier); Nautilus float thing; Hook & Smee; Shanzai, Banzai & Ed; Stitch; HM Gravediggers; Zombie Football Players; Big Bad Wolf; Boo To You Ghost Dancers; Mike, Sulley and Lotso; Pain/Panic & Hades; Bellhop Goofy at the finish. Post race party was Darth Vader, Tremaines/Evil Queen, Gaston, Frollo/Shan Yu. Race pictures are showing up on MarathonFoto already.

Overall not a bad race. Great mix of rarer characters both during the race and the party. Weather was a bit warm, hope everyone was properly hyrdated. Left my watch in the bag my DW took back to the hotel room, so I ran it by feel. Which actually worked out pretty gosh darn good. Ended up with negative splits, and my final pace was spot on what I should have done for my training run for Jan. (Just needed to add a few more miles to the end of it)

I was a bit disappointed to see someone with a bib from corral I wearing a medal coming out of bag check about 10 minutes after I did (Corral A). I highly doubt that she was running 8:30's, which would look to me like they gave finishers medal to bussed runners. Anyone else see this?

Dang!!! Sounds like some amazing characters were out this year. Definitely more out than last year!

Ariel484

Oh man...I may need to do this next year. The Old Hag, hyenas, Big Bad Wolf, Lotso, Bellhop Goofy (!!), Darth Vader, Shan Yu?! Awesome! Thanks for the list @dreamfinder !!

Mad Stitch

Has anyone seen a picture of the Nautilus float? I'd like to see that. Except for the one at Castaway Cay, I thought the rest were destroyed.

amy1985

Hello, does anyone know when registration typically opens? 2014 will be my first time running and I'm just dying for registration to open!

DanStat

Hello, does anyone know when registration typically opens? 2014 will be my first time running and I'm just dying for registration to open!

Hi there! Registration opens Feb. 11! I was at the Expo this past week and that's the date they had listed.

Lulu76

I haven't back here to read the comments since the race. I had a fiasco at the starting line and ended up not getting to participate (long, painful story, so I'll spare you) and I am really sad that I didn't get to do it. Unfortunately it is not in the cards for next year, but maybe I'll get back to do a race. But honestly, at this point, when I think about running at Disney it still upsets me.

Really I just came on here to say that the registration would be the 2nd week in February, but then I saw everyone else's comments about last year and just wanted to whine a little because I ended up not getting to do it. :(

Banzai

Really I just came on here to say that the registration would be the 2nd week in February, but then I saw everyone else's comments about last year and just wanted to whine a little because I ended up not getting to do it. :(
I'm sure sorry to hear that, Lulu but you gotta come back and join us. Disney is too cool to pass up running the parks

Banzai

My projected work schedule won't allow me to do this year but I would love to be out running with the villains. Looking forward to 2016.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom