'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

Shawnak2

Well, to keep you busy for the time being, you can add this training program to your calendar. I believe the training cycle starts at the end of May, start of June.
Oh I know. I love how with a click how it populates my calander,just need them to release 2013 plan. Starting old disneyworld marathon plan just to get my time up for start of TOT plan. Downloaded some books on nutrition and eating plans. The hubby is going but mainly for the expo. He wants to score a new pair of the Mickey sneakers.;)

Ariel484

Oh I know. I love how with a click how it populates my calander,just need them to release 2013 plan. Starting old disneyworld marathon plan just to get my time up for start of TOT plan. Downloaded some books on nutrition and eating plans. The hubby is going but mainly for the expo. He wants to score a new pair of the Mickey sneakers.;)
I'm going to be super nosy here...which plan are you using right now?

If you're a beginning runner I'd suggest using something like Couch-to-5K to get used to running 3 times per week, then train for and run a 10K race - it will build your mileage up safely and you'll have a 10K time to submit to Disney for corral placement. With the race so far away it's not necessary to do serious mileage yet unless you're training for something else (part of the reason why the 2013 plan isn't posted yet...it won't start for a few months). :)

Shawnak2

I'm going to be super nosy here...which plan are you using right now?

If you're a beginning runner I'd suggest using something like Couch-to-5K to get used to running 3 times per week, then train for and run a 10K race - it will build your mileage up safely and you'll have a 10K time to submit to Disney for corral placement. With the race so far away it's not necessary to do serious mileage yet unless you're training for something else (part of the reason why the 2013 plan isn't posted yet...it won't start for a few months). :)
Totally a good program. I've run in the past and never was a "fast" runner. I always finish with lots in the "tank" but want to push myself more.I recently trained for wdw 1/2 last month but broke my ankle at the beginning of December. My husband went on and did the race without me had a great time.

Just to get back in the "habit" of running and bring back some muscle tone. I plan to work with my physio dude and a roughed out start plan. The Disney was what I had on hand but it was going to be loosely what I could do and not mess anything up:). Though now that you mention Cto5 I think I have a copy around here or reinstall Galloways app.

I had read previous post and everybody had mentioned the humidity (which is completely foreign concept here in Canada)
We were boning up on the basics about it and seeing what recent train of thought was about it(humidity).

Also I eat every calorie I burn in cupcakes;) and figure I help my end game dropping a few ....dozen pounds

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
WOW! Im glad I ran it last year when it was $90. $135 for the early registration of a 10 miler. They are getting to rich for my blood. I think I paid $120 for the inaugural W&D.

Trust me, I know the argument, it is Disney. It is just like the MNSSHP party and other things. Once it gets to a price that makes me question the value to my $$$, Ill bow out. When MNSSHP got above $60 per person, I was done.

Hello everyone I am excited I am a beginner runner and signed up for both the 5k and the 10 miler. I will be running a couple 5ks before this race. I am going down and running solo so would be nice to meet up with other solo runners.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Thinking about doing this. I've been running half marathons lately and I like the 10 mile length and the ToT. Plus, since I would be going by myself, for one weekend, it would seem like a free trip after paying for a faI'mily of 4 to do crap for years and years. I'll have to see when early registration closes. Sometimes, I forget that its Disney and I have to do things waaaaaaay in advance.

Mad Stitch

I wanted to run this race, but I'm already registered for a half marathon that morning. Now a friend I have in Orlando registered for this and the crazy in me is thinking I could run my half marathon, hop on a plane at 3pm, and get to Disney in time for the race that night. If the flight got delayed it could cause a problem, but can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't do this? It's still less than running a full marathon and there will be time to rest in between.

a2grafix

I wanted to run this race, but I'm already registered for a half marathon that morning. Now a friend I have in Orlando registered for this and the crazy in me is thinking I could run my half marathon, hop on a plane at 3pm, and get to Disney in time for the race that night. If the flight got delayed it could cause a problem, but can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't do this? It's still less than running a full marathon and there will be time to rest in between.

You will be cutting it close if you run the 10-miler after running your planned half marathon because of the runner's expo and packet pick-up. You will likely miss getting your race packet because I don't think there is pre-race registration with runDisney right before the 10pm start.

Mad Stitch

You will be cutting it close if you run the 10-miler after running your planned half marathon because of the runner's expo and packet pick-up. You will likely miss getting your race packet because I don't think there is pre-race registration with runDisney right before the 10pm start.

That wouldn't be a problem because I can have my friend pick it up when he picks up his.

Ariel484

No...if I had the chance I'd do it. Especially if your friend is picking up your packet for you, go for it. :D Just make sure to eat smartly and drink a lot of water in between the races...flying is dehydrating enough by itself.

DisneyRunner

I ran this last year and wouldn't mind keeping the streak alive. For example: perfect princess and perfect 20. However, I got a part time job with the intent to save the money and do the DDD in 2014. If the funds provided, I would be interested in going for the C2C medal. Which race would you choose WDW marathon weekend, Princess, or W&D?

fmingo36

I ran this last year and wouldn't mind keeping the streak alive. For example: perfect princess and perfect 20. However, I got a part time job with the intent to save the money and do the DDD in 2014. If the funds provided, I would be interested in going for the C2C medal. Which race would you choose WDW marathon weekend, Princess, or W&D?

W&D would be my choice. I like the night races and I love the medal for this race. I like also really being in Disney that time of year; the weather is usually good and I love being at Disney for Food & Wine Festival.
The other thing is that the W&D and the Princess do not seem to have as many participants as the WDW 1/2 in January. I believe their were 27,000 runners-that's way too crowded for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom