The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Goofyernmost

As opposed to the artificially inflated lines at Disney?
Gosh, It must be nice to be able to see so clearly into the future about something that hasn't happened even once yet. If it is stated that they think that FP+ will cause "artificially inflated lines" at Disney, then it should be stated that way and not as if it was absolute fact. I personally believe that it FP+ is allowed to work the way they designed it, it will have the opposite affect. That is my opinion, not a fact. As is everyone elses, pro or con! One of us is right, one of us is wrong. We shall see. There's also the possibility that it will be exactly the same, just with a bunch of whining about how they couldn't ride the same ride 57 times in one day. How sad!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Gosh, It must be nice to be able to see so clearly into the future about something that hasn't happened even once yet. If it is stated that they think that FP+ will cause "artificially inflated lines" at Disney, then it should be stated that way and not as if it was absolute fact. I personally believe that it FP+ is allowed to work the way they designed it, it will have the opposite affect. That is my opinion, not a fact. As is everyone elses, pro or con! One of us is right, one of us is wrong. We shall see. There's also the possibility that it will be exactly the same, just with a bunch of whining about how they couldn't ride the same ride 57 times in one day. How sad!

It is if its what you paid to do based on previous visits. Not opinion as my opinion is as good as fact. FACT!

PeterAlt

I guarantee the new Robocop doesn't have a sliver of the cultural satire present in the original.
It's different. This version of the future includes cell phones and tablets. It's more aligned with what we have now and obvious trends of where we're going. The original had a radical vision that was not easily related to by its contemporary audience. That vision, however, is very close to today's digital world of the Internet, etc.

Goofyernmost

It is if its what you paid to do based on previous visits. Not opinion as my opinion is as good as fact. FACT!
Right! Sorta like the opinion fact that I am actually Bob Iger! I have the time to be on line a lot because I have a group of highly paid minions out there screwing things up for me. I have a pinball machine as well.

lebeau

Full disclosure, I am not speaking from personal experience. But based on what I have been hearing from people who have been recently, the lines are artificially inflated NOW. I'm not talking about a future state.

I'm not sure what's sadder. Super FP-users complaing about the new restrictions or pixie-dusters defending every thing Disney does.

rudyjr13

Spirited Lessons of the Day:

WDW fans really care about a talking trash can while the rest of the resort falls into one.

I appreciate all the information you post here but I think not having kids makes you miss the point sometimes. Hearing my 4 year old daughter call PUSH magical and talk about how funny he was hours after we saw it means a lot to me and is why I was upset about the situation. It didn't really bother me until she said that. Can't lose site of what these things mean to the children.

Yes, the resort needs a ton of work but they don't know that and they still have a blast. That same daughter wanted to know where all the kids rides were in DHS. I took her on Country Bear which was 3/4 empty and the show was terrible but in her eyes, wow singing bears. Same with the meet and gropes. They love them.

Fastpass + is working for us as well. Not sure if it is due to lighter crowds or that we don't need them for the non kid rides but so far I like it. Been able to change times on the fly.

Fe Maiden

Full disclosure, I am not speaking from personal experience. But based on what I have been hearing from people who have been recently, the lines are artificially inflated NOW. I'm not talking about a future state.

I'm not sure what's sadder. Super FP-users complaing about the new restrictions or pixie-dusters defending every thing Disney does.

Pixie-dusters all the way. The Super-FP users (myself included) will figure out ways to use it to their liking, but WDW is just stale. Not much to hang your hat on.

Ignohippo

Speaking of P & F, did any of u see the marvel / P&F crossover movie? My kids love it! Me, it's kinda weird...

And can someone clue me in to the whole PUSH debacle? That thread is too long to sift through...lol

I thought the Marvel crossover was absolutely horrific. The newest Avengers and Hulk shows on the Disney Channel are really awful. The characters don't act like themselves (the Hulk "family" show is one of the goofiest things I've ever seen). The writing on these shows are about as bad as they could possibly be.

They had an amazing Avengers show that they cancelled for what seems to me to be complete crap.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I predict the last 1.5 pages being modded out of existence.

I guess I'm a psychic!

@WDW1974 Have you heard any rumblings about what's going on with the mine train at MK and why the BTM at DL is taking forever to reopen? Is there an issue with the ride or is it all due to the new OSHA regulations in place for the parks?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are you storing some for the pinball museum until it re-opens somewhere?

No, that's my personal collection. David Silverman (the man behind the museum in DC then Baltimore) has given up and is liquidating his collection. Collections in the 1-20 range are pretty common in the hobby. It's the people with 50,100, 500+ that are the heavy hitters :) Silverman I think had several hundred.. but most in storage. He's already selling games through an auction house.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Gosh, It must be nice to be able to see so clearly into the future about something that hasn't happened even once yet. If it is stated that they think that FP+ will cause "artificially inflated lines" at Disney, then it should be stated that way and not as if it was absolute fact.
I think the pictures of 30 yard long lines extending past the FP+ entrance are good example of how this begins. This is happening during slow season. Whats it gonna be like for summer? We rode Star Tours a few weeks ago and the FP+ line was extremely backed up at the entrance. Wife and I went through regular entrance and boarded before several of the people we saw waiting in FP+ line outside. IMO those folks waiting in FP+ line probly believed that their pre booked FP+ time was going to expedite their wait in line. Is that not an artificial line/experience?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom