The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

RMichael21

Original Poster
We only have one way to make our entries?
I'm confused by your question... If you're asking if you can only submit 1 idea, then yes. Only 1, 5 sentence submission per project veto competition. HOWEVER, people on Redemption Island aren't eligible for these challenges. Sorry, i should have specified that.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 1 Project Veto Challenge

Now that Star Wars Launch Bay is no more, what better way to use the space than designing it around it's old fundamental... animation.

Toon Studio:

Toon Studio is a series of interactive exhibits based on the design and creation of animated characters and worlds.

Guests will be able to experience a multitude of activities, which include the former animation drawing class from the now closed Magic of Disney Animation, large screens which allow guests to paint and draw their own animated worlds, and countless others of experiences that explores the magic of animation design.

Hopefully with Toon Studio, guests will truly discover the pure magic of animation design and keep the spirit of the lost Magic of Disney Animation alive.

Animation_Courtyard_-_DHS.jpg

@IAmNotAHufflepuff :
YOU MUST SUBMIT THIS IN YOUR PROJECT VETOES PM.
Castaways must post their proposals in their Project Veto PMs, keeping the fact of whether or not your submitted a secret. This also allows me to contact you if your have been awarded the Project Veto (sometimes a Project Veto won't be rewarded to a castaway after a challenge).

IAmNotAHufflepuff

@IAmNotAHufflepuff :

Castaways must post their proposals in their Project Veto PMs, keeping the fact of whether or not your submitted a secret. This also allows me to contact you if your have been awarded the Project Veto (sometimes a Project Veto won't be rewarded to a castaway after a challenge).

Well, the moral of this tale is to always read before doing.. supposedly. ;)

I'll copy the post into the PM and delete the one on here. My mistake.

*EDIT* - Post now deleted and put into PM. Pretend you never saw that.. :confused:

Last edited:

tcool123

Episode 1 Immunity Challenge
A Fortunate Phase Three

Lassetoki_zpsweg0tf5c.png

In the year 2020, when all of Phase 2 is done,
Disney World's 50th is on the horizon, it's time to start the fun,
With all the thrills and excitement of the past years,
Imagineers announced Phase 3, to a choir of cheers,
Much discussion went into the lands to add,
Yet we reached a consensus and everyone was glad,
We have something for all in our Phase 3 campaign,
So no one in the family can possibly complain.

For the anniversary, we added to its weight,
With the announcement of 3 new lands, and an opening date,
Halloweentown, San Fransokyo, and Knowhere too,
Come join in the fun!....in 2022,
We will open in phases so the crowds can level out,
Come explore our website to see what it's all about!

Click Here

DinoInstitute

Episode 1 Challenge 2- A Fortunate Phase 3
Team Blairozah

At the beginning of this first episode of this new season of The Sole Imagineer, we were told that we were heading to Disney Hollywood Studios to "reinvent the old and create the new". Here at Blairozah, we took this to heart, creating a concept that truly celebrates the very original content that we all love about Disney and what is the true basis for the Hollywood Studios park, in a new, modern, immersive experience. Presenting:

Fantasia Springs

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 1 Immunity Challenge
Critiques

Fantastic proposals this week everyone!

LASSETOKI
@tcool123, @spacemt354, @DisneyPrincess1993, @Flippin'Flounder, @MonorailRed, @Ranky64 and @Sam4D23

Amazing project! Let's go through your project and pick it apart! I liked the intro poem, it was a very nice set up to the website. By the way, I loved the website! It was a big plus of this project and was very clean and presentable. So, well done in that respect! However, something that I would have liked to see was a "back" button on the bottom of each page. I liked the map as well, it was a great visual. I couldn't seem to find it. I also loved the Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride, a perfect addition. DHS REALLY needs dark rides, so I'm glad you put one in. I liked the NBC restaurant, but I was struggling to figure out why you would include the other seasons other than Halloween and Christmas. I've never seen the movie, so I don't really know if those are significant at all. In general, I thought that your NBC additions were spot on, and were all great additions to the park. My one flaw with the placement of it was the transitions. I'm not sure if the land would transition well from Star Tours and other attractions north of this land. The transition between San Fransokyo and the rest of the park was FANTASTIC, however. I loved the idea of a river. Also, the concept of this land would provide for some great nighttime atmosphere. In addition, while the coaster fits fairly well and would be a hit with guests a roller coaster is NOT what DHS needs IMO. There's already WAY to many thrill rides in the park. TOT, RnRC, Star Tours and the new Star Wars ride will all be present in the park. With Toy Story Land being added, it only gives the park some new flat rides. Dark rides are what I was looking for with this challenge. You gave me one, but I was hoping there wouldn't be any coasters. That's why I loved BH6: Call to Action, it was a really well done ride. So, that's why the roller coaster won't count to much against you, as your balanced it out with a dark ride. I really enjoyed Knowwhere as well. The attraction was well done, but I feel like you could have fleshed out the area more and included some more experiences. Overall, fantastic concept this week!

BLAIROZAH
@IDInstitute, @IAmNotAHufflepuff, @Matt7187, @TheOriginalTiki, @JokersWild and @Perry2x2

Amazing concept Blairozah! First, I would have liked to see a better intro on your actual post. A brief paragraph wasn't enough for me. As for the website, I loved it. The overall design was very clean and I loved the video on the homepage. In addition, the concept of classic animation is a phenomenal idea. However, I'm not sure that the Ducktales is popular enough in today's culture to warrant it's own land. While Toontown has been done to death around here and I appreciate you trying to be unique with this, I wish you would have gone with a more generic toontown and tried to take a different spin on that. IMO, a toontown based on 1 IP doesn't work as well for me. In addition, I'm not sure Fantasia Springs really suggests a city all that well, but that may just be me. Also, the map was fine, but there were a few places where the text was hard to read. However, what you did with Duckberg was fantastic. I LOVED the dark ride, I guarantee it would be a hit with guests. I would have liked to see you all go into a bit more detail on Duckberg as well. Next, I really loved the Silly Symphony Maze. 1) It provides much needed greenery to DHS and 2) it represents the Silly Symphonie extremely well. Fantasy Gardens was done extremely well, in my opinion. I also really enjoyed the emphasis on high capacity, non E-Ticket attractions which is something DHS really needs at the moment (and in 2021 as well). Overall, great concept!​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 1
Imagineer's Council

So, usually, Blairozah would go to Imagineer's Council and vote out one of their members. However, @DisneyPrincess1993 has informed me that she has dropped out of the competition. Therefore, no one will be eliminated this round and no one will join @Brer Panther and @DSquared on Redemption Island. As a result, no Redemption Duel will be played next episode and the two previously mentioned castaways on Redemption Island will remain there until Episode 3. Expect your next Immunity Challenge tomorrow. :)

Therefore...

@DisneyPrincess1993, the tribe has spoken...

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 2
Downtown Dreamers

600-downtowndisney.jpg

Welcome to Downtown Disney, the premiere dining, shopping and entertainment district for Disney Parks around the world. Downtown Disney has taken different forms in many of the resort across the globe, including Orlando, Paris and Anaheim. So, this week, we'll be exploring Downtown Disney/Disney Springs/Disney Village.

This Episode will consist of:
- Immunity Challenge
- Project Veto Challenge

In addition, @Brer Panther and @DSquared are on Redemption Island.

Imagineers Ready? GO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom