The saddest day at Disney...

POLY LOVER

the saddest day for me hasn't happened yet, it will be on sept 2nd that will be my very last day at disneyworld. i retire next year and it costs a whole lotta money from uk. so i cant wait to go(20 days) but i dont want it to end! Boo Hoo.

congratulations on your retirement

World_Showcase_Lover007

I always take lots of pictures in the parks, but I normally don't look at them until months after returning home because it makes me sad to realize how much fun I had and that I'm not there anymore.

jloucks

Just like @nelsonj3 said, I too used to be very sad when I had to leave Disney and head back home to Boston. I very much understand where you're coming from. So much so, I decided to move to the Orlando area. In fact, this happened twice because we moved back to Boston so my son could grow up around my mother. We finally made it back to Florida and we're here to stay.

However, there is sadness that comes in different forms now. As most have been saying, it's when you have to leave. For us, since we now visit the Parks on a weekly basis, we often form friendships with those that work at Disney. We have formed friendships, in particular, with those that are in the entertainment part of Disney. I think now, without a doubt, the saddest day since we moved here is when Disney terminated their contract with Off Kilter. If you didn't like the music, this wouldn't mean much to you. However, for me, not only did I lose one of my favorite attractions, I also lost a bond that many didn't get to experience. It's like my friends were fired! I, as with many, will never forget their last performance…it was outstanding yet very, very emotional!:(:cry:

Once what you said sunk in I realized you are a legit super fan.

Hard core!

brb1006

While not the saddest day at Disney, who else get's a little teared up when they hear the area music for the original version of Journey Into Imagination?

gibmom

I was sad on the last day of our vacation last Sept. because I don't think I'll ever be going back. The pain and stiffness of chronic arthritis has just made it too difficult and has made me a burden for my family. Makes me feel sad now to.

rob0519

It's Getting Back on this....
2732678120_9f03b446db.jpg

Hearing this...:(
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6510872

And Seeing This...
crying-1.gif

16x9

Forget Magical Express. Rent a car for a one way trip to Tampa and fly out of TPA. You will avoid the madhouse scene at MCO TSA

worldfanatic

Forget Magical Express. Rent a car for a one way trip to Tampa and fly out of TPA. You will avoid the madhouse scene at MCO TSA

Never!!!!
MCO is a pretty well organized "madhouse".
Especially compared to other extremely busy airports around the Nation.
And for a lot of us, it represents the Magical Gateway & Departure Point of our vacations.
I can't even imagine a WDW trip that didn't start & end at that wonderful airport.

insaneshadow

The saddest day for me is the day I have to leave my hotel room and drive back home. A very close second is not just the final day in the park, it's when the sun starts setting on the final day. "Aw man, it's almost over", is what goes through my head when that happens.

ninjaprincesst

Oddly the saddest day for me is our last full day. I'm sad then but the next day when we actually do leave I am ok. Of course the trips when we book bouncebacks are always less sad because you know for certain you are coming back.

jonesenon4

we are only about a 4 hour drive away so we go often. we also just bought DVC and annual passes so we can go more.so now i am hoping the last day sadness will go away . since now we can hop down for a quick weekend if we would like. next trip and first DVC trip only 48 days away.

rob0519

Never!!!!
MCO is a pretty well organized "madhouse".
Especially compared to other extremely busy airports around the Nation.
And for a lot of us, it represents the Magical Gateway & Departure Point of our vacations.
I can't even imagine a WDW trip that didn't start & end at that wonderful airport.

Our always starts in Orlando and for the 17 of the last 20 years, it ended in Orlando as well. Then I discovered Tampa and less people makes that a magical gateway for us.

alex_p_dizzy

I just wait for the moment on the last day of each trip when my wife tears up because the trip will soon be over. Though it makes her sad, it brings me joy as I have watched her love for Disney grow to the point which she cries for having to leave. When we first started dating long ago I was cautious of not overwhelming her with Disney and my love for visiting. Now, here we are 14 years later and I get asked once a week, "when can we go back?" We are blessed to be able to visit several times a year and even knowing we will back within a few months she cries like a little girl as we watch Illuminations on our last night. I put my arm around her shoulder and hold her tight and thank the Lord for our blessings and our love. For me, the end of each trip drives me to focus more on succeeding in my endeavors in life and work and get back to grinding as hard as I can because one way or another, I WILL RETIRE IN GOLDEN OAKS!!!!!!

Late reply to this but I cannot relate to this more! My girlfriend had never been to Disney before we started dating (I know terrible childhood!!) I decided I had to take her for our first trip and I was scared of overwhelming her but now, she is just like your wife, she can't stop talking about our next trip and she surprised me with a grad trip to Disney!

I'll see you there in Golden Oaks ;)

brb1006

I don't know if I already left a comment about this, but while not the saddest. I remember feeling a little emotional a day before we left WDW. It might have something to do with my first meeting with Marie.

zweltar

On a trip in 2009, my wife and I traveled to WDW with my parents. On the Magical Express back to the airport, my mom wistfully looked back at the Castle, tears in her eyes. When I asked her what wrong, she said that she knew she'd never make it down to WDW again. Broke my heart, that did. Now I just gotta win the lotto to make a liar out of her!

The last full day is always tough, it hits us that our holiday is nearly over, we always go to the MK on our last evening, our last ride is always the Haunted Mansion & as much as we love that ride it's a bittersweet moment when we get out of the doom buggy, we make our walk up Main Street last as long as we can before one last lingering look at the castle as we agree to come back, we live in the UK so we usually only go every two years, although by the time our next trip comes round it's going to be three years.
Our actual last day usually involves last minute packing, a quick wander round Epcot followed by lunch before we head to the airport.
We start planning our next trip even it's only agreeing on a rough timescale before we leave Orlando.

zweltar

An additional "sad" moment is the last time leaving the Magic Kingdom, as I pass through the turnstiles, I see the "See Ya Real Soon!" signs and I get a little melancholy.

My wife also hates that I get a little bummed on the day that marks the half-way point of our vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom