The saddest day at Disney...

hull327

I never count down days left - it would make me too sad! I live each day as though it is the first until it comes time to travel back to the airport and sunny old england!:( Then I get sad as I get on the plane and think that it may be a while til I get back. Last trip was 2010 and next is 2014 (need to save lots to have the 6th trip of a lifetime.:)
Ouch...a flight to England. I thought my 8 hour drive to North Carolina was bad!

brb1006

I have a habit for bumping threads on this site. So if you get annoyed when you find out it's me bumping another thread then I sincerely apologize. But this time, I felt it was rather necessary since a day before our departure to the Orlando Airport back to New Jersey was very emotional and somber to me.

I remember meeting Marie for the first time a day before we left. I remember fighting back the tears when we took the bus back to the All Star Sports Resort. I remember crying my eyes for two reason, the first was that meeting Marie was the most emotional experience I ever had in my life. While I tried hiding it, I showed it to my guidance counselor (I pretended to act calm and happy around him) but once I closed the door to my room. I cried myself to sleep alone in that room for over an hour until I finally went to sleep. The second reason was because I realized this might be my last trip to WDW for a very long time knowing I was about to graduate at the time. So far I'm still dealing with Post Disney Depression and I'm constantly checking the WDW forum and lessening to Disney Area Music and watching updates on WDW. It's currently July 28, and it's only two months until I become a student at a community college. I heard that college doesn't have the Disney College program so I'm thinking once I finish that for two or four years. I might finally visit a major college which has it. The reason why I cried after meeting Marie, was because she was my first ever exposure to Disney and the first Disney character I ever seen and feel in love with since I was a child.

Once again, I deeply apologize for bumping another thread. But this time my Post Disney Depression is starting to get the best of me. Especially since I'm currently lessening to the Tommorowland Area music while typing this. It's as close as I get to feeling like I'm back in WDW. My third trip to WDW was the most memorable compared to my first and second since I've been learning more about Disney since 2006.

Walt Disney1955

A sad day? No, not really. A sad moment? Yes. Well, maybe not sad, but............well I guess a little sad. That moment for me would be riding the ferry (we always take the monorail to MK and the ferry back) back to the tram to the parking lot. I always soak up the skyline of MK as the boat goes further and further away. It is almost as if it is a friend I won't see for a long time. You know you are leaving a magical place. You still appreciate it, but you have a bit of sorrow.

Also, seeing the sign on the way out with Mickey's hand waving at you saying "See you soon" or something like that. I always get sad seeing that. Do you know how many people over the years have seen that sign? Tons. It has history for me. That moment always hits for me.

POLY LOVER

Christmas Eve last year was the toughest. We left the World and returned to Atlanta....and it was probably the last trip as a family as M & M are both in college. We were thankful that M & M were still willing to hang with their nerdy parents. I am still going to attempt to cheat time and steal at least one more trip.....and suppress the fact that my princesses are soon going to find their own prince and live happily ever after....being selfish here...don't want them to go....they will always be my babies.

our kids are 23 and 25 we have been doing it since they we 4 and 6 years old and we still keep it going so its not over for you. keep up the tradition its gets to be more fun as time goes on.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
is the day I have to leave. The thing that keeps me going, is knowing that I will return someday.

The people here made me feel welcome and I feel as if I made some friends...if only for a moment. And I thank you for that, the people of WDWMagic. So I guess I should close with a question.

Have you ever lost the ice cream on your cone at Disney World?

Never had an ice-cream cone at Disney :jawdrop: :eek: :jawdrop:

brb1006

A sad day? No, not really. A sad moment? Yes. Well, maybe not sad, but............well I guess a little sad. That moment for me would be riding the ferry (we always take the monorail to MK and the ferry back) back to the tram to the parking lot. I always soak up the skyline of MK as the boat goes further and further away. It is almost as if it is a friend I won't see for a long time. You know you are leaving a magical place. You still appreciate it, but you have a bit of sorrow.

Also, seeing the sign on the way out with Mickey's hand waving at you saying "See you soon" or something like that. I always get sad seeing that. Do you know how many people over the years have seen that sign? Tons. It has history for me. That moment always hits for me.
I remember crying when I left the ferry back in 2004 which was my first visit. Leaving the ferry away from the Magic Kingdom at nighttime is very emotional compared to day for some reason. We left at night from my first two trips. But we left at Epcot for our third visit, wasn't as emotional compared to Magic Kingdom since it was day time. I did get emotional when I did my final encounter with Marie though and she even calmed me down knowing I will be back in the future.

brb1006

Was anyone on the forums at WDW on September 11th? I've gotta imagine that's probably the saddest day to be in the parks.. Just a curious thought..
I heard a story about WDW handling this.

"After the September 11th attacks, all of the Walt Disney World theme parks and activities were closed for the day. However, when it seemed that nothing would go on, they surprisingly ran the Electrical Water Pageant that night, with one small change...they kept the American flag floats lit during the entire trip around the lake."

"When the parks closed that day the character actors were given the choice to go home and be with their families. Many went home but some elected to stay. They were shuttled to the nearby Disney resorts and proceeded to do meet-and-greet sets for upwards of ten hours for the guests who suddenly had nowhere to go. The parents were numb with shock and the children didn't understand what was going on, but in the midst of their own fear the characters were there to offer hugs."

nelsonj3

is the day I have to leave. The thing that keeps me going, is knowing that I will return someday.

The people here made me feel welcome and I feel as if I made some friends...if only for a moment. And I thank you for that, the people of WDWMagic. So I guess I should close with a question.

Have you ever lost the ice cream on your cone at Disney World?

This feeling is exactly why I moved to Central Florida. I know it sounds crazy, but it's actually true. WDW has been a part of my life since I was five years old (I'm 36 now). I used to get so depressed, even as a kid, when we were driving or flying back to Indiana. Now, I really feel like the sign is accurate when I leave the resort that says "See Ya Real Soon!"

The only issue with living here is that you tend to start to take things for granted after a while.

Also, no, I've never lost an ice cream cone at WDW. I usually get it in a bowl anyway... lol. :)

prfctlyximprct

I heard a story about WDW handling this.

"After the September 11th attacks, all of the Walt Disney World theme parks and activities were closed for the day. However, when it seemed that nothing would go on, they surprisingly ran the Electrical Water Pageant that night, with one small change...they kept the American flag floats lit during the entire trip around the lake."

"When the parks closed that day the character actors were given the choice to go home and be with their families. Many went home but some elected to stay. They were shuttled to the nearby Disney resorts and proceeded to do meet-and-greet sets for upwards of ten hours for the guests who suddenly had nowhere to go. The parents were numb with shock and the children didn't understand what was going on, but in the midst of their own fear the characters were there to offer hugs."

This gave me goosebumps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom