The saddest day at Disney...

mrdisman

Original Poster
is the day I have to leave. The thing that keeps me going, is knowing that I will return someday.

The people here made me feel welcome and I feel as if I made some friends...if only for a moment. And I thank you for that, the people of WDWMagic. So I guess I should close with a question.

Have you ever lost the ice cream on your cone at Disney World?

BransonJ

I've felt this feeling already and we haven't even left Texas yet. We leave Friday morning for a 10 day trip and I already had a gloomy day of thinking how fast its coming, feels like yesterday we just hit the 180 day mark. But I have managed to pull myself together and get hyped up again. Even though I will feel this again a couple days before our trip ends.

FettFan

The saddest day was in May 2011. On the last day of our trip, we left early because some in my family wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack in Celebration.

I was game. I was a bit disappointed that we weren't staying for the fireworks like we usually do on the last night.

Then we got to Joe's.

Mediocre food, rude staff, sorry service, and music so loud it vibrated the kidneys. After numerous complaints they finally decided to appease us by slashing our ticket in half. But, lesson learned, I will never be returning to that place. I honestly felt cheated out of that last night, especially since I was trying to rally my group together for a PhotoPass pic in front of the train station flowerbed before Wishes, but they were all wanting to go eat.

Which is why I made up for it this year by booking us a dinner reservation at Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney. ;) On TUESDAY night, so on our last day we can get back to our regular routine.

ifuhadwings

is the day I have to leave. The thing that keeps me going, is knowing that I will return someday.

The people here made me feel welcome and I feel as if I made some friends...if only for a moment. And I thank you for that, the people of WDWMagic. So I guess I should close with a question.

Have you ever lost the ice cream on your cone at Disney World?
I dropped a Bambi in a puddle in the rain when I was 7.

Disney_Dad88

I think its a little harder on people like me because Im the type that cant afford to go twice a year or every year. But you know, I kind of like it like that. Me and my wife agreed that we will try to come every three years. Our trip in January will be my kids and wife's first time ever and my third trip but the first in 9 years. Last time I went I was 16 years old, now Im 25. I think when you do it like that though, you appreciate each trip more. Regardless, it is a very sad day. I remember thinking the last time I went thinking how long it would be before I returned. Never did I guess it would take 9 years, but the wait is over now. Here we come Disney.

Skibum1970

I think its a little harder on people like me because Im the type that cant afford to go twice a year or every year. But you know, I kind of like it like that. Me and my wife agreed that we will try to come every three years. Our trip in January will be my kids and wife's first time ever and my third trip but the first in 9 years. Last time I went I was 16 years old, now Im 25. I think when you do it like that though, you appreciate each trip more. Regardless, it is a very sad day. I remember thinking the last time I went thinking how long it would be before I returned. Never did I guess it would take 9 years, but the wait is over now. Here we come Disney.

Same here. We go every couple of years and so we really want each trip to be awesome. That last day, we typically have a late morning or early afternoon flight and thus no time to visit the parks. At that point, when I wake up knowing that I'm headed home, I do get a little depressed. I feel like the kid holding on to his dad's leg (in my case, it's one of the timber supports at WL) yelling, "NO, NO, BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!".

Disney_Dad88

Same here. We go every couple of years and so we really want each trip to be awesome. That last day, we typically have a late morning or early afternoon flight and thus no time to visit the parks. At that point, when I wake up knowing that I'm headed home, I do get a little depressed. I feel like the kid holding on to his dad's leg (in my case, it's one of the timber supports at WL) yelling, "NO, NO, BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO!!!".

One good thing for us is that we are in a realistic driving distance from Orlando, about 8 hours. Some people don't have this luxury and have to fly every time, and it seems like it would be tougher if we had to do that every time. I know the feeling though. Im depressed already knowing that we have to leave. I actually added an extra day to our trip just because of this lol.

Dad 2 M & M

Christmas Eve last year was the toughest. We left the World and returned to Atlanta....and it was probably the last trip as a family as M & M are both in college. We were thankful that M & M were still willing to hang with their nerdy parents. I am still going to attempt to cheat time and steal at least one more trip.....and suppress the fact that my princesses are soon going to find their own prince and live happily ever after....being selfish here...don't want them to go....they will always be my babies.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's Getting Back on this....
2732678120_9f03b446db.jpg

Hearing this...:(
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6510872

And Seeing This...
crying-1.gif

16x9

Last edited:

Disney_Dad88

I tried to plan my vacation so I could have more time off of work. My last day at work will be Thur. Jan.23rd, and then we leave Friday Morning. We plan on leaving the following Friday around midday which will have us arriving back home Friday Night. That way I have Saturday and Sunday to get back into the groove and lick the wounds of my wallet lol. 8 Days, 7 Nights of Disney with an actual 10 days of vacation. Hopefully that way it wont be too hard going back to work Monday. But I know its gonna be hard going back to the real world after a week of the fantasy world.

real mad hatter

Nope! Ive yet to have a sad day,even on my fourteenth day,I'am ready for home.However my next trip,hopefully in 2016 will be my 6th and final farewell trip,and that will be tears...:(..But I think to myself,what a lucky person I am to have visited WDW so many times..Ive to so many unforgettable memories in photos and CD's ....And nope to the ice cream question.;)

Disney_Dad88

Nope! Ive yet to have a sad day,even on my fourteenth day,I'am ready for home.However my next trip,hopefully in 2016 will be my 6th and final farewell trip,and that will be tears...:(..But I think to myself,what a lucky person I am to have visited WDW so many times..Ive to so many unforgettable memories in photos and CD's ....And nope to the ice cream question.;)

Boy that will be tough knowing it will be your last time ever. Something tells me before you depart this life that number 7 may happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom