The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

JohnD

Once again shows through 10/29. I can't vouch for every day but 10/29 (the day I intend to see it), shows are: 9:30, 10:10, 11:40, 12:20, 1:25, 1:50, 3:45, 4:25, 4:45.

Note: Just checked. Times are different earlier in the month. Make sure to look up the day you intend to see it.

Now through 11/5.

Phil12

I'm just wondering if they are testing waters for more than just those two shows.They could have one with Miss Piggy as Betsy Ross or one with Fozzie & Gonzo rather being the sidekicks..
Or Miss Piggy as Abraham Lincoln:
latest

Acolli18

I'm sure it's been discussed at some point in the previous 80 pages, but how does this effect traffic flow? Is there a standing area for this or is it just a free for all?

SteamboatJoe

I just watched both of these again today. I really think this turned out so well. It's just so Muppets yet really does fit in very, very well.

Completely agree. For some reason when I first heard of this I didn't think they were going to use actual Muppets. In my head I kept picturing sophisticated animatronic units. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the actual product and was overjoyed with how they really kept true to the spirit and heart of the Muppets. The characterizations and jokes are spot on. I really hope this is still running in May when I am there. It would be so surreal and magical to see characters I've only ever seen on a screen in person exactly as I've always known them.

Phil12

I just watched both of these again today. I really think this turned out so well. It's just so Muppets yet really does fit in very, very well.
I agree. The Muppets are very versatile. Hopefully WDW will retire Journey Into Imagination with Figment and replace it with Journey Into Imagination with The Muppets.

JohnD

I agree. The Muppets are very versatile. Hopefully WDW will retire Journey Into Imagination with Figment and replace it with Journey Into Imagination with The Muppets.

I agree with the sentiment for the Muppets. Who doesn't like them? (Well, I can think of one on this forum.) The more the better I say. But, personally, for this ride I would prefer going back to the original updated with 21st technology. I prefer the more innocent, playful and childlike Figment over the current jokester Figment.

majortom1981

I say combine Journey into imagination with the muppets .Heck You can even include dreamfinder. Have dreamfinder working with the muppets and they discover the figment of imagination. You wouldn't even have to retheme the pavillion that much. Have it be bunsen honeydews lab. HAve a show like this outside the pavilion or where the movie is now.

No Name

I never commented here, so I'll start by echoing the opinion that this is a great show and and great idea. And I've never been a Muppets fan.

I love the Declaration of Independence show. Nothing really negative to say about it. Love the format, the song, the length, the crowd interaction. Honestly one of the best shows from Disney that I've seen.

The Paul Revere show is good, but after about the sixth interruption of Sam, it started to become a tad annoying. I felt that in the end, there could've been more jokes that kept the focus on the story of Paul Revere rather than on bickering. It's still good, just not as good.

I like the Declaration of Independence format better. The fact that the characters are in three places helps make it more dynamic and refreshing throughout, and I like the crowd interaction that JJ (is that his name) provides. Not sure why the Paul Revere show does it differently.

Lastly, I hope that they add more Great Moments in the future. I give Disney a big thumbs up on this idea. Glad that it turned out well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom