The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Disney-Trains

1 equity actor
4 (?) pupeteers
1- 1 sound tech
1 - stage manager.

Starts to add up pretty fast if all you see is $$$. Which it would seem is the case for Disney currently.

But honestly... Disney just paid a lot of money redoing the facade of hall of presidents, installing speakers, rehearsals, paying to have the show written, paying to have the costumes made, would they really pay for all that and cut the whole thing?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
1 equity actor
4 (?) pupeteers
1- 1 sound tech
1 - stage manager.

Starts to add up pretty fast if all you see is $$$. Which it would seem is the case for Disney currently.

But honestly... Disney just paid a lot of money redoing the facade of hall of presidents, installing speakers, rehearsals, paying to have the show written, paying to have the costumes made, would they really pay for all that and cut the whole thing?
Yes, they would. The pencil pushers look at the short term gains and see a loss. POOF

unkadug

You're kidding / surely you jest good man? (take your pick of phrase!)

I mean, I'm not that fond of a Muppet Show in LS, but pulling the plug after two weeks?
If it ain't pulling it's own weight in generating profit for TDO then the cost of the continuing the show is coming straight out of their Christmas Bonuses.

What would YOU do??? They are not immune to the "me, me, me" syndrome that is so prevalent in today's society.

Princess Leia

Only until the 15th, for some odd reason. I really hope it's staying.

Attachments

• muppets moments in history.png
    muppets moments in history.png
    353.1 KB · Views: 74

JohnD

Only until the 15th, for some odd reason. I really hope it's staying.

It was weird. They had it through 10/29, I added it to my schedule via MDE (I arrive 10/29). Now it's no longer active. Maybe we'll see an extension by the end of the week? Here's hoping. . .

JohnD

Disney has a history of doing these types of thing for a very limited time.

It seems that the cost of putting on this show may exceed the value to TDO.

I could see scheduling a month at a time which is what they had originally (okay through 10/29). But for two weeks?

JohnD

I can see it...it is not generating income. It has to go.

They launched the show just before a hurricane came through. They closed the parks at 5pm Thursday and all day Friday. Re-opened them on Saturday. That leaves just another week until the 15th. And you're telling me they're not generating income? I don't buy it. If anything, they already lost income from the hurricane. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude.

unkadug

They launched the show just before a hurricane came through. They closed the parks at 5pm Thursday and all day Friday. Re-opened them on Saturday. That leaves just another week until the 15th. And you're telling me they're not generating income? I don't buy it. If anything, they already lost income from the hurricane. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude.
Somebody told them that the show caused the hurricane. They just can't take the chance of it happening again.

FoozieBear

I can see it...it is not generating income. It has to go.

How is an income of a show determined? Like how does the park judge if a show is generating revenue? The show is free, and it's a streetmosphere style show, so how on Earth does a low-budget show like this even get determined?

Also, shouldn't this show help fill the void that will make Liberty Square a dead-zone when Hall of Presidents close to introduce the new president?

unkadug

How is an income of a show determined? Like how does the park judge if a show is generating revenue? The show is free, and it's a streetmosphere style show, so how on Earth does a low-budget show like this even get determined?

Also, shouldn't this show help fill the void that will make Liberty Square a dead-zone when Hall of Presidents close to introduce the new president?
Souvenir profits directly related to the show.

JohnD

Souvenir profits directly related to the show.

But this show doesn't sell merchandise! No kidding it no profit would come in. What would they expect?

Agree. Talk about a self-perpetuating prophesy. Merch is already not offered. So, no profits from merch not offered. Therefore, cancel the show from no profits from non-offered merchandise. Again, I don't believe it's canceled. We'll see. . .

FoozieBear

Agree. Talk about a self-perpetuating prophesy. Merch is already not offered. So, no profits from merch not offered. Therefore, cancel the show from no profits from non-offered merchandise. Again, I don't believe it's canceled. We'll see. . .

The Disney customer representative I spoke to said that it was literally just changed hours ago in response to Hurricane Matthew. He claims the storm threw the new show off it's original plan and they seem to be re-scrambling to see if they will have the manpower to bring it back as soon as possible. Sounds very fishy, but he couldn't even say if it was coming back or not.

JohnD

The Disney customer representative I spoke to said that it was literally just changed hours ago in response to Hurricane Matthew. He claims the storm threw the new show off it's original plan and they seem to be re-scrambling to see if they will have the manpower to bring it back as soon as possible. Sounds very fishy, but he couldn't even say if it was coming back or not.

They were closed a day and a half. The last show on the current schedule is at 4:40. They could have done that show last Thursday. Obviously, no shows on Friday. Resume Saturday. So, basically one day. And the hurricane throws off the whole thing? Hmm.

FoozieBear

They were closed a day and a half. The last show on the current schedule is at 4:40. They could have done that show last Thursday. Obviously, no shows on Friday. Resume Saturday. So, basically one day. And the hurricane throws off the whole thing? Hmm.

Very fishy indeed, but he said it threw off their scheduling in some way and this will help them reset the show and get it up and running, I don't buy it, but that's the story they gave me. I'm going to keep calling tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom