Trip Report The I'm Ditching the Spreadsheets....an Unrecognizable Trip!

We arrived home around 10pm last night from our Disney vacation. The planning for this trip started in March, but by September it was not even close to the original. So how did it all turn out? Did I make the correct decisions? Was this trip as hectic as the last one? Should I have cancelled so many dining reservations? Did we miss too much because upon arrival I decided to rip up the spread sheets..the same ones that I so painstakingly obsessed over?! I'm thinking about all of this as I am attempting to organize my 609,504,302 photos.

There were a few hiccups, including my Etsy order not arriving in time, sprinting to the Magical Express just as the doors closed, leaving our Elf on the Shelf in the room after check out, getting stuck on a ride, a missing boat captain, broken ornaments, and a horrible 3 hour lunch. All in all it was an amazing trip. I do not regret the decision to change from the original plans, or the second, or the 3rd, or even the plans I had when we were on the plane heading to Orlando. I decided to throw out most of them and take a (semi) wing it approach. :)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
We continued our Mickey Hunt in the main lodge. Found one..then gave up. Decided to sit by the fire and chat about our day.

T is absolutely head over heels with this place. He loved the story, he loved the atmosphere, we read the stone on the fireplace and he had a million questions. As we were sitting there chatting, he paused and says- "Mommy, this was the best day ever."

He's used that sentence before, but sparingly, so I know that it means he was extremely happy. This, of course, makes my heart happy.
Can I just say one more time.. I'm so glad that we got "stuck" with Wilderness Lodge!
It ended up being perfect :)
IMG_1992.JPG

I took photos during our Hidden Mickey hunt..so I mean, why not add another 50 photos to this report, and post them here.

It was breathtaking. I'm so sad that this is our last night.
IMG_1994.JPG
IMG_1996.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG
IMG_1995.JPG
IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG

Off to bed we go. Goodnight, moon.
IMG_2001.JPG

Tomorrow- last day :(.
Spending it at MK.
We have a ppo BOG for 8:10am.
I thought if we have time I will try to add a last minute TS meal as well.
Gotta use up those stupid credits!

MySmallWorldof4

Ha. That's kind of neat. The people we met hadn't heard of it. They just asked why we were searching the lobby. I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for a person on this site.
They do have a hidden Mickey search at the Hilton Head Resort that we have done and succeeded at.:) It does help if you really know the resort well. Reading the clues on your worksheet, it seems that to succeed you really would have had to explore the resort.

Oops! Just noticed that they tell you where to luck for each clue. The hunt in HHR doesn't tell you where to look. It is just the clues.

Last edited:

PrincessL

Great report! Finally caught up. I love all of the pictures, thanks for taking so many:p T looks like a cool kiddo!

Your WL day looked like the perfect day! Good quality time makes the best memories:)

You have affirmed that I made the right decision by adding two more nights to our upcoming trip and not adding any more park tickets. We will now have two full resort days one at Poly and one at YC. Don't get me wrong the parks and the meals and the characters are the main reason to go to Disney... But these resorts have so much to offer! And if you stop to ask your kids what they want after a few days in the park they really just want a pool with a water slide...lol! I also didn't add the dinning plan for the last two days and I think you have affirmed that decision as well;)

21stamps

Original Poster
They do have a hidden Mickey search at the Hilton Head Resort that we have done and succeeded at.:) It does help if you really know the resort well. Reading the clues on your worksheet, it seems that to succeed you really would have had to explore the resort.

Oops! Just noticed that they tell you where to luck for each clue. The hunt in HHR doesn't tell you where to look. It is just the clues.

Yes, it told us where to look and we still couldn't find them!!! We had 2 adults searching the phone room with us, we spent the most amount of time in there..never found it.lol
That's really neat that Hilton Head has the same thing!
Great report! Finally caught up. I love all of the pictures, thanks for taking so many:p T looks like a cool kiddo!

Your WL day looked like the perfect day! Good quality time makes the best memories:)

You have affirmed that I made the right decision by adding two more nights to our upcoming trip and not adding any more park tickets. We will now have two full resort days one at Poly and one at YC. Don't get me wrong the parks and the meals and the characters are the main reason to go to Disney... But these resorts have so much to offer! And if you stop to ask your kids what they want after a few days in the park they really just want a pool with a water slide...lol! I also didn't add the dinning plan for the last two days and I think you have affirmed that decision as well;)

We did the dining plan last year, ran out of credits quickly. This year we had too many left over. I should have never bought it for those last 3 nights..but when I realized that it was too late. Live and learn.lol
You'll have a great time on your resorts days! Especially Poly..nothing like swimming while the EWP and fireworks are right in front of you :)

PrincessL

Yes, it told us where to look and we still couldn't find them!!! We had 2 adults searching the phone room with us, we spent the most amount of time in there..never found it.lol
That's really neat that Hilton Head has the same thing!

We did the dining plan last year, ran out of credits quickly. This year we had too many left over. I should have never bought it for those last 3 nights..but when I realized that it was too late. Live and learn.lol
You'll have a great time on your resorts days! Especially Poly..nothing like swimming while the EWP and fireworks are right in front of you :)
Well, I hope you scored a lat min. sig restaurant on your last day to take care of those credits;)

21stamps

Original Poster
Alright friends,

The end is in sight!! Today this report will finally be completed! Thanks for hanging with me so far., there will be yet another bombardment of photos today, and just a few minor mishaps. :)

12/4/16 Last Day at Disney World :(

We wake up at 7am. I call Bell Services to come collect our bags. Confirmed the Magical Express time. Then tell T to get ready for our breakfast at Be Our Guest.

"Mommy, can we just stay here and relax for a little bit? Let's just order breakfast in our room."

But, but, but...BOG!! BOG PPO!!!!!

"T you love eating at Beast's castle! AND- we get in to the park early!"

T- "But it's our last day, so let's just relax and then go. Please?"

What?!??!?!!!!!!!
WHAT!!!!!

"Ok, T. We'll eat in the room and then go to the park."

O. M. G. Who is this kid?!?! Why is he ruining my perfectly planned last day?!!!!

I'm defeated. Ordered room service and tried not to look annoyed with my son, and the great use of credits that are being wasted. It's our last day, roll with it Kimberly.

T had Mickey Waffles.
I had Banana Bread French Toast with Bananas Foster sauce. (The first 3 bites were good, but it was way too sweet after that)
The day before we had both ordered Bananas Foster Mickey Waffles at Roaring Fork, I enjoyed that more than the French Toast.

We ate at the table in the room, and then sat on the balcony while I finished my 3rd cup of coffee and T finished his juice.

He had picked out his outfit again, complete with chains and pin. His hair fell within about 5 minutes though.lol

21stamps

Original Poster
I ordered that too at Whispering Canyon last year, and like you loved the first couple of bites, but then hit a sweetness wall not long after.
If I was smart, we would have just walked to WC and asked if we could get in..that way I could have used table service credits..I didn't even think of it at the time. Face palm moment.

I'm the same way at Poly with Tonga Toast..love it, but can only eat a few bites...one of will order the tonga toast, and the other orders the pineapple macadamia pancakes, then we share. We should have just shared the French Toast and not even ordered anything else at WL. Neither one of us came close to finishing our meal.
So, Liitle T. was back?!:D
Ha ha, Yep.

21stamps

Original Poster
Finally exit the room, and T wants to use his last 5 dollars on his game card. Seriously,kid? Come on, it's 9am. I wonder if my smile looked fake to him? Because trust me, it was forced.lol

We go to the stupid game room play a quick game of air hockey and he plays basketball. He rings the bell for then 120,345th time. And then he wants to go in the Mercantile and shop..OMG..I give up and decide to join him in his happiness. Oh well, What are you gonna do?lol. He is struggling with the decision to use his money on these eggs and rocks, because he "wants a souvenir to remember this place forever." But he also wants to shop at MK. He decides to save his money but looks sad. I decide that I will sneak and buy them when we return for the ME.
We make our way to the dock...it's now after 10am.
So much for my perfectly planned last day itinerary.
IMG_8847.JPG
IMG_8851.JPG

MK here we come!!
IMG_8880.JPG

He always has to pose and ask me to take a pic when the monorail is in the background.lol
IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8887.JPG

The launch was a lot faster than I expected. We left the dock and were at the turnstiles in 13 minutes.

21stamps

Original Poster
Last time for Mickey to Mickey :(
IMG_8890.JPG

First up Tomorrowland!

IMG_2005.JPG

Fast Pass 1. T finally gets his much anticipated rematch on Buzz. He is determined to beat me this time.
IMG_8934.JPG

Then he requested Carousel of Progress before our next FP - Space Mountain.
IMG_8942.JPG

I agree to Dab with him.
IMG_0186.JPG

We exit Space Mountain, and stop in the store. He decides to buy a space shuttle with some of his money.

21stamps

Original Poster
MDE says wait time for the Tea Cups is 15 minutes, so we decide to go there.

Horrible photo, but I tried to capture these guys. I love Magic Kingdom!! I don't want to leave!!
IMG_8896.JPG

Can not pick a favorite out of these.. had to include all 3.lol. I'm a photo nut, sorry.
IMG_2006.JPG

Guess what? We used 2 credits!!!
Not quite the monetary value of BOG breakfast, but the Lefou's Brew and pretzel was yummy! It's the first time I had that drink!

IMG_8927.JPG

We didn't get half as many photo Pass pics as last year.. I spot a photog, tell him it's our last day..and ask him to take a few magic shots. He was great!! T's face in our group photo cracks me up.
IMG_2030.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Recently there was a thread on this site regarding Move It Shake It, and how it is a poor show by Disney. Judge me if you want.. but we LOVE it!!!
In this era of formal meet and greets, where else can you dance with these specific characters?! T was shy at first, I forced him to join in.. the kid was on Cloud 9!!!

He's dancing!! In public!! Again!!!
I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

The bottom 2 photos in the first group were an adorable moment. They were giving T a hard time over who was on his pin. :)
IMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG

21stamps

Original Poster
Time to make our way to our final Fast Pass.
Splash Mountain.
IMG_8976.JPG
IMG_8985.JPG
IMG_8989.JPG

T says "Let's cover our faces."
Apparently he just meant for me to cover my face..
IMG_2022.JPG

At least last year we were on the same page.. ha ha The theme of 2015 was peace signs.. I think I liked them better than the dab theme of 2016 ;)
IMG_0190.JPG

We make our way back to Tomorrowland.. T wanted to spend the rest of his gift card at a store there.. and afterwards we will stop at the Main Street Bakery to use up the rest of our credits.
We have-
Quick Service Credits- 2 remaining.
Snack Credits- 4 remaining.
Table Service Credits- 4 remaining.
Oh I feel a little ill just typing that out.
Paid for 3 nights of the DDP. End up with rice crispy treats, cupcakes, and fudge.
Ugh.

Kids and their water addiction..
IMG_9005.JPG

Gift Card finished off.
IMG_9009.JPG

Last Castle photo of the trip. :(
Don't ask me what is going on with all of these hunched shoulder pics..it drove me nuts. Being the Mommy Dearest that I am.. I threatened to make him sit with a book on his head...all day every day, unless he cuts it out. I haven't noticed it since.lol
IMG_2023.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Goodbye Magic Kingdom.
I had tears in my eyes. Even with the change of plans today..it was still perfect.
I hate leaving.
IMG_9017.JPG
IMG_9018.JPG
IMG_9020.JPG
IMG_9022.JPG

Time for a quick stop at the resort store to shop the eggs and rocks.. and then catch the Magical Express to MCO.

....or maybe not....

21stamps

Original Poster
We arrive back at WL. Pick up our Carry On luggage from Bell Services. I ask the CM of T could stay there for 5 minutes while I run to grab something.
Yes, this is the second time a CM has babysat my kid.

I run to the Mercantile. Grabbed a couple of eggs and rocks.. ship them to our home to surprise T in a few days.

Then I go back to the desk to collect my kiddo and leave on the Magical Express.

T has to use the restroom. Ok, but hurry, we have 5 minutes.

He did not hurry. Poor guy, it wasn't his fault his stomach was upset.

He finally is finished and we literally run outside.

The BUS IS PULLING AWAY!!!!!
Literally just started moving.
NOOOOO!!!

Ok, so let me go back to 2015 again.
We did a round trip flight to MCO. Spent 10 days at WDW, then rented a car and spent a week in Key West.
On the way back from KW to Orlando we got stuck in traffic. Not just normal traffic, I left in plenty of time to account for that.
We were at a dead stand still on the Florida Turnpike for 3 hours due to an accident.
We missed our flight by 10 minutes.
I had to pay a hefty fee to leave the next day. Silver lining- 1 more night in Orlando which we spent at Fun Spot.

That ended up being ok. This time it would not be! Kiddo has school tomorrow and we have the last direct flight on Delta of the night!!

I use my Uber app once more and order a car.
Here's something that I noticed- when I first check the price was $55. I received a call and answered it, didn't complete the Uber order. Got off the phone, clicked on Uber app again.. now price is $76?????
Why?!?!

The driver told me that the price changes when they are busier. Hmm, good to know.

We finally get to the airport. Our luggage is on the ME..
Uber driver gets our carry on and Disney bags out of the trunk..

Then he drops the bag with all of the bakery items!!!!
Cupcakes and frosting all over the ground.

Ugh. There goes the rest of my credits :(
I throw the bag full of Bakery goods away, and we head inside.

We have time to eat, my kid chooses Starbucks.lol. He really is my son after all ;)
I really wish I had a flask to add something to my coffee right now..;)..trying to shake off the dropped bag, but all I can do is feel sick about the Dining Plan waste this trip!
IMG_9042.JPG

The Christmas decorations are cheering me up a bit..
IMG_9049.JPG

We made our flight! Things could be worse..
IMG_9051.JPG

MySmallWorldof4

21stamps

Original Poster
T promptly falls asleep on the plane.

IMG_9052.JPG

...and we're back.

IMG_9055.JPG

....Minus one suitcase. :( Delta assures me that they will deliver it to my house within the next 24 hours.
Thank God that I put Luke in my carry on.
I swear I always have some kind of hiccup with Delta...going back 20 years or so..lol.

T falls back asleep on the drive home. Wakes up when we get back, he wants to immediately hang up our gingerbread ornament on the tree. He picks a spot and hangs it.. then he gets ready for bed.
It's very late now and I'm hoping he's ok for school tomorrow.

IMG_9058.JPG

I prepare Luke for the morning, then set him in T's bathroom.

IMG_9059.JPG

Back to reality.
Vacation is over.
Time for sleep and our normal routine in the morning. Who arrives home almost 11pm, after a 9 night vacation, sends their kid to school, and goes to work the next morning?

I do. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom