Trip Report The I'm Ditching the Spreadsheets....an Unrecognizable Trip!

We arrived home around 10pm last night from our Disney vacation. The planning for this trip started in March, but by September it was not even close to the original. So how did it all turn out? Did I make the correct decisions? Was this trip as hectic as the last one? Should I have cancelled so many dining reservations? Did we miss too much because upon arrival I decided to rip up the spread sheets..the same ones that I so painstakingly obsessed over?! I'm thinking about all of this as I am attempting to organize my 609,504,302 photos.

There were a few hiccups, including my Etsy order not arriving in time, sprinting to the Magical Express just as the doors closed, leaving our Elf on the Shelf in the room after check out, getting stuck on a ride, a missing boat captain, broken ornaments, and a horrible 3 hour lunch. All in all it was an amazing trip. I do not regret the decision to change from the original plans, or the second, or the 3rd, or even the plans I had when we were on the plane heading to Orlando. I decided to throw out most of them and take a (semi) wing it approach. :)

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Wow, he is growing taller so quickly! He and my youngest dd are close in age and she couldn't even do Primeval Whirl. She is maybe 44 or 45 inches. But it is all good. Mom is short after all.;)

21stamps

Original Poster
I know you don't like it lol!!! I think it's adorable!

I don't mind seeing it a few times, it's exciting! He's so cute and seems like such a sweet, well mannered, smart little guy! He's a joy to watch grow! :)

Thanks, he has his moments ;). Growing TOO FAST though!!!

I dabbed during my entrance at my sisters wedding lol @21stamps

That is AWESOME!!

Loving the pictures thanks for sharing - I remember taking my nephew to EuronDisney and him being told he couldn't ride BTMRR - big disappointed face - I felt his pain :(. So good he got to ride some of the big ones - he looked like he had a blast

Aww. I know what that's like :(.

He did have a blast.. said he's "saving the 52" bracelet forever." Lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Wow, he is growing taller so quickly! He and my youngest dd are close in age and she couldn't even do Primeval Whirl. She is maybe 44 or 45 inches. But it is all good. Mom is short after all.;)

So quickly!!! I do need to reiterate, he 52 with shoes on.. not barefoot, will be very soon though.

I was looking for my FB post from the Spring.. found it.

I was wrong. ;)

IMG_3081.jpg

21stamps

Original Poster
3 days :hilarious:

You have a really awesome kid on your hands :D

Ha ha.. yep technically we were both wrong ;)

Kids say the funniest things, while being dead serious. Ha ha.

I'm so glad that he's an adrenaline junkie like I am.. but I'm not sure if it's my age now or what, but I actually HATED one of the rides yesterday. Called "Windseeker", it's not a thrill ride, you're just soooo high up! He was loving it.. "woo hoo's" and "look how high we are! This is awesome!!" Putting his hands out like he was flying.. I was clutching the bar in front of me with sweaty palms.. just praying for it to be over. He made fun of me after we got off the ride..I can do coasters and drop towers all day long.. but spinning 301 feet in the air, in a swinging chair, freaked me out.
I don't know what was wrong with me!
IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

becca_

I'm so glad that he's an adrenaline junkie like I am.. but I'm not sure if it's my age now or what, but I actually HATED one of the rides yesterday. Called "Windseeker", it's not a thrill ride, you're just soooo high up! He was loving it.. "woo hoo's" and "look how high we are! This is awesome!!" Putting his hands out like he was flying.. I was clutching the bar in front of me with sweaty palms.. just praying for it to be over. He made fun of me after we got off the ride..I can do coasters and drop towers all day long.. but spinning 301 feet in the air, in a swinging chair, freaked me out.
View attachment 221773

View attachment 221774
I'm the same as you, I love a good thrill ride - give me a roller coaster with inversions, I'm good. But that........ no thanks :eek:

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 221773

View attachment 221774
Me and that would be NEVER!!!:eek::eek:

21stamps

Original Poster
Me and that would be NEVER!!!:eek::eek:

Honestly, I think it's the first time that I've been "afraid" on a ride, as well as disliked a ride. I hated every second of it!!!

I know it's irrational, but my palms were so sweaty and I could barely respond to T when he was yelling to me.
I couldn't even laugh when he screamed "Oh my gosh we are high as heck!!! AS HECK MOM!!" (Apparently "heck" is in the clouds?;) I don't even think I've heard him use that word before, which should have made it more funny)
I even hated the descent back down to ground! Ugh. But he loved it, and wants to "now go on it every time we go!", so I need to figure out a way to get over that weird/scared/hyperventilating feeling quickly.

Courtney6682

Honestly, I think it's the first time that I've been "afraid" on a ride, as well as disliked a ride. I hated every second of it!!!

I know it's irrational, but my palms were so sweaty and I could barely respond to T when he was yelling to me.
I couldn't even laugh when he screamed "Oh my gosh we are high as heck!!! AS HECK MOM!!" (Apparently "heck" is in the clouds?;) I don't even think I've heard him use that word before, which should have made it more funny)
I even hated the descent back down to ground! Ugh. But he loved it, and wants to "now go on it every time we go!", so I need to figure out a way to get over that weird/scared/hyperventilating feeling quickly.

Somehow I missed that pic the other day!! HOLYYYY CRAPPPP! I def couldn't do that...Brook on the other hand would prob ask if she HAD to wear a seat belt;) lol

21stamps

Original Poster
Somehow I missed that pic the other day!! HOLYYYY CRAPPPP! I def couldn't do that...Brook on the other hand would prob ask if she HAD to wear a seat belt;) lol

She is more than welcome to come to Cincy and ride it with T til their hearts are content!!!lol
I'll be content watching from ground level ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom