The Hall of Presidents: Closed for Rehab Starting January 1

I hope that during the refurb they improve the video with something on a theme of freedom, self-reliance, and innovation and update the AAs. I don't think that the story of the Civil War belongs in the Hall of Presidents, even though Lincoln did deal with the greatest controversy of all presidents.

Disneyfanman

You know, as much as that attraction gets bashed, I go almost every time I visit. Nap worthy.....sure, but I really enjoy the patriotism. My kid are split, but they go too. It's one of the things that makes Disney.......Disney. I remember when Bush went in, there were all these rumors of the attraction getting pulled out for something else. As for historical accuracy.......I always thought it was pretty good for what it was. You can't cram too much in. It's a nice "America Kicks A*****" presentation! With all our problems, I'm still glad it's around.

t3techcom18

About time I would say. I haven't been to HOP in ages, but even if, if anyone wants to see an actual good show bout America and its ideals, then just go over to American Adventure. It shouldn't be just a show for patriotism, but eh, that's my thought on it.

I don't know, I've always seen the thing of not wanting to go to HOP for the sole fact that AA just does it 438392 times better than HOP does. At the same time it just feels the same show, just in two different parks. Do I wish they would get rid of it? Not necessarily, but it greatly needs updating.

Annnd twistedmickey, as much as I respect your opinion, don't start that type of topic/comment on here. 1, It's not allowed to talk politics, and 2, it only results in banned members, closed topics, and verbal fist fights. Let's definitely not go there.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hmmm, I give this thread about 1 more hour. :D

I too would like to know the timeframe of the turn around on the new AA for the new president.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do not know how accurate this is and as all things Disney it can change but I have always heard that it takes around 1 to 2 years for a presidential update.

MKCP 1985

Hall of Stitch?

no - Hall of Pixar! :ROFLOL:

oooh. . . . Hall of Disney CEOs! Now THAT's something I'd maybe go see. . . or not. :lookaroun

DisneyDellsDude

There are going to be some significant changes to the show format.
Good to hear!

And for those thinking only one attraction can be down at a time, Disneyland this October is going to have Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion down all during the same week.
I think it's good we're getting some refurbs up on the list!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hmmm, I give this thread about 1 more hour. :D

I too would like to know the timeframe of the turn around on the new AA for the new president.

Back in 2001 it took around 2 - 3 months of the attraction being closed to update it. It was done in 2 phases. The moved Clinton, and added Bush.

This time however, there are more significant changes than just a new AA.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
According to the WDW website, HoP is going to be closed for rehab for all of January and February. The calendar doesn't go past this month so who knows how long this rehab is going to last.

Its expected to reopen just intime for July 4 2009.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I do not know how accurate this is and as all things Disney it can change but I have always heard that it takes around 1 to 2 years for a presidential update.
HUH.

There are going to be some significant changes to the show format.
Well that goes along with one persons format. :lol:

Back in 2001 it took around 2 - 3 months of the attraction being closed to update it. It was done in 2 phases. The moved Clinton, and added Bush.

This time however, there are more significant changes than just a new AA.
Thanks Steve. I cant imagine how many things go into a change like this.

Do they get the actual president to record the audio or a impersonator?

EDIT: Im glad to see everyone is behaving.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
HUH.

The refurb itself does not take 1 to 2 years it takes 1 to 2 years after a new president is elected before we see our new commander in chief in the attraction.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
HUH.

Yes its the real audio from the actual president (wherever possible).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The refurb itself does not take 1 to 2 years it takes 1 to 2 years after a new president is elected before we see our new commander in chief in the attraction.

That's right, last time it took around 11 months or so before Bush was added.

hpyhnt 1000

:lol:

I would think we would have the audio from the actual president. Pres. Clinton and Bush both provided their voices for the show. I think at this point, its becoming kind of a tradition for incoming presidents to leave their mark on the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom