The Force Awakens

MerlinTheGoat

Couple of new 10-15 second teaser clips compiled into one video-

That poster is awesome! You can see some sort of mechanical planet in the background, perhaps either a new type of Death Star or a giant spaceship. That thing in the middle could be a cannon but it actually looks like a rocket engine. Who knows? I'm loving Kylo Ren's design and even his new lightsaber (which has received mixed opinions, i like the design can't wait to see him fight with it). That seems to be Anakin's old lightsaber that Finn is holding, already known from the previous trailer. I'm guessing Rey is force sensitive as many have speculated, will be nice to see a powerful girl jedi.

I hope there's at least one really good and well choreographed lightsaber duel in this (which is one thing even the prequels had). I want to see Kylo Ren in action and also see what the new heroes can do as well. I also hope JJ can keep the "shaky cam" cinematography away as well, i've noticed many of his movies have camera work that can occasionally resemble "found footage" shakiness and zooming and I don't want that in Star Wars (as a fan himself I hope he realizes this and knows how to approach the camera work). I'm really excited for this, hope it's good!

They've really keep the plot details under wrap, i've no idea what to expect beyond rumors of supposedly "leaked scripts" (which may or may not be accurate, hope not as i want this to be a surprise).

There's only one way I'm seeing this beauty when it comes out. And that is with a pair of 3D glasses on, sitting toward the front (not all the way, but close) in an IMAX theater, and with a big emotional grin from ear-to-ear. :D
I don't think this movie was filmed in 3D, so unfortunately it was probably converted in post (which tends to create very poor looking 3D effects). Also, only one scene was actually shot in IMAX apparently, though seeing the regular film on such a huge screen would still be one heck of an experience.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Couple of new 10-15 second teaser clips compiled into one video-

That poster is awesome! You can see some sort of mechanical planet in the background, perhaps either a new type of Death Star or a giant spaceship. That thing in the middle could be a cannon but it actually looks like a rocket engine. Who knows? I'm loving Kylo Ren's design and even his new lightsaber (which has received mixed opinions, i like the design can't wait to see him fight with it). That seems to be Anakin's old lightsaber that Finn is holding, already known from the previous trailer. I'm guessing Rey is force sensitive as many have speculated, will be nice to see a powerful girl jedi.

I hope there's at least one really good and well choreographed lightsaber duel in this (which is one thing even the prequels had). I want to see Kylo Ren in action and also see what the new heroes can do as well. I also hope JJ can keep the "shaky cam" cinematography away as well, i've noticed many of his movies have camera work that can occasionally resemble "found footage" shakiness and zooming and I don't want that in Star Wars (as a fan himself I hope he realizes this and knows how to approach the camera work). I'm really excited for this, hope it's good!

They've really keep the plot details under wrap, i've no idea what to expect beyond rumors of supposedly "leaked scripts" (which may or may not be accurate, hope not as i want this to be a surprise).

I don't think this movie was filmed in 3D, so unfortunately it was probably converted in post (which tends to create very poor looking 3D effects). Also, only one scene was actually shot in IMAX apparently, though seeing the regular film on such a huge screen would still be one heck of an experience.

I wonder if this is Lupita Nyong'o's character?

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom