The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

It's actually a stage play, not a screenplay. I believe she was approached by the playwright and after discussions agreed to let him pen the script. She worked with him to develop the story (which she said should be considered canon). What should be noted is that yes, there is demand for more Potter. In fact, the play sold out its initial run in less than 8 hours, so an extension was added at the end of the first day of sales which also promptly sold out. The most recent ticket release sold out in less than 12 hours, and the published script is the best selling book of the year, the second fastest selling book since the last Harry Potter novel, and tickets to the live performance in London are selling on secondary sales websites for upwards of $8,000. So yes, there is huge demand for more Potter.
I still laugh at those who claim that "Potter" as no lasting value compared to.. Star Wars or similar.. lol

Cesar R M

Whelp, we booked the flights from San Diego out. My friend's goes home and mine goes to Orlando. My dad had originally booked a flight from Baltimore to Orlando, so I just changed the flight to be from San Diego. It just cost $40 since the other flight was booked on rapid rewards points.

And...this is even better...we booked the hotel! We got the Marriott across the street from Disneyland. Guess how much? Guess. I'll wait...

$191. My friend's grandmother has Marriott rewards points that she's letting us use. We ended up getting a really great deal. We were debating whether or not to go to Blue Bayou because of cost. I think we can swing it now.

So now we just have to book the flight to LAX, the hotel in San Diego, and the rental car. It's all coming together. :D
daaaaamn, im darn envious now! D:

Songbird76

It's actually a stage play, not a screenplay. I believe she was approached by the playwright and after discussions agreed to let him pen the script. She worked with him to develop the story (which she said should be considered canon). What should be noted is that yes, there is demand for more Potter. In fact, the play sold out its initial run in less than 8 hours, so an extension was added at the end of the first day of sales which also promptly sold out. The most recent ticket release sold out in less than 12 hours, and the published script is the best selling book of the year, the second fastest selling book since the last Harry Potter novel, and tickets to the live performance in London are selling on secondary sales websites for upwards of $8,000. So yes, there is huge demand for more Potter.
Sorry...got my terminology mixed up. I knew it wasn't a screenplay, but I didn't know what else to call it. What I read was that she said somewhere in an interview that he was the only person she would have trusted with the script. But my understanding is that it's HER story, but in his words. I haven't read it yet. I'm a huge HP fan, but I was at Disney when it came out and I'm reading the Outlander series right now, which is HUGEMUNGOUS, so I haven't gotten to this. But my friends who have read it have said it's great, but you can't think of it as a Harry Potter book, because it's really not.

Goofyernmost

I dont know but I laugh very hard at these comics, I always see them near my birthday.
like this one too..
l1sjnJZ.jpg
At a certain age, that is beyond creepy and closer to factual. Laugh while you can! ;):joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Whelp, we booked the flights from San Diego out. My friend's goes home and mine goes to Orlando. My dad had originally booked a flight from Baltimore to Orlando, so I just changed the flight to be from San Diego. It just cost $40 since the other flight was booked on rapid rewards points.

And...this is even better...we booked the hotel! We got the Marriott across the street from Disneyland. Guess how much? Guess. I'll wait...

$191. My friend's grandmother has Marriott rewards points that she's letting us use. We ended up getting a really great deal. We were debating whether or not to go to Blue Bayou because of cost. I think we can swing it now.

So now we just have to book the flight to LAX, the hotel in San Diego, and the rental car. It's all coming together. :D

Sounds like you got a great deal, you are going to have a blast!

Goofyernmost

This forum used and still blocks a lot of silly words that arent even insults.
Not here, but, since this board originates in the UK, some of those words that are blocked are less then desirable words in the UK. Since they cannot be expected to monitor the site 24/7 they have to have some safeguards built in.

We are supposed to be a sophisticated grouping and that should eliminate the need for words that might offend someone. The software cannot distinguish between "Bad" words and proper names without actually understanding language, which is complex. So when we are allowed to alter words in the appropriate venue and topic, such as D ick van D yke that means that the owners do realize that it isn't being used in a derogatory manner. If it were, they would be starred out and we would be soundly reprimanded. Tolerance for other cultures and not building a wall are in order here.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom