The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
DWifey likes all dogs, but, she definitely prefers larger ones. We've only ever owned Goldens, Labs, shepherds, or some mix thereof. :)

We've only had large dogs too, Shepard, retrievers and a lab. We had a cute black and white springier spaniel that we lost to Parvo disease when she was only a couple months old, prior to there being a vaccination.

Jethro my first boy dog & a golden, I adopted when he was 4 months old from a family who couldn't care for him suddenly. He was my Pup that followed me everywhere and I mean everywhere I went. Think he was just so thankful to be able run and play. Loyal Pup.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

Well, that's not so bad, then. :)
I would never want to live where it snows so much, so often.
Then, of course, many folks wouldn't want to live down here with so many consecutive days of 100+ degree heat during the summer, either. :confused:
It's all relative...! :)

True, that heat and humidity will take some getting use to. I'm willing to give it try, just a different coast.

Did you get any of the rain from the icky Houston storms?

Goofyernmost

Actually, one of my favorite hot dogs is a chili cheese dog with mustard and onions. We make them at home. :hungry:
That bein' said, I can eat a good hot dog on nothin' but a plain, fresh bun, as well. :)
As I've posted before, no ketchup on my dogs.
Although, DWifey does like ketchup on hers, and I will finish hers if she can't...! :D
When I was growing up in upper, upper NY state, the drive in's featured Michigan Red Hots. There was one, Nitzi's Red Hots, directly across the road from my house and probably heavily responsible for my life long weight problem.

Everyone one had a slightly different recipe for the sauce and the one near me had the best. First he bought special baked (by a local bakery) un-split hot dog buns (square shape not rounded) those were steamed to perfection. He would then take his knife and make a slit along the side not on the top. The hot dogs were boiled and placed in the bun. The sauce was so flavorful with just a little bit of chili spice, not over powering and then diced onions if you wanted them and one thin strip of yellow mustard. If you asked for the onions to be buried, he would put them in before the hot dog which made it slightly less messy to eat. They were to die for. Or with today's calorie police it would be stated that "they were to die from". The sauce was perfect, not to wet, not to dry. Presentation was wonderful, just like a little boat with sauce on it. Years later just typing this, I can taste them. Sadly when Mr. Nitzi died, the recipe went with him.

I love Red Lobster Biscuits too. They sell the mix for them at Sam's Club.

I rarely go to Red Lobster as they are too expensive for the quality these days. I use to love to go there when they had some real good choices of fresh fish. Now it is more the cheaper fish at high end prices.
Wal Mart sells individual boxes of Red Lobster Biscuits, too!

Probably Canadian Igloo dwellers!

donaldtoo

Uh oh, not sure I could eat those eggs.

Either with or without ketchup. :hilarious:

How about this peanut butter cookie...? o_O

catsup-face.jpg

:D ;) :)

StarWarsGirl

From a marketing standpoint, yes everyone buys toilet paper, but brands want to differentiate themselves so that people will buy their toilet paper over another brand, so they advertise so that people know their brand is different (even though there's not really much of a difference).

And clearly I have spent too much time in marketing classes since I can no longer take a joke:rolleyes::p

Goofyernmost

From a marketing standpoint, yes everyone buys toilet paper, but brands want to differentiate themselves so that people will buy their toilet paper over another brand, so they advertise so that people know their brand is different (even though there's not really much of a difference).

And clearly I have spent too much time in marketing classes since I can no longer take a joke:rolleyes::p
Well, one does have to keep pace with the ever changing world of tushy tissue! Just don't squeeze the Charmin!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Now I am sad. So sad, I nearly cried.

Adopted Son went out for dinner with his dad, in advance of his birthday on the 28th.
His dad bought him a card and enclosed $50 and a $25 GC for the Beer Store.

I asked him how many times he has seen his dad since he moved in here in September.
He answered that this was the first time since he and his dad got turfed by the GF - with whom he reunited two months later.

Here's the sad part. That was 20 freakin' months ago!

20 freakin' months ago!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The same can be said about food. who's not buying food...? o_O
The "rub" is, more than one company is vying for the sales...!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

That's it. No more jokes for you!

Gabe1

I find it interesting that you guys from the norther north america, put very little to your hotdogs.

I was surprised how "empty" the hotdogs were in WDW (except for the chili version)

Here in my country, they even set "buffet" like of additional toppings.. from smashed fried potatos ( aka potato chips from a bag crushed), and all kind of toppings (onions, jalapeños, fried stuff, melted cheeses.etc..)

Most americans I know, say they only put (at most) yellow cheese and mustard. :eek:
Me in the other hand, put cream, Mayo, Mustard, Cheese, Jalapeños, Onion, little bit of chopped tomatoes and sometimes bacon.

Oh you have to visit Chicago sometime and you will take that back Sir!
20130506-250812-staff-picks-favorite-hot-dog-chicago-main.jpg

I grew up about 20 minutes away from this place and one night last summer my DD told her friends she had never been to Gene & Jude's (a crime.) They came that night and kidnapped her and off they went. By the way Gene & Jude's does not have ketchup. The McDonalds next door sells ketchup though at 25 cents a pouch.

20130429-250193-gene-and-judes-flood-rebuilding.jpg

VvrcFpuVCzPCTswLHxIHvFASF0GjD9_V0aY1L93LJp1iPXM2o9PSn2ZyHpif7U_SISo1INLgEuaLZYEasr0pqOQ=s320-c-e365

Me I am a bit of a radical, I omit the relish and stick just to the real Kosher Pickle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom