The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ok, here is a nature question for you. A bird has built its nest in the area right near where our front door opens. We use this as our primary door for entering the house, so this could pose a problem. I didn't notice it yesterday so I doubt there are eggs in it yet. Should I knock it down or let it stay and see what happens?

If it is new I'd knock it down. I had this issue with a downspout area near a door. I wedged a piece of florist foam brick in there until nesting season was over.

MOXOMUMD

Our Dr. Seuss breakfast entrees.

lido-green-eggs-ham.jpg SeussBreakfast6.jpg

The "dessert" portion of the meal was called Yogurt Parfait Schlopp. There were two varities: strawberry and a kiwi/melon blend but after we had eaten all our other meal we couldn't even think about adding the parfait to our belly. :joyfull:

image8.jpg image7.jpg

The other nifty item included in the meal was a free autograph brochure and the character helpers stamped them when they visited you. :) All the wait staff were wearing Thing 99 shirts too and they played music from the many Dr. Seuss productions over the years. We left with smiles on our faces and went to enjoy our last day at sea.

donaldtoo

Actually, not quite so dramatic as that, but apparently they're getting closer to a car with (something like the same lift technology) as a Harrier jump jet. I think the (shorter) wings fold into the car and then pop out when needed. The concept (like a Harrier) is to lift up from the street, thereby eliminating the need for roll-out to obtain lift. It will be interesting to see what kind of license would be required for one of these (a modified private pilot's license perhaps), but I'm getting ahead of myself here. I do believe in our lifetime, we will see something along these lines become a reality. (My major concern would be the idiots who think they could still manage to text while driving/lifting into the air?! :rolleyes: :eek: )

Do tell.
Thrust vectoring of Jets/turbofans, or rotors/props? Sounds like my long-sought-after hovercar isn't as far off as I thought it might be. ;) :)
But, ultimately, along with the stupidity you mentioned, too many people have a hard enough time navigating a fixed roadway up, down, left, or right, much less a "skyway" were there is no clearly marked path, as such... :eek: :confused:

Gabe1

Yeah, but like I think Gabe posted it is supposed to cool down here after tomorrow. Maybe even a chance of snow on Tuesday! :mad:

It best not snow, I put all the shovels away last week. This morning the lawnmower moved forward and the two snowblowers had their fuel run out of them and are stacked in the back of the garage. I'm done with snow if it snows or not.

So pretty pretty. Are those the grocery store ones that look like masterpieces? Puts Disney pastry to shame.

I love those biscuits! We only go there for the never ending shrimp when they have it and that's rare. The closest Joe's to us closed many years ago and Applebee's moved in.

I love Red Lobster Biscuits too. They sell the mix for them at Sam's Club.

I rarely go to Red Lobster as they are too expensive for the quality these days. I use to love to go there when they had some real good choices of fresh fish. Now it is more the cheaper fish at high end prices.

Gabe1

View attachment 90192 View attachment 90193

The "dessert" portion of the meal was called Yogurt Parfait Schlopp. There were two varities: strawberry and a kiwi/melon blend but after we had eaten all our other meal we couldn't even think about adding the parfait to our belly. :joyfull:

View attachment 90194 View attachment 90195

The other nifty item included in the meal was a free autograph brochure and the character helpers stamped them when they visited you. :) All the wait staff were wearing Thing 99 shirts too and they played music from the many Dr. Seuss productions over the years. We left with smiles on our faces and went to enjoy our last day at sea.

So coooool! I texted my DS and asked him if he did this too, he said he didn't think it was a choice....or he wasn't finding his inner child, likely choice #2.

StarWarsGirl

I have six Timex watches, all in the same price range (some were on sale at that price). They range from classy to very sporty, and I have them in all colors. ;)
I got this one not too long ago. I love it. It's so comfortable. I haven't worn a watch in years, but have started wearing this one to school. Basically, once I got a cell phone, I stopped wearing a watch and started checking time on it, but now I've started again. I'm weird though; sometimes I forget the watch is on my wrist and check my cell anyway.:jawdrop:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K6PI9Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another way in which I'm weird: I'm right handed, but cannot stand to have a watch on my left wrist. I wear my MB on that wrist, but watches are uncomfortable on that wrist. I feel like it's pressing on a nerve. I wore my watch on my left wrist the day after I bought it, and all of the sudden, my wrist started hurting so badly that I had to get the watch off my wrist. I now wear it on my right wrist and it's fine. Bracelets are fine on my left wrist, just not my watch. Like I said, I'm weird.:rolleyes:

donaldtoo

When I finally put the last of the Christmas stuff away, I just assumed that the Japanese cherry blossom light would go back down to the living room.
Hubby said Nuh-uh, he likes it better in the bedroom. He says it lights up the whole room when he is coming up the stairs.
For a guy who has zero interest in decorating, and who never even asked me what I was doing when he came home from work one day to find the kitchen half-demo'ed, he's pretty opinionated about this light. :hilarious:

View attachment 90150
View attachment 90151
View attachment 90152

Woof, I meant to respond to this post after liking it, but, got distracted. It's the weekend... :confused:

Anyway, I too am a big fan of creative lighting, and love that piece. :)
The books I have about Disney Imagineering have some cool stuff in them about the Imagineers that do the lighting. :)

donaldtoo

After seeing those donuts, I'm craving one now--but let me tell you, it won't be nearly as awesome as the donuts Jennifer picks up at her grocery store! I wish her store wasn't so far away from where I live!!

And, yet again, I hafta' throw in my plug for what I think are the most awesome donuts on the planet, Round Rock Donuts...

8092569212_54396e86b0.jpg

These things are beyond delectable :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:, and they were also featured in the Man vs. Food Juan in a Million Don Juan breakfast taco challenge.
This video's kinda' corny, but, the donuts are to LIVE for...!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

FutureCEO

Our last full day of the cruise I felt 100% better. (Once home I developed a bit of swimmer's ear so that must have been the onset.)

View attachment 90180 We had to be up early for the Dr. Seuss Character breakfast that was held in the Sapphire restaurant. :geek: Two opportunties each day were held and limited to about 100 guests so you could enjoy the characters more. In attendance were Thing 1, Thing 2, Cat in the Hat and Sam I Am.

View attachment 90181

Entering the restaurant the first thing to catch your eye is a huge Cat ice sculpture. The tables are also decorated in what I consider to be very Seuss colors. The menu was even printed in Seuss rhyme with his characters.

View attachment 90184 View attachment 90185

Things 1&2 and Sam come to your table during the meal while Cat has his own area because he is so tall. (My daughter is 4'10" and he towered over her. :cat: ) The meal starts with Moose Juice (orange juice) and a basket of breakfast pastries. (I may have eaten both croissants. :oops: ) Our entrees were Truffula Tree Pancakes and Green Eggs and Ham! :hungry: I'm not sure why they chose to call them truffula trees because they look like Cat's hat. The "green eggs" were scrambled and delicious.

(Not sure why I can't post another picture but :brb: )

*Runs Away*

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

View attachment 90192 View attachment 90193

View attachment 90194 View attachment 90195

Uh oh, not sure I could eat those eggs.

Either with or without ketchup. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom