The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, one does have to keep pace with the ever changing world of tushy tissue! Just don't squeeze the Charmin!

He was a hoot!

1349345868_charmin.jpg

Cesar R M

That reminds me a little of one of my bosses at work. She's brilliant at everything, but for some odd reason, she's uncomfortable replacing the toner cartridge (you just pull out the old one, and snap in a new one). I always keep a few boxes nearby the printers. If the toner needs replacing, she'll stare at the (unopened) toner box and then ask me if I can "help her" with the toner! :hilarious: She has a PhD by the way . . . and an MBA.
This is actually pretty usual for almost every single person in the world.
There is something that just causes our brain to "shut down". We will hesitate, stutter and be unable to understand the real thing behind that action.
Me for example, I have a lot of difficulty in geometry and advanced 3d stuff, like 3d modeling in a computer.. my brain would just shutdown and I cant think what to do to even render something more complex than a teacup.

Funny that I'm kinda good doing 3d maps, in game engines (hammer editor..etc..).

Cesar R M

Our last full day of the cruise I felt 100% better. (Once home I developed a bit of swimmer's ear so that must have been the onset.)

View attachment 90180 We had to be up early for the Dr. Seuss Character breakfast that was held in the Sapphire restaurant. :geek: Two opportunties each day were held and limited to about 100 guests so you could enjoy the characters more. In attendance were Thing 1, Thing 2, Cat in the Hat and Sam I Am.

View attachment 90181

Entering the restaurant the first thing to catch your eye is a huge Cat ice sculpture. The tables are also decorated in what I consider to be very Seuss colors. The menu was even printed in Seuss rhyme with his characters.

View attachment 90184 View attachment 90185

Things 1&2 and Sam come to your table during the meal while Cat has his own area because he is so tall. (My daughter is 4'10" and he towered over her. :cat: ) The meal starts with Moose Juice (orange juice) and a basket of breakfast pastries. (I may have eaten both croissants. :oops: ) Our entrees were Truffula Tree Pancakes and Green Eggs and Ham! :hungry: I'm not sure why they chose to call them truffula trees because they look like Cat's hat. The "green eggs" were scrambled and delicious.

(Not sure why I can't post another picture but :brb: )
you need to watch the lorax to understand the truffula thing :p.

MOXOMUMD

After our breakfast we decided to take one more glance through the gift shops. I bought two more shirts and a travel mug for myself and my daughter bought some Dr. Seuss pencils, a sharpener and a magnet. :) One store was having a special jewelry/accessory sale buy three/get one free and the older ladies were snapping them up. (Somehow I don't think they were souvenirs for the family. :D )

We needed to get our suitcases packed but decided we were suffering from "packing procrastination" as we call it. If you're packing up that means your trip is coming to a close and we were trying to not face reality. ;) If you opt to use the steward service (and not carry all your own luggage off the ship--that was not happening!) you are to put your luggage outside your room by 10:30 p.m. and they come with carts and pick them up. Then you retrieve them the next morning when you are off the ship at customs. With our dinner being at 8:15 p.m., we knew we had to have them done early. Did we pack when we should have? No. :p We went to the Thrill Theater!

After one last time being sprayed with water, bumped around and blasted with cool air (I will miss the 4-D experience :( ) we went to the sports deck one more time. Unfortunately many people had the same idea. :grumpy: My daughter and a friend played minigolf and foosball while we people watched. Really I was just soaking in the sun and trying to stay awake. :oops:

The rumbly in the tummy soon started and it was time to visit Fat Jimmy's BBQ which is only open for a few hours on sea days so if you snooze you lose. Time for me to not snooze! They have quite a selection and we filled our plate with a little of everything: pulled pork, kielbasa, Italian sausage, boneless chicken br east, cornbread, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, creamed corn and grilled veggies. :hungry:

meat-eaters-rejoice.jpg

While eating we were able to sit in on a few rounds of "General Trivia" but didn't do so well. We decided that our attention was more on our delicious bbq than thinking at the moment. (At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :angelic:) Soon after it was time to overcome our packing procrastination before a last swim. I was proud of myself I got it all done. Why does it take forever to pack for a trip but when you are coming home it breezes by? o_O

We spent the next several hours at the pool and lounging. Funny story about the smoking guy. While my daughter and friend were in the pool, I told my other friend I was going to get a pop. When I came back he had sat on the lounger right beside us. :bored: Out of all the empty chairs! So we ignored him to best of our ability until his wife came to ask why he had moved so far away from her chair and he left. I was just thinking then "I hope they're not on their honeymoon!" :hilarious:

Cesar R M

From a marketing standpoint, yes everyone buys toilet paper, but brands want to differentiate themselves so that people will buy their toilet paper over another brand, so they advertise so that people know their brand is different (even though there's not really much of a difference).

And clearly I have spent too much time in marketing classes since I can no longer take a joke:rolleyes::p
Agree, but also all brands have different price points and quality.
I cant stand the cheap walmart type that just ends giving you rashes :hilarious:

Jumbo ultra soft (from Charmin) for my gorgeous delicate tusshy. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Now I am sad. So sad, I nearly cried.

Adopted Son went out for dinner with his dad, in advance of his birthday on the 28th.
His dad bought him a card and enclosed $50 and a $25 GC for the Beer Store.

I asked him how many times he has seen his dad since he moved in here in September.
He answered that this was the first time since he and his dad got turfed by the GF - with whom he reunited two months later.

Here's the sad part. That was 20 freakin' months ago!

20 freakin' months ago!

Sympathy like, like I've said before I am a teacher and unfortunately I've seen too many kids with deadbeat parents. I don't know the whole situation but it sounds your Adopted Son is very lucky that your family has come along to care for him. Hopefully with your care he will get out of the lifestyle/mindset his "dad" might be in.

Progress.City

Also, an update to my Israel move... Still waiting on my application to be approved. I called them last week in Miami to see what's going on and they advised me that they needed a detailed plan on where I was going to live and work. I got my mom's cousin who lives there to write them a letter saying I am welcome to live there with them in their home in Netanya and I wrote them a letter saying I planned to make work arrangements once I am there. Still nothing. I'll call again next week to see if that sufficient. It stinks having my hands tied not knowing when my flight is... Ugh...

StarWarsGirl

Some Boys just remain Boys. :mad:
They were both driving me crazy. In the hallway of our house, we have a big window and a ledge where you can put trees, ornaments, and such in front of the window. Dad was up there cleaning...and getting annoyed with me for standing there watching him. Given that the man fell off a ladder in that hallway when I was four, I think my concern was justified. Not to mention that he was up there in socks and leaning over with the Swiffer. He looked like he could fall off. But he was annoyed with me for insisting I watch him do it (and telling him to be careful).

Then later, I brought my brother out his lunch and set it down on the table. I set it down where I normally sit for dinner, which I think is a more comfortable chair. My brother made me move it to his spot. I swear it's like living with Sheldon.

My mom had some of her friends over later. I was glad to hang around them in order to get some estrogen.

The fact that they brought wine was just a bonus. :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom