Team ImageWorks - Frontierland

Spike-in-Berlin

Queing Area

This area looks pretty much like the queing area of BTMR, with the only major difference being, that we pass an office room with cut-out articles of newspapers that tell us something about the background. At the entrance the guests encounter the AA of a very old indian medicine man, Sun shines after Storm, who warns the guests:
"White man has attacked mother nature and wounded her and my people and we took revenge. I warn you, stay away from the mountain white man calls "Avalanche Peak"

The Ride

First the train leaves the loading zone and rolls through a tunnel that leads out of the ride building. The train rolls along the western shores of Glacier Bay and heads towards a valley that is visible in the north, finally the train rolls into the valley and out of the sight of the people watching it from the south of Glacier Bay. A sophisticated AA of Sun shines after the Storm, the medicine man, the guests encountered in the cueing area, stands at the side of the track in a small glade and looks and beckons towards the guests in a sad, dunning gesture. He warned them. The ride has lasted for 30 seconds when it reaches this position.
At the beginning of the valley the first climb of the coaster begins, its a more smooth climb that leads through a beautiful yet desolate valley with evergreen trees. We see AAs of a bellowing moose and other smaller animals but at the end of the climb for the first time the ride turns a little darker and more scary. A huge kodiak bear, easily more than 9 feet high stands on it’s hindpaws and growls and moves his claws menacingly towards the train. But before he can attack the guests the train runs into a tunnel. After a short way, the train again goes outdoor, but this time its in a deep chasm. Only high above them is the sky visible, to the left and right side, there are high rock faces, with very small space for the trains track to run. The train is still climbing and finally, at the end of the chasm, seemingly high in the mountains, it runs over a bridge. A roaring creek runs under the bridge and down the rapids. The bridge is very delapitated looking and actually begins to creak and shake when the trains runs over it, it seems to be on the brink on collapsing. After the crossed the nearly collapsing bridge the guests go again through a tunnel but only for a few more seconds. Mist in the tunnel prevents them from looking back when they finally enter a hidden valley high up in the mountains, with a thick snow layer. The ride took another 30 seconds to get to this position

There is no possibility to look out of the valley or to see any elements outside, because the valley is surrounded by the flanks of Avalanche Peak. The summit appears much nearer now but due to the used forced perspective it still looks as if it would be high above the tracks. There are evergreen trees in the valley but they look more spooky and wild than those in the lower valley and are actually artificial, in opposite to those in the lower valley.
Suddenly the guests hear from behind the trees a terrifying howl. The howl of the Wendigo. The ride took ten seconds to get here from the last position mentioned.

Under the snow they can see the remains of a human corpse, the bones of the prospector who was killed by the Wendigo. Straight ahead they see behind a curve another tunnel entrance. He really didn’t make it very far. To the left of the mine entrance there are the ruins of a small wooden hut that was destroyed by some savage creature as the marks of claws in the wood show.
With the howl of the Wendigo the train has reached the first lower peak of the ride and now begins to descend, it runs down faster and faster, approaching the tunnel entrance and finally enters the Avalanche Peak Gold Mine, as a deteriorated wooden sign states above the tunnel entrance. The train now runs at high speed through the first section of the mine. The train runs next through a big cave, with lots of bats and approaches a sign that reads “Danger! Do not enter!”, the sign is tossed by side by the train which enters a cavern where we see among other things the skeleton of the miner, the pick-axe, used by the prospector to murder him, still sticking in its backbone. The ride took another 25 seconds until here.
After being confronted with the remains of the victim, the train slows down and running trough another adit of the mine the guests see for the first time the glowing ghost of the prospector. He knows that they know now and he won’t let them get away to tell their story.
The train begins it’s second climb (at this section the train is under the ground level of the ride building), the major one. The track leads out of the mine again or at least this it what it seems like because this section of the ride is INSIDE the building, although it looks like being outdoors. The train climbs along the flanks of the with artificial sky and clouds, and climbing up a gallery, with the flanks of the mountain on one side and a seemingly bottomless abyss on the other side. Several effects, artificial mist, forced perspective painting and landscaping, mirrors and other elements, create the illusion, that the abyss is at least twothousand feet deep!
Suddenly above the flanks of the peak they see the ghost of the prospector. He laughs in an evil and menacing tone, shouts “You won’t live to get away and tell your story! This mountain will be your cold grave” and suddenly there is an explosion. The explosion triggers an avalanche that comes thundering down the flanks of the mountain towards the still climbing.
I admit I don’t know exactly how this effect with the avalanche could be created for a ride, meaning it would have to be repeated every 25 to 40 seconds but I have some ideas how it could be delivered, after all its INSIDE a building and as they say at WDI, “There is no such thing as a bad idea” and “We don’t talk about “why not”.
Just before the avalanche reaches the train and pushes it into the abyss it reaches the next adit of the mine and climbs into safety. The ride took another 25 seconds until here, with the avalanche effect lasting about 10 seconds.
After the train entered the next adit it runs through a very narrow section of the mine and straight ahead, standing on the tracks they see the ghost of the miner waving them to follow him but also warning them “Beware of the Wendigo!”. This effect is established in the same technique that is used for the Davy Jones scene in PotC. After running through the ghost of the miner the train begins its second and major descend. This time mostly through dark caverns and mine passages, no one has been in this part of the mine since both owners deceased and it was plunged into darkness. This descend is the fastest part of the ride and lasts about 25 seconds with a corkscrew section and more gs than the other parts of the ride.
Finally the train runs still at high speed through a very dark and forbiddding looking wood where the guests finally see the Wendigo, a very sophisticated AA, 15 feet high, that lingers behind the trees and is only partially visible but what you see is enough, a terrifying demonic creature, a hybrid between a werewolve, a devil and a savage animal. It threatens the guests with its claw like arms and again we hear the howl of the wendigo but this time we see the ghost of the miner who beckons the guests into a last tunnel. The train runs through a wide section of the mine and the guests see the ghost of the prospector a last time. “This time there will be no escape!” he threatens the guests and holds another dynamite stick in his hand but before the can throw it towards the guests the miners ghost attacks him and triggers the explosion to soon. The blast opens a last cave and the train with the guests runs through a cavern where they see ore veins of gold all along the walls of the cavern. They finally found the new deposit. The train runs out of the cavern and out of the ride building, but before the train arrives outside the miners ghost waves goodbye to the guests. Until here the ride took another 25 seconds.

The train does a sharp turn to the right, rolling along the base of Avalance Peak at moderate speed. It passes behind a gold panning installation (where guests can gold pan for fake nuggets in the creek they crossed on the bridge), runs back into the mining building and comes to a halt in the loading zone. The entire ride took 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

The guests leave to the right while new passengers enter from the left.
From the loading zone a walk looking like a mine tunnel brings the guests to the east side of the ride building where they finally reenter Klondike Square near the gold panners.

Illumination

Original Poster
Woah, slow down for just a second. Are we done with Frontierland? If so we need to officially submit it. I don't think we're supposed to work on Fantasy and Main Street until we're given the go ahead.

Spike-in-Berlin

Woah, slow down for just a second. Are we done with Frontierland? If so we need to officially submit it. I don't think we're supposed to work on Fantasy and Main Street until we're given the go ahead.

We don't? I thought it was alreasy given on the LoD.main-thread.
And I think we are finished with Frontierland or is anything missing?

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^It was given to the teams who were finished. The Future Corps don't just want to sit around until you guys are done with your project. :wave:

While you can't work ahead until you're done here, what I would suggest is for this group to work backwards, since you have some catching up to do. Team Communicore on VisionsFantastic.com just bumped all of the threads for each of their lands, and they created a new thread for their whole park. You would be wise to do the same, since this team was created pretty late in the game.

---TrevorA

Illumination

Original Poster
I apologize, I've been pretty busy. I've got a new job and it's claiming a huge amount of my time. We have everything we need in this thread, if someone could just copy and paste it all into the entry thread.

On top of it all, now Tropical Storm Bonnie is heading my way, which will make tomorrow oh so much fun. If we lose power, I may be absent for a few days. If we don't, well, I will try to get on every night for an hour or so.

Spike-in-Berlin

I apologize, I've been pretty busy. I've got a new job and it's claiming a huge amount of my time. We have everything we need in this thread, if someone could just copy and paste it all into the entry thread.

On top of it all, now Tropical Storm Bonnie is heading my way, which will make tomorrow oh so much fun. If we lose power, I may be absent for a few days. If we don't, well, I will try to get on every night for an hour or so.

There is a Tropical Storm hitting Florida? Which region?

Spike-in-Berlin

OK i did it, I submitted our Frontierland with some additional explanations (location, size, where lie the major attractions) Illuminations I hope you appreciate the name I gave your island, I called it Golddiggers Island. If you want to change the name please tell me.

So what's next?

JohnLocke

OK i did it, I submitted our Frontierland with some additional explanations (location, size, where lie the major attractions) Illuminations I hope you appreciate the name I gave your island, I called it Golddiggers Island. If you want to change the name please tell me.

So what's next?

I think we start work on Fantasyland now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom