Team ImageWorks - Frontierland

Illumination

Original Poster
Hey new team mates! I've been lurking this competition for some time now and am delighted to have an opportunity to join in. We're working on Frontierland now, as I understand it, and we have ALOT of work to do to catch up to everyone. Let's get started!

Frontierland

Re-Imagined Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue
1 Quick Service Restaurant
2 Shops
2 Meet & Greets
Secret Project - ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, so, a land that celebrates the spirit of the west, huh? And a re-imagined Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue as well. To be honest, I haven't been to the Revue in, well, a long time. So I'm going to go surf youtube to see what it is now. As for the land itself, well, I have a few ideas.

We'll definitely need a couple of good E-tickets here. MK's frontierland is super popular thanks to Thunder and Splash. Maybe a coaster based on the creation of the Transcontinental Railroad? I think we should keep TSI, but instead make it more of a wild west gold town, with some caves of gold, a mining camp, lots of trees, rocks, streams, etc. I dunno.

Do we need a table service restaurant too? Cause we could come up with a western themed one.

adv.bluedude

I was thinking that maybe we could theme the whole area of frontierland to Rainbow Ridge from Mine Train thru Natures Wonderland. It would give the town a bit more backstory than the other frontierlands

Illumination

Original Poster
That's a good idea. MK's frontierland does seem to lack any good story to it. Hmmm, what attractions are we talking here? Do we clone Splash? It's a fairly classic frontierland ride. Maybe re-imagine thunder somehow? I think we need some more attractions.

Maybe a B/C ticket ride to make it more kid friendly? What if we did a "cattle drive" type ride? Have it be a ride system like Winnie the Pooh with little wagons instead of honey pots. Riders would start at a ranch and be asked to drive the cattle. They could feel the wagon bounce as they pass perilous canyons, they would see a room of stars and night-time scenes complete with glowing eyes of predators. They could be spun a round a bit as a dust storm threatens them. They would have to face rustlers and would end the ride by safely bringing the cattle to a different ranch, and would be greeted as true cowboys and girls of the west. It needs some smoothing out. What do you all think?

What about our meet & greets? All I can think of would be woody/jessie/stinky pete/bullseye for western characters. Maybe pocohontas?

How about an indian pow-wow type show in place of diamond horeshoe saloon? With cowboys/girls attacking and then having a pocohontas-type moment where they resolve their differences and the cowboys learn to appreciate the true spirit of the west. Needs some work, yeah.

2 major E tickets (Splash + Re-imagined thunder?)
1 B/C (Need ideas...maybe transcontinental railroad themed)
Re-imagined DHSR (Cowboys & Indians)
TSI as Gold Miners Camp?
Meet & Greet (Woody's Round Up + Pocohontas ?)
2 restaurants needed

Illumination

Original Poster
Oooh, actually, what if we re-did Tom Sawyer Island as a 'ghost town' theme, with the story that all of the residents left after the last gold rush. Now there are abandoned gold mines and a whole abandoned town. Doing certain things (open a crate, stand in one spot, look down the well, etc) reveal that maybe the townsfolk left behind a little bit of themselves. Kids could explore all of the abandoned houses and shops, wander the gold mines, and maybe find some gold lying around that the miners missed.

JohnLocke

For characters, Woody's Round Up makes sense, but I'm not as sure about Pocohontas, as someone who's from the Virginia area, she just doesn't seem to fit in with a Western theme. If we go with a Splash Mountain clone that kind of sees the forest frontier meet the desert, perhaps characters from Bambi would meet the requirements for a meet and greet. Brother Bear is also a less popular possibility for characters.

I really like the Ghost Town idea for Tom Sawyer's Island, if we change it, but I think a way we could tie into some older Disney would be to theme it around The Apple Dumpling Gang. While the movie is much more obscure than it used to be, it would help give the area a little more character and be at least more recognizable to many parents.

adv.bluedude

I really think we should retheme Big Thunder. There is so much story and effects we could add. Also for a B/C ticket, why not bring back the pack mules or the conestoga wagons. Bring in some nostalgia

Illumination

Original Poster
I don't know if many people who remember the apple dumpling gang well enough for it to really have a good impact.

I like the idea of re-imagining thunder. What if guests were out touring an old mine only to find that the ghost of the prospector has shown up and is none to happy about them "jumping his claim". In a thrilling coaster ride similar to EE, guests hurtle forwards and backwards on the tracks as they dodge dynamite explosions, a cave in, and other events. At the end they shoot past a vast underground cavern full of gems and gold before returning safely.

I'm not familiar with the pack mules or wagons. Could you elaborate?

Illumination

Original Poster
What if we turned the conestoga wagons thing into more of a Kilimajaro Safari type ride. Guests could experience what it was like to travel the famous trails that lead out west, the Oregon and California Trails. Cross dangerous rivers, survive fierce storms, get ambushed by natives, and witness a buffalo stampede. See iconic landmarks along the way. It might be a good ride to put at the entrance to the land. As a transition, literal and figurative, from the east to the wild west.

JohnLocke

I don't know if many people who remember the apple dumpling gang well enough for it to really have a good impact.

I like the idea of re-imagining thunder. What if guests were out touring an old mine only to find that the ghost of the prospector has shown up and is none to happy about them "jumping his claim". In a thrilling coaster ride similar to EE, guests hurtle forwards and backwards on the tracks as they dodge dynamite explosions, a cave in, and other events. At the end they shoot past a vast underground cavern full of gems and gold before returning safely.

I'm not familiar with the pack mules or wagons. Could you elaborate?

I don't think it necessarily has to be the Apple Dumpling Gang, I was just using that because of the Old West theme you were going for with the re-imagined Tom Sawyer's Island. I just think, like with Tom Sawyer, tying it to a kid based property would make the most sense.

Illumination

Original Poster
If we want to re-do Splash Mountain, I think a modified Western River Expedition could possibly work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_River_Expedition

I like this idea. It provides lots of interesting scenes. So we could do Western River Expedition, Thunder as-is, A re-imagined TSI, re-imagined DHSR (we need to decide what we're doing for this), and possibly something else, like the Conestoge Wagon ride, which I think would be cool on a system like Indy at Disneyland, which is like Dinosaur.

We also need 2 restaurants and 2 shops. 1 of our meet and greets can be the Woody's Round Up gang, and I'm not sure about the other. I don't think Bambi characters are really practical...

JohnLocke

I like this idea. It provides lots of interesting scenes. So we could do Western River Expedition, Thunder as-is, A re-imagined TSI, re-imagined DHSR (we need to decide what we're doing for this), and possibly something else, like the Conestoge Wagon ride, which I think would be cool on a system like Indy at Disneyland, which is like Dinosaur.

We also need 2 restaurants and 2 shops. 1 of our meet and greets can be the Woody's Round Up gang, and I'm not sure about the other. I don't think Bambi characters are really practical...

Yeah, I just kind of threw that one out there partly because of Splash Mountain, and also for the fact that most don't really do many meet and greets. I don't think they could ever use Bambi himself, but I believe they've used Thumper and Flower in the past.

Instead of my suggestion of Apple Dumpling Gang for TSI, how about going with a Woody's Round Up TSI. Keep your idea about what's located on the island, but just base things around the characters from that show.

I think the Woody's Round Up idea may also make a for good Restaurant w/ character dining.

Illumination

Original Poster
Yeah, I just kind of threw that one out there partly because of Splash Mountain, and also for the fact that most don't really do many meet and greets. I don't think they could ever use Bambi himself, but I believe they've used Thumper and Flower in the past.

Instead of my suggestion of Apple Dumpling Gang for TSI, how about going with a Woody's Round Up TSI. Keep your idea about what's located on the island, but just base things around the characters from that show.

I think the Woody's Round Up idea may also make a for good Restaurant w/ character dining.

Interesting. Wouldn't that be a little bit too much Toy Story stuff though? I like the restaurant idea, as a table service character thing.

Oh! What if we re-did DHSR as an 'episode' of Woody's Round Up? Maybe a jewel thief is hiding out in the restaurant, and they call on the gang to help find it. Pete could be the one to steal the jewels, and the others could hunt around the restaurant to find it, singing as they go and interacting with guests. It would be especially fun for the kids to yell out that pete has the jewels if they are in plain site.

JohnLocke

Interesting. Wouldn't that be a little bit too much Toy Story stuff though? I like the restaurant idea, as a table service character thing.

Oh! What if we re-did DHSR as an 'episode' of Woody's Round Up? Maybe a jewel thief is hiding out in the restaurant, and they call on the gang to help find it. Pete could be the one to steal the jewels, and the others could hunt around the restaurant to find it, singing as they go and interacting with guests. It would be especially fun for the kids to yell out that pete has the jewels if they are in plain site.

I think that's probably the thing to do. I don't know if that would necessarily be too much Toy Story stuff, some may see it as overload, but with DHSR being a character meal and TSI being a free attraction, I think it works out pretty fine. Toy Story is one of Disney's most popular franchises of all time, so I don't think the two things would be pushing it too much, plus it should help get more people to TSI.

So, so far we have a modified Splash Mountain type flume attraction with a new Wester River Expedition theme, a Big Thunder pretty close to the current attraction, a possible TSI made into Woody's Round Up type ghost town, and DHSR into a Woody's Round Up Character meal. That leaves us with one restaurant and a small attraction, right? Do we need anything else?

Illumination

Original Poster
I think that's probably the thing to do. I don't know if that would necessarily be too much Toy Story stuff, some may see it as overload, but with DHSR being a character meal and TSI being a free attraction, I think it works out pretty fine. Toy Story is one of Disney's most popular franchises of all time, so I don't think the two things would be pushing it too much, plus it should help get more people to TSI.

So, so far we have a modified Splash Mountain type flume attraction with a new Wester River Expedition theme, a Big Thunder pretty close to the current attraction, a possible TSI made into Woody's Round Up type ghost town, and DHSR into a Woody's Round Up Character meal. That leaves us with one restaurant and a small attraction, right? Do we need anything else?

Maybe a ride based on the conestoga wagons, as suggested before. I think Geyser Mountain on top of all that would be a bit much. What about Country Bear Jamboree? Leave as is? Not included? I think we have enough to re-imagine here. We still need 2 quick service eating places, and one more meet & greet. Maybe the legends characters? Davy Crockett, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill. The other would be the Round Up characters.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Just an announcement: Spike-In-Berlin will be joining you as the 5th player for Team Imageworks.

Keep up the fantastic work, guys.

---TrevorA

JohnLocke

Maybe a ride based on the conestoga wagons, as suggested before. I think Geyser Mountain on top of all that would be a bit much. What about Country Bear Jamboree? Leave as is? Not included? I think we have enough to re-imagine here. We still need 2 quick service eating places, and one more meet & greet. Maybe the legends characters? Davy Crockett, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill. The other would be the Round Up characters.

Regretfully I've not seen Country Bear Jamboree, so I would say just leave as is.

I think legends characters would probably be another great Meet and Greet. To go along with them, how about Tall Tales Saloon idea for a CS restaurant. Normal CS set-up, with a root beer/soda bar, complete with stools on the side for a bit of an old west feel?

Conestoga Wagons works as a smaller ride. So that gives us Two E-Tickets in BTMR and WRE re-imagined Splash Mountain, as well as D-Ticket Dinosaur-like Conestoga Wagons ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom