Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Eight Open Brainstorming

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
We need 3 hiking trails. So far we only have two, as far as I know. We also need a manmade lake, separate from the swimming pool/ hole. Past that, I believe that everything is being taken care of.
Ok, how about the lake at the base of paradise falls and thr Mermaid Lagoon as our main pool. We could do a walking trail around the man made mountain for Paradise Falls (the fake mountain can double as a berm to separate the outside world)
Then there is the Pastoral Symphony Trail and the Princess Trail.

So, that's the lake, the pool, three trails. Magic feather said he'd do the backstory and look of tents and stuff at the entrance with the original plot as the theme.

So, we just need someone to write up the Bambi Meadow loop plus its Animal reserve. The Neverland Loop (other than the pool). And the Enchanted Forest Princess Loop (other than the walking trail.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright. "Loop" is a term campgrounds use to describe groups of campsites/RV's. It gets that name because campsites are usually alongside a circular road. Each loop (besides the campgrounds) usually had its own bathrooms, showers, laundry, etc. I think there has been a lot of confusion because this may not be as commonly known term as I thought it was.

My understanding is that for our campground we had about 5 loops. Each with its own theme and it's own special thing.

1. Enchanted Forest Loop (Princess) - with Walking Trail.

2. Neverland Loop - With Mermaid Lagoon Pool

3. Bambi Meadows Loop - With Animal Sanctuary trail

4. Paradise Falls Loop (Up) - With Lake and Trail around lake.

5. Original Loop - With Check in/Check out as well as restaurant.

If anything in saying is wrong and not the direction we're taking, let me know. I'm just trying to make sure we're more or less on the same page with what has been discussed.

kmbmw777

Alright. "Loop" is a term campgrounds use to describe groups of campsites/RV's. It gets that name because campsites are usually alongside a circular road. Each loop (besides the campgrounds) usually had its own bathrooms, showers, laundry, etc. I think there has been a lot of confusion because this may not be as commonly known term as I thought it was.

My understanding is that for our campground we had about 5 loops. Each with its own theme and it's own special thing.

1. Enchanted Forest Loop (Princess) - with Walking Trail.

2. Neverland Loop - With Mermaid Lagoon Pool

3. Bambi Meadows Loop - With Animal Sanctuary trail

4. Paradise Falls Loop (Up) - With Lake and Trail around lake.

5. Original Loop - With Check in/Check out as well as restaurant.

If anything in saying is wrong and not the direction we're taking, let me know. I'm just trying to make sure we're more or less on the same page with what has been discussed.
I concur.

Basketbuddy101

Just wanted to get my part in early. Feel free to make any edits to improve cohesion. I humbly offer...

Mermaid Lagoon Swimming Hole

Guests who wander toward the northeastern side of the camping ground will find themselves in a lush, tropically-themed landscape surrounded by beautifully-carved, rainbow-colored rock formations. Guests will recognize this swimming hole as 'Mermaid Lagoon' from 'Peter Pan.' While the mermaids themselves are not visibly present (their absence is likely attributed to the threat of nearby pirates), their presence is still very much felt by guests. The faint yet enchanting sounds of their singing occasionally echoes off the rocks at sunset, and guests can often hear them giggling and splashing in the nearby grottos. The swimming hole itself is loosely divided into three sections: a central swimming area, a waterslide landing area, and a separate area dedicated to younger guests. The waterslide, a spiral, teal-colored slide with a simple yet efficient design, will compliment the nearby swimming hole nicely. The waterslide landing area itself is stationed just beside the main pool area, mainly due to safety concerns. Both the waterslide landing area and main swimming hole are not at all divided; guests can access both areas by simply swimming to each end.

The 'kiddie pool,' on the other hand, is divided by a large body of rock. It is here that younger guests can enjoy a dip in the pool without parents having to worry about compromising their safety. The pool is shallow enough for both adults and even the youngest of their children to safely enjoy. It is here that Captain Hook's infamous pirate galleon, The Jolly Roger, is anchored, a faithful yet perhaps slightly scaled-down recreation of the ship from the film. The ship is primarily here for aesthetic purposes, although guests might find it has a few surprises in store for them at night. As an added bonus, the rock formations that stretch across the entire area are padded to further reduce the inherent safety risks that come along with pool areas of this nature. Additionally, guests can enjoy the swimming hole during both the day and night hours; the entire area is heated, and so the fun continues even when the sun sets on the Anaheim sky. The most exciting element of the swimming hole, however, is exclusive to nighttime swimmers. As older guests enjoy the central pool area, they'll hear the sound of panpipes in the air, followed by the sight of a familiar shadow skating along the rock formations. The shadow will fly around the pool area, much to the delight of guests, who continue to swim and splash alongside each other. Suddenly, the sound of a loud 'BOOM' will blast through the air. What's that? Cannonfire! A massive splash of water blasts through the surface of the pool, along with a flash of blue light. Peter Pan's shadow circles around the lagoon, taunting the culprit of the cannonfire, the nearby Jolly Roger. The shadow, achieved by means of simple projection mapping, combined with the sound of cannonfire, lighting effects, and water blasts, achieved with hidden underwater cannons a la 'Pirates of the Caribbean,' create an immersive, altogether exciting swimming experience for guests that can't be matched by any other swimming hole. The mini-show will occur every ten minutes, with the position of the cannonfire alternating at random.

JokersWild

Just out of curiosity, so I know if I'm writing this right, do we know how these hiking trails are fitting into the rest of the property? I just want to try to take that into account while writing the Pastoral Symphony trail.

DisneyManOne

Oh, and I should mention this now before I forget, but today (it's 1:00 am, so it's technically today), I've got a big event to go to. It starts at 1:00 p.m. and it should end around 6:30 or so, so I should be back by 7:00 to help out with any final adjustments or whatever.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Just out of curiosity, so I know if I'm writing this right, do we know how these hiking trails are fitting into the rest of the property? I just want to try to take that into account while writing the Pastoral Symphony trail.
I would guess it would either be between different loops as its own thing or, depending on theming of it, in the original story loop @Magic Feather is doing

Magic Feather

I would guess it would either be between different loops as its own thing or, depending on theming of it, in the original story loop @Magic Feather is doing
My general thought is that Neverland in the back, since it is most grounded in fantasy. Basically, in a circle, the order IMO should be.
Main Lodge> Bambi>Pastoral Symphony> Neverland> Enchanted Princess> UP (so up and Bambi are closest)

kmbmw777

IMG_7486.PNG
Pi I made this and couldn't figure out how to upload it via PM.
Brown is trail
Green is forestry/ campgrounds
Blue is lake
Black is the boy twin
Yellow is like little animal houses (like an insect house or bird house)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom