Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Eight Open Brainstorming

kmbmw777

IMG_7489.PNG

Brown is trail
Green is forestry/ campgrounds
Blue is lake
Black is the boy twin
Yellow is like little animal houses (like an insect house or bird house)
Red is boat rentals for kayaking on the lake

Amazon-Jungle.jpg

This is all I have time to do. Sorry mates.

JokersWild

I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm genuinely not understanding something. There is one trail on both maps drawn up over the course of the project, but we need three. Again, I don't need to be difficult, I just want to make sure that this hiking trail properly fits into the property.

kmbmw777

I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm genuinely not understanding something. There is one trail on both maps drawn up over the course of the project, but we need three. Again, I don't need to be difficult, I just want to make sure that this hiking trail properly fits into the property.
The two brown trails lead back to the main area where there will be connections to the other trails I am assuming

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, today's the day. Is everything being written? What isn't? I'm out sick from work today so I can help finish stuff up.

1. Enchanted Forest Loop (Princess) - with Walking Trail. - @mickeyfan5534 how is this going? And are you just doing the walking trail or the enchanted Forest campground section as well?

2. Neverland Loop - With Mermaid Lagoon Pool - @Basketbuddy101 I know you did the pool (and it's absolutely amazing), but are you doing the campground section too? If not, is anyone else doing it?

3. Bambi Meadows Loop - With Animal Sanctuary trail - @Snoopy you said you'd have this trail/campground loop, right? How's it coming along

4. Paradise Falls Loop (Up) - With Lake and Trail around lake - @kmbmw777 did a lot of great work on this, and I'm gonna take his ideas and write them out while he's touring colleges tonight.

5. Original Loop - With Check in/Check out as well as restaurant. - @Magic Feather you seem to be going along great. If you need anything let me know, like I said, I'm just sitting at home sick today.

Pastoral Symphony Walking Trail - @JokersWild

Presentation/editing - @DisneyManOne I'm assuming you'll handle the presentation since you're team leader and that you'll edit things to be cohesive.

@mharrington anything you see that you want to hop in on and help with?

And like I said, I'm just home today, so I'll gladly help anyone who wants/needs it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I can step up and take the campground section. I just need to know the theme and a general description of what needs to be included.
Well, you'd be doing the Neverland themed loop. Have the campsites, showers, Laundry room, whatever a campground needs near the campers. It can be lightly themed, heavily themed, etc. Maybe Cabins too if you want.

Really you just need a few sentences. Describe what makes the Neverland part of this campground different from a regular campground. Like, are that twinkle lights in the trees so it looks like pixies are flying around at night? Or a Lost Boys playground? Or are the cabins regular cabins or themed to pirate huts? Stuff like that.

Basketbuddy101

Well, you'd be doing the Neverland themed loop. Have the campsites, showers, Laundry room, whatever a campground needs near the campers. It can be lightly themed, heavily themed, etc. Maybe Cabins too if you want.

Really you just need a few sentences. Describe what makes the Neverland part of this campground different from a regular campground. Like, are that twinkle lights in the trees so it looks like pixies are flying around at night? Or a Lost Boys playground? Or are the cabins regular cabins or themed to pirate huts? Stuff like that.
Sounds good. I'll see what I can come up with.

Snoopy

The Bambi Meadows loop

Guests who have requested or are placed in the Bambi Meadows loop of the campgrounds are in for a very quiet and peaceful stay - the loop is the farthest away from the entrance and as such it is the most isolated of all the loops, perfect for nature lovers or people who just want to get away from it all. This makes it a nice fit for the film it is inspired by, Bambi, which includes no physically shown human or anthropomorphic cartoon characters. With the exception of a general building near the center that acts as a small laundromat and vending machine depository, this section is devoid of buildings. There are no cabins or RV parking spaces here, just tent campground plots, which helps add to the atmosphere and makes it distinct from the other loops in the complex.

The Rico LeBrun Walking Trail and Animal Sanctuary

Best-Places-to-Go-Hiking-in-Southeast-Michigan.jpg

Named after the naturalist painter who advised the Disney animators during the creation of Bambi, this walking trail is similar in design to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and the Maharajah Jungle Trek in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Like those trails this is a self-guided tour through a wooded environment, but unlike those trails there is a larger selection of co-habilitating animals for guests to see. Guests enter the trail past a small, understated sign next to a tree asking them to be respectful of the animals that live on the trail, as for many of them this is their actual habitat.

The first exhibit is home to a small duck pond and a sitting area. While the trail itself is picturesque, this is a particularly nice photo opportunity and an area for people who don’t necessarily want to go on the trail to relax and wait for those who do go. For those that venture forward, they are greeted by a dirt path that moves crookedly through the forest. The first animals that guests see here are your more traditional woodland creatures, such as bullfrogs, chipmunks and squirrels. This is to ease guests into the trail as well as for practical reasons - the animals that aren’t particularly native to the area are kept overnight in a protective enclosure that is kept purposefully away from the camp as to not disturb the atmosphere.

walks-events.jpg

Next guests come across some animals that they may be more familiar with from the film, tree creatures such as owls and possums. While encouraged to look up, guests may also see woodpeckers as well. Moving on guests pass through a short cave; on the other side is a meadow, similar to the one seen in the film. The meadow is by far the largest scene in this walkthrough, showing off animals seen in the film such as quails, pheasants, raccoons and moles occasionally popping out of the ground. Guests here are inspired to play a finding game, seeing how many animals they can spot in the grass.

Leaving the meadow and re entering the woods, guests pass through a more secluded section. While mostly used as a transitional area between the meadow and the final portion of the trail, this is a section that seems to have been cleared of animals. The only ones to be seen are field mice and some birds in the trees. Why this is the case is soon made clear - continuing on, guests can see the remnants of a hunting party, meaning that the wildlife aren’t the only things reimagined from the film in the trail. While the hunters seemed to have moved on, it’s clear that it will be a while before the animals venture back here again.

fawn.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Crossing through a second cave, guests come to the final wildlife exhibit, a small clearing filled with rabbits, skunks and of course white-tailed deers. This naturally the most picturesque portion of the trail, because who wouldn’t want a picture of Bambi’s, Thumper’s and Flower’s families roaming around with each other? With this ending, guests are led on a short trail back to the sitting area where they have another opportunity to take a seat or reunite with those who remained behind. Exiting the trail guests return back to the campsite, to wind down or to plan the next leg of their vacation.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This is the final version

Paradise Falls Loop

One of the campground loops for the resort will be Paradise Falls. Themed to the movie Up, this loop's signature feature will be a recreation of Paradise Falls (at a smaller scale of course with forces perspective to make it appear larger) complete with Carl Fredrickson's house sitting up top. The falls will cascade over the edge of a man-made mountain that is a part of the berm separating the campground from the real world. The falls empty into Paradise Lake.
b45eb2a9742008450e66ee13b41acb71.jpg

Guests can visit Paradise Lake Rentals to rent canoes, kayaks, motorboats, and other water crafts to take out on the lake and along a man made river that flows through some caverns built into the man made mountain. Special activities such as fishing excursions, waterskiing, and paragliding are also hosted by Paradise Lake Rentals.
Rec0505-03.jpg

Chairs and cabanas free for guest use (1 hour limit on free cabanas) are nestled in the sand around the lake as well as a beach volleyball court making this a great place to relax and unwind or to have a great time. Deluxe cabanas are also available to rent by the hour or by the day and feature free non-alcoholic beverages, snacks (from the Paradise Falls Snack Bar near the Rental place), and discounts on adult beverages. Packages for watercraft rentals, water activities, and deluxe cabanas can be purchased allowing guests to save money by purchasing the experiences together.

Also found near the falls is the creatively named Paradise Falls Hiking Trail. This trail has a traditional hiking trail portion that loops around the lake as well as a more unique and exciting portion the weaves its way up alongside the "mountain" and through caverns. This trail allows guests to get up close and personal with the falls as well as gives great views looking out over the campground. Don't worry, the trail doesn't go high enough to ruin the forced perspective. Only about half way up the mountain.

Also near the lake are two animal exhibit houses showcasing tropical wildlife. One features South American birds and another is focused on South American reptiles. An exciting and unique feature bringing a very small slice of Animal Kingdom type attractions to California.

Here is a general map of the Paradise Lake area.
PTcKn5k.jpg

Brown is the trail
Blue is lake
Black is the mountain
Yellow is the animal houses
Red is boat rentals

Moving away from the falls and the lake, the campground is a rather traditional campground. It is themed as if the Wilderness Explorer Scouts set up a campground near the falls after Russel came back and told them about his exciting trip there with Mr. Fredrickson. There are tent sites, RV sites, cabins, and even sites designed for floating houses (only one or two just for show as a reference to the floating house from the movie). The main activities pavilion for the campground can also be found here. Children (of all ages) can do crafts and do exciting camping activities lead by "real" Wilderness Explorer Scout Guides! Make Friendship bracelets, learn to the knots, play games, and more! All free* for guests staying on property!
035.jpg

The nightly campfire sing alongs are also hosted here featuring Russel and Doug who can use his collar to talk to and interact with the host as well as guests during the show. This will be reminiscent of the Chip and Dale sing along from Fort Wilderness and a great way to end your day.
images

*some craft activities charge a nominal fee of five to ten dollars for supplies.

Neverland Loop

One thing that distinguishes the Neverland Loop from the other loops in the campground is that it actually is divided up itself into a few smaller groupings of campsites rather than the one larger loop of sites the other sections use. The first mini-loop is the Pixie Forest. This is the more traditional tent based campsites (With a few RV sites). The most exciting feature is fiber optic lights hidden in the trees. While not bright enough to annoy guests trying to sleep, these lights will twinkle in ways that make it look like Tinkerbell and the other fairies are flying through the trees at night.
9fca3eb48a6a0f8ca595517811e1de7f.jpg

The second mini-loop is Lost Boys Lane. This area is all cabins. The cabins are designed to look like they were built in the base of trees like the Lost Boys hideout from the movie. The theming is enough to delight children of all ages, but inside it is not too extreme to alienate people looking for more traditional cabins. A good thematic middle ground.
b8c87c6ccf41562a43d191ef29329ee0.png

Near a recreation of the actual Lost boy's home from the movie (exterior only, not a walkthrough) a story teller tells children bad time at 6, 8, and 10 every night (showtimed anf number of shows may change based on the time of year and crowds)

Also found in Neverland is the main swimming pool for our resort. The Mermaid Lagoon Pool!​

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Bambi Meadows loop

Guests who have requested or are placed in the Bambi Meadows loop of the campgrounds are in for a very quiet and peaceful stay - the loop is the farthest away from the entrance and as such it is the most isolated of all the loops, perfect for nature lovers or people who just want to get away from it all. This makes it a nice fit for the film it is inspired by, Bambi, which includes no physically shown human or anthropomorphic cartoon characters. With the exception of a general building near the center that acts as a small laundromat and vending machine depository, this section is devoid of buildings. There are no cabins or RV parking spaces here, just tent campground plots, which helps add to the atmosphere and makes it distinct from the other loops in the complex.

The Rico LeBrun Walking Trail and Animal Sanctuary

Best-Places-to-Go-Hiking-in-Southeast-Michigan.jpg

Named after the naturalist painter who advised the Disney animators during the creation of Bambi, this walking trail is similar in design to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and the Maharajah Jungle Trek in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Like those trails this is a self-guided tour through a wooded environment, but unlike those trails there is a larger selection of co-habilitating animals for guests to see. Guests enter the trail past a small, understated sign next to a tree asking them to be respectful of the animals that live on the trail, as for many of them this is their actual habitat.

The first exhibit is home to a small duck pond and a sitting area. While the trail itself is picturesque, this is a particularly nice photo opportunity and an area for people who don’t necessarily want to go on the trail to relax and wait for those who do go. For those that venture forward, they are greeted by a dirt path that moves crookedly through the forest. The first animals that guests see here are your more traditional woodland creatures, such as bullfrogs, chipmunks and squirrels. This is to ease guests into the trail as well as for practical reasons - the animals that aren’t particularly native to the area are kept overnight in a protective enclosure that is kept purposefully away from the camp as to not disturb the atmosphere.

walks-events.jpg

Next guests come across some animals that they may be more familiar with from the film, tree creatures such as owls and possums. While encouraged to look up, guests may also see woodpeckers as well. Moving on guests pass through a short cave; on the other side is a meadow, similar to the one seen in the film. The meadow is by far the largest scene in this walkthrough, showing off animals seen in the film such as quails, pheasants, raccoons and moles occasionally popping out of the ground. Guests here are inspired to play a finding game, seeing how many animals they can spot in the grass.

Leaving the meadow and re entering the woods, guests pass through a more secluded section. While mostly used as a transitional area between the meadow and the final portion of the trail, this is a section that seems to have been cleared of animals. The only ones to be seen are field mice and some birds in the trees. Why this is the case is soon made clear - continuing on, guests can see the remnants of a hunting party, meaning that the wildlife aren’t the only things reimagined from the film in the trail. While the hunters seemed to have moved on, it’s clear that it will be a while before the animals venture back here again.

fawn.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Crossing through a second cave, guests come to the final wildlife exhibit, a small clearing filled with rabbits, skunks and of course white-tailed deers. This naturally the most picturesque portion of the trail, because who wouldn’t want a picture of Bambi’s, Thumper’s and Flower’s families roaming around with each other? With this ending, guests are led on a short trail back to the sitting area where they have another opportunity to take a seat or reunite with those who remained behind. Exiting the trail guests return back to the campsite, to wind down or to plan the next leg of their vacation.
Lo
So, today's the day. Is everything being written? What isn't? I'm out sick from work today so I can help finish stuff up.

1. Enchanted Forest Loop (Princess) - with Walking Trail. - @mickeyfan5534 how is this going? And are you just doing the walking trail or the enchanted Forest campground section as well?

2. Neverland Loop - With Mermaid Lagoon Pool - @Basketbuddy101 I know you did the pool (and it's absolutely amazing), but are you doing the campground section too? If not, is anyone else doing it?

3. Bambi Meadows Loop - With Animal Sanctuary trail - @Snoopy you said you'd have this trail/campground loop, right? How's it coming along

4. Paradise Falls Loop (Up) - With Lake and Trail around lake - @kmbmw777 did a lot of great work on this, and I'm gonna take his ideas and write them out while he's touring colleges tonight.

5. Original Loop - With Check in/Check out as well as restaurant. - @Magic Feather you seem to be going along great. If you need anything let me know, like I said, I'm just sitting at home sick today.

Pastoral Symphony Walking Trail - @JokersWild

Presentation/editing - @DisneyManOne I'm assuming you'll handle the presentation since you're team leader and that you'll edit things to be cohesive.

@mharrington anything you see that you want to hop in on and help with?

And like I said, I'm just home today, so I'll gladly help anyone who wants/needs it.
So, magic feather is almost done. @mickeyfan5534 and @JokersWild it's almost the deadline and haven't heard much from you guys. Almost done? We need at least one of your walking trails and preferably we'd have both because they're both cool ideas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom