Team Goelz: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Eight Open Brainstorming

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Eight: PL7764'S Guide to the Great Outdoors
IMG_3728.JPG

Based on PL7764's final Season Six project..."Twin Peaks Wilderness Adventure Park"

PL7764 is to this day one of my favorite winners the game has ever seen, and the project that this prompt takes inspiration from is a big reason for it. It bears repeating the story of the "Yensid Three" who lost the first three projects in a row as Team Yensid only to come back and topple over the entire opposing team through the rest of the pre-merge and merge to become the final three. Within this group was the defacto "leader" of the group and very consistent presence of season six HereWeGo...under the radar powerhouse and my personal friend from the MouseTimes "The Imagineer" pre-SYWTBAI days Stitch aka OSUPhantom...and the wild card enigma known as PL7764.

PL was a mostly under the radar presence in the season except when he stepped up to deliver pivotal ideas in the brainstorming which helped his team come back from the 0/3 defeat they had faced early on and make the final three together. While the "Yensid Three" wasn't a traditional alliance, it is worth taking note of considering this was the FIRST time we had tried teams for a whole season, making PL7764's victory all the more impress and a new blueprint for a more stealth-like winning game that Snoopy would later perfect in season ten. Enough with the history lesson though, let's get to the prompt.

For this project, teams will be designing a MAN-MADE wilderness hiking and camping area for the Disneyland Resort. While WDW has plenty of camping options thanks to Fort Wilderness, Disneyland Resort wants to expand their roster of offerings thanks to overcrowding in the theme parks. This wilderness park should feature the following...

-At least three different trails
-Campgrounds
-A themed swimming hole with a water slide
-An animal sanctuary
-A man-made lake with various water activities

This is meant to be a diversion from the theme parks and something to truly round out a vacation to the Disneyland Resort and take the pressure off of DLR being an infamous "local's park". Good luck team. This project is due Friday, March 31st at 11:59 PM Eastern

mharrington

Would it be possible to have the swimming hole be similar to River Country? Because I'm kind of envisioning something like that. Maybe it could be like that, but with a few more thrilling water slides, kind of like at Typhoon Lagoon. Don't have the tall steep slides (i.e., Humonga Kowabunga), just those ones like the Storm Slides. Here's an example:

Basketbuddy101

disneyland-anaheim-land2.jpg

I believe this is the available land we have to construct our estate.
Given its proximity to the Grand Californian hotel, we might be best off putting this in area C. As far as theme is concerned, I'm at a bit of a loss. We could theme the trail after a coastal, seaside wilderness community that would compliment Paradise Pier and its hotel. Just an idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom