Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

Any rumors of who will be at sww this year? And when we will find out? Any rumors that autograph sessions will be fp+? I would love to be able to firm up our plans for our trip..

Thanks!

John Fowler

Any rumors of who will be at sww this year? And when we will find out? Any rumors that autograph sessions will be fp+? I would love to be able to firm up our plans for our trip..

Thanks!

While its not concrete, I heard Jeremy Bulloch is returning, and I can tell you without a doubt that the main voice cast from Rebels will be there. Freddie Prinze Jr has confirmed this multiple times. As for it being a Fastpass+ system, no one really knows for sure. We should find out, again this is my belief, sometime at the end of March beginning of April. Hope this information helps out.

NMBC1993

Any rumors of who will be at sww this year?

I've been waiting for an update on this as well (as it's really the only thing I care about involving SWW). It seems really weird that it's taken so long to get this information out there.

I'm crossing my fingers for the return of Jim Cummings:D

John Fowler

I've been waiting for an update on this as well (as it's really the only thing I care about involving SWW). It seems really weird that it's taken so long to get this information out there.

I'm crossing my fingers for the return of Jim Cummings:D

It wouldn't surprise me if Jim Cummings came back. He has that cross over appeal, and Hondo is returning to Rebels in Season two. I really think this years SWW is going to be a "Rebels" heavy theme. They have virtually nothing coming out for The Force Awakens.

My fastpass+ window opens up on March 16. And that's 60 days away from the first day of SWW. But we'll actually be going the first Saturday. You would hope they would release all of the info by March 16 so everyone, including myself, can make the FP+ for the SWW stage show we want.

John Fowler

My fastpass+ window opens up on March 16. And that's 60 days away from the first day of SWW. But we'll actually be going the first Saturday. You would hope they would release all of the info by March 16 so everyone, including myself, can make the FP+ for the SWW stage show we want.

I know last year they started doing the Fastpass+ system for the shows only. So they will probably continue doing that this year.

JohnD

I completely agree. My window is just a few days away for me so I can do the last week of the F&G festival but I'm going to the same SWW as you.

How is he not an official Disney Legend yet?
I must have been living under a rock because I just looked him up the other night and was shocked to see how much he's done. Other than sharing the same November 3 birthday haha I had a few "duh" moments when I saw his voice acting credits. It would be really neat to see him at SWW!

Furiated

I am not very good at Photoshop or uploading Maps with my own edits on them.

1. People asked why the tent in the lot behind RnR isn't coming back. I can tell you that area is now off limits and will be for sometime. Signs were posted around that area that it will be closed at least until the end of the month but my sources tell me that it will be closed for much longer. That area is usually where some cast members park or is a location for heavy machinery to park during the day so it can be used in the park overnight for maintenance. All departments with equipment in that area were told to clear it out last week and that to find new homes for that equipment as the lot will be off limits for the forseeable future. I have no info on this, but my gut tells me BVCC will be taking over the lot and using it as a holding area for their materials (future construction)

2. Regarding Darth's Mall. It is my understanding it's a combination of 3-4 areas between SOA and the old queue for the Backlot Tour that basically encompasses all of bldgs you would walk through while using the Backlot Tour. The 1st "area" is the merch location adjacent to the Monsters M&G (across from Studios Catering Company), the 2nd is the old AFI (and Oaken's) bldg, and the 3rd is the "Prop Warehouse" that was the bldg you walked through before you got on the Tram for the Backlot Tour (just after the Hannah Montana Shack). I've been told each area will have it's own SWW Theme. Now this was proposed and as far as I know the AFI room is gutted and no longer has any Oaken's stuff in it, and I am pretty sure the other bldg's props are in the process of being removed so it lends itself to that theory. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they added more merch space somewhere around SOA.

Interesting. Will the three areas be connected somehow to try and make one big shop, or be three independent areas each with their own registers and stuff? Seems like it would be a hassle to have to check out if you wanted say a shirt, a pin, and a Vinylmation and they were all in separate shops and you had to check out three times. Or would they try and duplicate the popular items in all three stores?

John Fowler

Again I can confirm that Taylor Grey, the voice of Ezra from Rebels, will indeed be there. So it does indeed look like we are getting the entire voice cast of Rebels. Also thats some interesting information you got there Bungalow4. That would make the process of shopping much easier it seems. Thanks for the info!

JohnD

Wondering when specific news about the weekends will be released, other than the Galactic event and the character meals. I'm already less than 60 days out on my May 12-18 trip. Surely, they'll release news no later than 60 days out from the 1st SWW (i.e. within the next week), particularly if there are FP+ for the various special guest theatre shows?

I already have my three FP+ scheduled for my planned HS day (Sunday, May 17) but I may want to swap some of them out, depending on what's happening the weekend of May 15-17 and/or rearrange my schedule May 15 or 16.

Wondering when specific news about the weekends will be released, other than the Galactic event and the character meals. I'm already less than 60 days out on my May 12-18 trip. Surely, they'll release news no later than 60 days out from the 1st SWW (i.e. within the next week), particularly if there are FP+ for the various special guest theatre shows?

I already have my three FP+ scheduled for my planned HS day (Sunday, May 17) but I may want to swap some of them out, depending on what's happening the weekend of May 15-17 and/or rearrange my schedule May 15 or 16.
My widow opens Monday. My planned SWW day is Saturday the 16th. Are there any FP+ showing up for the theater shows? Or just the usual rides? This is my first SWW so I'm trying to figure it all out before I go.

dvitali

Most likely to see the next Star Wars trailer at?
Star Wars celebration in Anaheim California across the street from Disneyland in April or
Star Wars weekends in Florida in May.

Tigger1988

Most likely to see the next Star Wars trailer at?
Star Wars celebration in Anaheim California across the street from Disneyland in April or
Star Wars weekends in Florida in May.
C. None of the above

San Diego Comic Con is the most likely venue for a trailer release.

dvitali

Since the Avenger movie in early May and Carrie Fisher will be at Anaheim in April. I like to think that the people in Disneyland would push a small Star War trailer first In April before going to San Diego Comic Con in June.

Flight Safety

Same here! Where is the info? They have until tomorrow night to release it before our window opens up.

My widow opens Monday. My planned SWW day is Saturday the 16th. Are there any FP+ showing up for the theater shows? Or just the usual rides? This is my first SWW so I'm trying to figure it all out before I go.

This!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom