Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

GetAPaperBag

Has anyone that's been before know how busy the other attractions/characters are during SWW? I'm going during SWW but I'm not interested in Star Wars, so my hope is that most people there will be busy with Star Wars stuff.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has anyone that's been before know how busy the other attractions/characters are during SWW? I'm going during SWW but I'm not interested in Star Wars, so my hope is that most people there will be busy with Star Wars stuff.
Normal to light save for TSMM. That is always a zoo.

John Fowler

Honestly its pretty normal waits for the rides and characters. Its just a little busier because of the extra meet and greets spread through out the park.

erasure fan1

I've only been once so I can only say what it was like 2yrs ago. Most of the rides had a larger than normal wait time when we were there. The park was extra crowded (we were there the last weekend) more so than any other time I have been there. Was it unmanageable? No, not at all. With less things to distract people this year and add in FP+, I'm guessing it's going to be a bit worse now.

Very much so. Ray Park's show "A Visit to the Maul" has been insanely popular even though it has changed very little from year to year.

Warwic Davis's shows are also incredibly popular and it should go without saying that any Star Wars A lister like Hammil or Fisher will gather huge crowds.
Right. I just have a feeling, even though I'm pretty on top of all things planning Disney, I'll find out about the celebrities too late and miss out on FP+s for the shows. Especially since I've already made all of my FP+ selections earlier this week. I could imagine the FP+s going very quickly for someone good.

Obi Walt Kenobi

Less than two months before star wars weekends, and I have not heard of an announcement of who the celebrity appearancs will be each week. It seems to me in years past it would have been up by now.Any news or rumors on this?

Obi Walt Kenobi

As always I want to give Disney my money but I was holding out for the celebrity line before I booked my trip. I guess I will just go with the first weekend of sww. Has the best weather and crowds anyway and I can still see the end of flower and garden.

JohnD

Did it last year. You'll have a great time! TIP: Bring some trinkets you're willing to part with to trade with the Jawas. Who knows what you'll end up with? I had nothing to trade last year so can't speak to what you may get in return. Maybe someone else has more insight?

Last edited by a moderator:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
According to the unofficial Disney Magic Bands website, these will be the Star Wars bands:

Screen-Shot-2015-03-04-at-1_06_15-PM.jpg

John Fowler

Any chance they'll have the ones from last year too? I like them a lot better, I just couldn't go last year.

I like the ones from last year better as well, but alas you cannot find a usable one on eBay. I also don't think they will be coming back either. Its very humorous to see the prices of those magic bands as presale items on ebay already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom