Star Wars Weekends returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios for 2015

Texas84

Most likely to see the next Star Wars trailer at?
Star Wars celebration in Anaheim California across the street from Disneyland in April or
Star Wars weekends in Florida in May.

There will be some sort of preview for SWW. There was one last year.

JohnD

We're now less than 60 days out to the 1st SWW and still no further info. I'm going that first weekend. This is ridiculous. Time to release info, especially if there are FP+ events.

jlthomas81

We're now less than 60 days out to the 1st SWW and still no further info. I'm going that first weekend. This is ridiculous. Time to release info, especially if there are FP+ events.

Agreed. We will be there the third weekend. Fastpass window opens in 9 days.

John Fowler

They didn't release any information about shows or guest lists until April. Not saying I don't agree, but that stuff usually isn't released until April.

dstrawn9889

and traditionally the celebrities are running a separate fastpass grouping, not attached to the dailies. I.E. you could get a TSMM and a greet with peter mayhew and hold them at the same time. most likely an old fastpass paper machine for each celeb, like in years past

John Fowler

and traditionally the celebrities are running a separate fastpass grouping, not attached to the dailies. I.E. you could get a TSMM and a greet with peter mayhew and hold them at the same time. most likely an old fastpass paper machine for each celeb, like in years past

They hand out the paper fastpasses and wristbands out early in the morning. No wrist band, no paper fastpass, no guaranteed autograph, well the guarantee is more likely if you have a printed time on it. But yeah the autograph ones are usually not tied to the system, but the fastpasses for the shows are.

They hand out the paper fastpasses and wristbands out early in the morning. No wrist band, no paper fastpass, no guaranteed autograph, well the guarantee is more likely if you have a printed time on it. But yeah the autograph ones are usually not tied to the system, but the fastpasses for the shows are.
Is it worth getting a fastpass for the show with the celebritites? So far I'm not too upset keeping my Rock and Roller Coaster FP+ since the wait can get pretty bad on a normal day in mid May and my friends absolutely have to ride it.

Also, how long does it take for the Darth Maul to get crowded? I want to hit that up pretty early as well. I'm going the first Saturday.

tribbleorlfl

Is it worth getting a fastpass for the show with the celebritites? So far I'm not too upset keeping my Rock and Roller Coaster FP+ since the wait can get pretty bad on a normal day in mid May and my friends absolutely have to ride it.

Also, how long does it take for the Darth Maul to get crowded? I want to hit that up pretty early as well. I'm going the first Saturday.
The shows do fill up fast, as people wait far in advance of the show to ensure a spot. The Ray Park shows and Mark Hammil's last year were especially popular, and I've seen the lines for those start at park opening.

JohnD

The shows do fill up fast, as people wait far in advance of the show to ensure a spot. The Ray Park shows and Mark Hammil's last year were especially popular, and I've seen the lines for those start at park opening.

The Ray Parks show last year was very good. I went during the 4th or 5th week. I'm going this year in the 1st week so don't know whether he'll be there that week.

tribbleorlfl

The Ray Parks show last year was very good. I went during the 4th or 5th week. I'm going this year in the 1st week so don't know whether he'll be there that week.
Yeah, his demos are always very entertaining. Also, if you're lucky to snag an autograph gastpass at 5 in the morning, he's very nice and engaging to the fans.

It seems like they always seem to keep the more popular/in demand guests for the later weekends, so you might be out of luck. That being said, I don't see any scheduled appearances past April, so it could be any time (or less likely, not at all).

JohnD

Yeah, his demos are always very entertaining. Also, if you're lucky to snag an autograph gastpass at 5 in the morning, he's very nice and engaging to the fans.

It seems like they always seem to keep the more popular/in demand guests for the later weekends, so you might be out of luck. That being said, I don't see any scheduled appearances past April, so it could be any time (or less likely, not at all).

That's okay. I purposely scheduled the 1st weekend this year to do the last week of the F&G festival earlier in the week then do the 1st SWW.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So I guess it depends on who is coming on my weekend.
Very much so. Ray Park's show "A Visit to the Maul" has been insanely popular even though it has changed very little from year to year.

Warwic Davis's shows are also incredibly popular and it should go without saying that any Star Wars A lister like Hammil or Fisher will gather huge crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom