Star Wars Theme Park Attractions to be Based on New Films

pax_65

Ok then lets talk about the state of Hollywood Studios in the mean time. If no construction is going to go on and no new rides or attractions for 5 years how is this park going to make it? As much as you and I hated AI and BL they were people eaters and time killers. What is the park going to do to keep people in it for even half a day?

Exactly. I'm sitting here wondering how many days I'll spend in the Studios over the next 5 years. Maybe half a day each year? Do TSM, ToT, RnR, GMR, Star Tours, maybe visit animation and draw a character. That's it. No need to spend more than 1 day per trip there - tops.

And that's assuming I have park admission already. (Which is up in the air for the first time in 20 years.) There's NO WAY I spend nearly $100 to visit this park.

lobelia

So @PhotoDave219....you said it would be 2020 before we see a new SW ride. Were you referring to WDW? Did you hear this from someone you trust?
I see nothing that specifies this location. I know we have heard rumors from insiders that Indy is closing and that it would be placed there but Iger didn't seem to specify which park in his interview with Variety.

The Empress Lilly

"George Lucas and Bob Eiger are here to announce blah blah blah"
I am the last person to defend Bob Eiger…
'Eiger'
rofl3.gif

I'm all for you hoping to become an insider, or a journalist, or whatever floats your lifestyler boat, so let's start with learning that there are two distinct CEO's, one named Eisner, and another Iger. They are not the same man.

PhotoDave219

So @PhotoDave219....you said it would be 2020 before we see a new SW ride. Were you referring to WDW? Did you hear this from someone you trust?
I see nothing that specifies this location. I know we have heard rumors from insiders that Indy is closing and that it would be placed there but Iger didn't seem to specify which park in his interview with Variety.

Yes. 2019/2020.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In that Variety article, there was also a link to an article about Avatar. Apparently, Iger rode a prototype vehicle and said it was "so real, so life-like..."

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/avatar-ride-coming-to-life-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-1201376587/
'Eiger'
rofl3.gif

I'm all for you hoping to become an insider, or a journalist, or whatever floats your lifestyler boat, so let's start with learning that there are two distinct CEO's, one named Eisner, and another Iger. They are not the same man.

Dave uses text to speech which leads to frequent unintentional hilarity... Eiger - Like the horrendous spy flick 'The Eiger Sanction'...

draybook

In the tradition of taking over attractions with "related" material, they will permanently overlay Spaceship Earth by making the vehicles you ride in into miniature Millennium Falcons and they will replace Judi Dench with the new narrator, Chewbacca,

chewy_zpsmx4jszj5.gif

Little Green Men

Exactly. I'm sitting here wondering how many days I'll spend in the Studios over the next 5 years. Maybe half a day each year? Do TSM, ToT, RnR, GMR, Star Tours, maybe visit animation and draw a character. That's it. No need to spend more than 1 day per trip there - tops.

And that's assuming I have park admission already. (Which is up in the air for the first time in 20 years.) There's NO WAY I spend nearly $100 to visit this park.
Just because Star Wars won't be opening until 2020 doesn't mean nothing is coming in the meantime. DCA's overhaul was announced in 2007, the completely redone entrance and brand new land were the last to open in 2012, five years later!

TalkingHead

Just because Star Wars won't be opening until 2020 doesn't mean nothing is coming in the meantime. DCA's overhaul was announced in 2007, the completely redone entrance and brand new land were the last to open in 2012, five years later!

Good point. In just three short years, Avatar will be open. Why, when it comes to new attractions at WDW, it's an embarrassment of riches.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I meant we should be getting more in the DHS expansion in the meantime.

Yes we SHOULD

However across the country In Bob's Brain, It goes like this

Hmm, DHS expansion or stock buyback, The buybacks increase my paycheck (EPS and P/E go up), Stock Buyback it is!

Disney will be spending 2-3 BILLION to buy it's OWN stock this year, You figure out why no new attractions are being built.

Stophie

74 already said that when Star Tours 2 opens in Paris it'll have scenes from the new movies. When I asked him about our version he said yes we will get it as well along with Disneyland around the same time. Old news.

Gotcha! That would make sense - thanks! I just wasn't sure since they were touting it as an "exclusive."

With that said, was there a timeline for this to happen? Or would that probably fit along with the 2020 end-date that was already given?

Mike S

Gotcha! That would make sense - thanks! I just wasn't sure since they were touting it as an "exclusive."

With that said, was there a timeline for this to happen? Or would that probably fit along with the 2020 end-date that was already given?
2017. It shouldn't take long for our versions to be updated since it's an established fact that Star Tours 2 was made in a way so that new scenes would be very easy to put in. Almost overnight I think.

DisneyDebRob

Why am I not excited at all for anything Star Wars... Avatar... I mean i enjoy them both but it's all eh to me.
Guess I am just missing the good ole days of the 70's and 80's when imagineering was on top of their game with new Disney based attractions and not companies bought out by Disney.
I think I'm getting old...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom