Star Wars Theme Park Attractions to be Based on New Films

PrincessNelly_NJ

Just because Star Wars won't be opening until 2020 doesn't mean nothing is coming in the meantime. DCA's overhaul was announced in 2007, the completely redone entrance and brand new land were the last to open in 2012, five years later!
True. NFL took just over 3 years to complete, Avatar will take about 3 years, Carsland took less than 2 years, so I would expect to see HS makeover complete no later than 2019. And they will probably do phased openings so depending on when they move on Star Wars construction and how big these project will big, it may be the last thing to open.

RSoxNo1

omurice

This seems like building a new house for 3 kids you have not had yet, while the 6 kids you have now are living in a tent.
(not to say Star Tours 2.0 is not a nice tent, but still)

RSoxNo1

For what it's worth, Jim Hill and @lentesta put out a bonus episode of Disney Dish today discussing the Variety article. In the episode, Jim mentioned that a friend of his had recently toured the WDI model shop where he saw a Star Wars model that included an Ewok Village and a Death Star. There was no indication one way or another if this was a recent model.

Jim also speculated that official information would be revealed in 2015 at any or all of the following events:
  • Late January: Disneyland's 60th Anniversary reveal.
  • April 16-19, 2015: The Star Wars Celebration at the Anaheim Convention Center
  • August 14-16, 2015: The D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center
He anticipated site prep to begin in 2015 with all of 2016 being used for construction and a Phase 1 opening in 2017. That seems far more accelerated than what I had heard previously for Star Wars. It's possible that Phase 1 is the Pixar content and not the Star Wars content.

Mike S

For what it's worth, Jim Hill and @lentesta put out a bonus episode of Disney Dish today discussing the Variety article. In the episode, Jim mentioned that a friend of his had recently toured the WDI model shop where he saw a Star Wars model that included an Ewok Village and a Death Star. There was no indication one way or another if this was a recent model.

Jim also speculated that official information would be revealed in 2015 at any or all of the following events:
  • Late January: Disneyland's 60th Anniversary reveal.
  • April 16-19, 2015: The Star Wars Celebration at the Anaheim Convention Center
  • August 14-16, 2015: The D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center
He anticipated site prep to begin in 2015 with all of 2016 being used for construction and a Phase 1 opening in 2017. That seems far more accelerated than what I had heard previously for Star Wars. It's possible that Phase 1 is the Pixar content and not the Star Wars content.
Phase 1 in 2017? That could very well be new scenes in Star Tours and maybe the Cantina if that's part of the land with the big stuff opening later in 2019/2020.

RSoxNo1

Phase 1 in 2017? That could very well be new scenes in Star Tours and maybe the Cantina if that's part of the land with the big stuff opening later in 2019/2020.
That's also possible. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a new Star Tours location premier day and date with Episode 7, 8 and 9.

CarlFredricksen

Original Poster
That's also possible. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a new Star Tours location premier day and date with Episode 7, 8 and 9.

I can only imagine if the movie releases were timed with the opening of rides/attractions. I think peoples heads would explode.

While highly unlikely, how cool would it be to have the red carpet movie premiere for episode 8 or 9 in the new DHS Star Wars Land?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom