Star Wars Launch Bay coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year

Kman101

Curious to see who they decide to have in there meeting and greeting. It was sort of a waste as a video game room and not at all 'done up' like the rest of the place.

doctornick

How about we replace the Launch Bay/Animation Building with the new Mickey ride that is slated for GMR?

I really hope TDO comes to their senses and refreshes GMR, but I am pretty sure that ship has sailed.

They aren't closing Launch Bay until the full Star Wars land opens. They want the Mickey ride to open around the same time as the new Star Wars land for capacity reason. Ergo, there's no way to use the Launch Bay/old Animation building plot for the Mickey Mouse ride unless Disney wants to postpone opening that ride to years after Star Wars.

To open Mickey together with Star Wars but preserve GMR, you'd probably have to build it along Sunset Ave (replacing Fairfax Faire) or tear down the Indy stunt show and build it in Echo Lake area.

Kman101

They aren't closing Launch Bay until the full Star Wars land opens. They want the Mickey ride to open around the same time as the new Star Wars land for capacity reason. Ergo, there's no way to use the Launch Bay/old Animation building plot for the Mickey Mouse ride unless Disney wants to postpone opening that ride to years after Star Wars.

To open Mickey together with Star Wars but preserve GMR, you'd probably have to build it along Sunset Ave (replacing Fairfax Faire) or tear down the Indy stunt show and build it in Echo Lake area.

Yep. To all of this. Especially the latter. They should be doing the Mickey ride as a new build.

J. D.

What about 2 rooms-

1 bb8 and 1 with r2d2 and c3po.

That would be lovely.
I don't think there's enough room for two rooms there, unfortunately. It's most likely going to be BB-8. I have heard possibilities of R2-D2 and C-3PO joining in as well, but that seems like it would be a bit much, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was only BB-8. Again, this is just based on murmurings I've heard. Though I have to admit that K-2SO would be amazing.

NearTheEars

I don't think there's enough room for two rooms there, unfortunately. It's most likely going to be BB-8. I have heard possibilities of R2-D2 and C-3PO joining in as well, but that seems like it would be a bit much, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was only BB-8. Again, this is just based on murmurings I've heard. Though I have to admit that K-2SO would be amazing.

I wonder, BB-8 up on a stand, or rolling around

JWG

I don't really think they'd do K-2SO for continuity reasons to Rogue One's story line. But he's my favorite droid in the Star Wars Universe by far.

You know, K-2S0 being dead and all, makes having him at a M&G hard.

YodaMan

I don't really think they'd do K-2SO for continuity reasons to Rogue One's story line. But he's my favorite droid in the Star Wars Universe by far.

You know, K-2S0 being dead and all, makes having him at a M&G hard.

Darth Vader also did meets even though he died in ROTJ, so I'm not totally sure what the issue would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom