Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

chiefs11

Can this really be called a 14 acre "expansion" in DHS, if they're using already existing buildings and land?
Did they actually use that word, though? I remember hearing that it would be the largest project or land or whatever, but I'm not sure I remember them using the word 'expansion'. Off to find the video again....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Did they actually use that word, though? I remember hearing that it would be the largest project or land or whatever, but I'm not sure I remember them using the word 'expansion'. Off to find the video again....

Yes, they do call it a 14 acre expansion, from the Disney Parks Blog post...

"Ambitious plans to bring Star Wars to life in the two parks include creating Disney’s largest single-themed land expansions ever at 14-acres each, "

Dropout

It's very clear that by expansion they mean "extensive land transformation". It's not an expansion in that this is all new land not previously used by DHS. What you will see at Star Wars Land will be so dramatically different than what is there now that it will be "all new". People are of course welcome to get into a semantics debate over it.

PhotoDave219

It's very clear that by expansion they mean "extensive land transformation". It's not an expansion in that this is all new land not previously used by DHS. What you will see at Star Wars Land will be so dramatically different than what is there now that it will be "all new". People are of course welcome to get into a semantics debate over it.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. This is where people debate semantics and split hairs.

DisneyRoy

Some of the info isn't ... most NDAs expire most have a duration ... some is talked in vague clues to not break them. No one should break active NDAs.

That's the point. Some of them do. Hence why we have "Spirits" and leaks and whatever else good nuggets of information we get on this forum. Someone has to talk to get the information to us. ;)

Mouse_Trap

Love all the people saying "Only Two rides". I forget, how many 'new' rides did Hogsmeade have? How about Diagon Alley? Due to that confundus charm, my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think there was 1 new ride in each land with a new ride connecting the lands, so 3 total?

Apologies if this has already been pointed out, I'm 50 pages behind right now.....

But remind me when did HP open? Was it 2010 and 2014?

Disney probably won't even break ground on this until 2017 or 2018, then add a 5 year built time.
HP will have been open 15 years by the time this actually opens, goodness knows what Universal will have opened by then.

There a reason they didn't announce any dates for this. It's not happening soon.
There would have been outrage if they'd said coming in 2022 DL and 2025 WDW...yet do it this was and you drip feed the fans and built the excitement. If I remember right, didn't SW feature in D23 exactly two years ago? What do we have to show for that two years? A couple of concept art pieces which could have been knocked out by most competent designers in a week or two.

Excuse me for not getting excited, but I'd wait at least until this goes vertical before getting too excited.

lazyboy97o

Some of the info isn't ... most NDAs expire most have a duration ... some is talked in vague clues to not break them. No one should break active NDAs.
Just to speak with someone at Walt Disney Imagineering can involve a very broad agreement. Even the vague clues or not denying are breaking the agreements.

Cesar R M

Apologies if this has already been pointed out, I'm 50 pages behind right now.....

But remind me when did HP open? Was it 2010 and 2014?

Disney probably won't even break ground on this until 2017 or 2018, then add a 5 year built time.
HP will have been open 15 years by the time this actually opens, goodness knows what Universal will have opened by then.

There a reason they didn't announce any dates for this. It's not happening soon.
There would have been outrage if they'd said coming in 2022 DL and 2025 WDW...yet do it this was and you drip feed the fans and built the excitement. If I remember right, didn't SW feature in D23 exactly two years ago? What do we have to show for that two years? A couple of concept art pieces which could have been knocked out by most competent designers in a week or two.

Excuse me for not getting excited, but I'd wait at least until this goes vertical before getting too excited.
Universal might even open the third expansion (Ministry of Magic) by the time DHS opens Star Wars....

PhotoDave219

This is a very philosophical conversation that is going to require a lot of alcohol.

Part of me agrees with you: We need to keep things a surprise and Disney is allowed corporate secrets.

Part of me doesn't: I wanna know whats going on and have no trouble filtering, obscuring and otherwise being vague enough to hide the source of what I'm told. Discression is a key; not everything is newsworthy.

Its a high stakes game - Theres a lot of trust involved. There are lives, careers and futures in the balance. I take that very very seriously.

Next Big Thing

Didn't want to create a new thread, but I thought it was interesting this was listed under "Star Wars perks" for the Disney Visa Card:

• Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet at our private Cardmember location at Walt Disney World® Resort starting early 2016 and the Disneyland® Resort starting Fall 2015

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

jakeman

I can say with every confidence that it will NOT be in Orlando.
Okay. I'll play because I'm bored. I'll even tag your partner in pessimism @ford91exploder.

What's the end game for Disney in this? What benefit do they get by not following through?

Where is the good PR in this in 5 or 7 years for them to cancel these plans? Not just here, but in the general public that this was reported to?

No compelling argument has been made for why this won't happen in some capacity other than some conspiratorial mumbo jumbo who's sole basis is "I don't like how Disney runs things".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom