Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Touche. It was just hard to sift through the past couple pages without finding people squabbling about opening dates. Disney has formally said 2019. How is that not good enough for everyone?

Whadyamean "everyone"? It's one person who is still repeating old and bad information and then backing up with more unfounded claims (Disney wants a buffer) and suspect supposition (weather will delay it!).

We (as in all of us except that one person) know it will be in 2019 as announced, and most likely separated by a few months, though, one insider is saying Disney actually wouldn't mind if they could open simultaneously.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Whadyamean "everyone"? It's one person who is still repeating old and bad information and then backing up with more unfounded claims (Disney wants a buffer) and suspect supposition (weather will delay it!).

We (as in all of us except that one person) know it will be in 2019 as announced, and most likely separated by a few months, though, one insider is saying Disney actually wouldn't mind if they could open simultaneously.
And by everyone I mean anyone who clearly can't accept 2019 as reality ;) not you.

Goofyernmost

And by everyone I mean anyone who clearly can't accept 2019 as reality ;) not you.
But, lord forbid that something does delay it due to unplanned problems. We will never hear the end of it. That said, all we can go by right now is what they have said. Disney, I'm talking about, said it would be 2019. Coming from Disney you don't get much more "insider" than that. It's much more then "I know a guy who said" type of inside information.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

But, lord forbid that something does delay it due to unplanned problems. We will never hear the end of it. That said, all we can go by right now is what they have said. Disney, I'm talking about, said it would be 2019. Coming from Disney you don't get much more "insider" than that. It's much more then "I know a guy who said" type of inside information.
Totally. "Stuff" can happen and throw things off-track...but its not really worth getting worked up over.

DDLand

You don't think DL wants to have a 9-12 month window of exclusivity of SWL? to get more guests and numbers? If someone knew they had to wait almost a year for FLA don't you think they would book a trip to DL and then another year after to DHS? But if FLA was opening few months after they most likely will wait.
Disneyland does not authorize these large capital expenditures. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts under Bob Chapek directs the global strategy of the entire chain with supervision and accountability resting in Bob Iger and the Board of Directors.

Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort may have some sibling rivalry, but they're all ultimately playing for the same team. The team coach wants a near simultaneous role out of Star Wars Experiences. That means more money for the entire Walt Disney Company.

It's worth noting that staggering Star Wars Experience likely wouldn't drive significant traffic to Disneyland anyway. Would a person from the east coast plan a trip to Disneyland when they know a SWE is opening shortly thereafter at Walt Disney World? Unless they're uber Star Wars nerds, that's doubtful.

It's in Disney's interest to get Star Wars Experience open on both coasts as soon as possible. I really think those lands will be transformative. It will be like opening a whole new park, but with far less overhead. The Resorts are going to get slammed. The hotels will be able to charge fantastic rates. This is going to open the floodgates for further investment.

UpAllNight

Crikey I remember reading these forums 14 years ago when people were hoping and dreaming of an entire Star Wars Land. We're so close to so many peoples dreams becoming a reality, finally. There may have been a cut from 3 to 2 attractions but I'm still greatful that we appear to be getting 2 really great world class additions that Star Wars deserves. Disney of the past decade will not have persued the same path, so to be in this postition is a great step forward for the resort.

Let's hope they use this momentum to force through Epcot updates and really get all the parks prepared for the 50th. It truely is a unique opportunity for them to make mega mega money but the parks are in no fit state to handle extra capacity at this moment. Give those extra visitors in 2019-2022 a great experience and they'll be fans for life.

Chapek, dare I say, has been a positive step forward for the resort...so far.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is the latest aerial.

upload_2017-6-10_7-33-48.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Five day progress at DL, 2/11 and then 2/15. It's getting harder to compare since the construction sequence is different. DL has less steel the DHS in the second picture, but it has the decking on the first floor which DHS does not. The pit at the end of the show building is still well behind where it was in DL on 2/15.
upload_2017-6-10_7-36-39.png

upload_2017-6-10_7-37-26.png

Movielover

And the correct answer is two... now we can move on to phase B (the sincere statement coupled with the joint opening speculation) and determine how many that will take.

But if we divide that by the number of people who detest the addition of this land while adding the small amount who refuse to accept that the land is being built, then multiply that by the gross amount of people who say Toy Story Land is a giant middle finger to the Disney name , then factor in if a train leaves Chicago going 50 MPH and you have 7 apples...

Solve for X
:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::hungover:

Goofyernmost

But if we divide that by the number of people who detest the addition of this land while adding the small amount who refuse to accept that the land is being built, then multiply that by the gross amount of people who say Toy Story Land is a giant middle finger to the Disney name , then factor in if a train leaves Chicago going 50 MPH and you have 7 apples...

Solve for X
:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::hungover:
Simple, X = next Tuesday! What else could it be?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom